I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

The beginning of my false floor remodel.. NEW PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
that is very nice, only thing i would have done differently, and this is just me, i would've used acrylic (lexan, or thick plexiglass) for the covers over the openings. Put the items on display a little more, if you will.

but it looks outstanding for what you've done, def an upgrade from the old setup. Nice Job!!
Old 12-09-2006
Racism sucks, just like your Mom...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
that is very nice, only thing i would have done differently, and this is just me, i would've used acrylic (lexan, or thick plexiglass) for the covers over the openings. Put the items on display a little more, if you will.

but it looks outstanding for what you've done, def an upgrade from the old setup. Nice Job!!
Wouldn't plexiglass eventually get scratched up?
Old 12-09-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
looks very clean, nice work. any plans to put lighting under or above?
Old 12-09-2006
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I have 2 cold cathodes around each opening (2 3" ones for each amp, 2 12" ones for the subs.

Lexan wouldn't allow air to escape and would turn the subs into a bandpass, and wouldn't allow the amps to cool very well.
Old 12-09-2006
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Scott Civic
Couple of quick questions:

1. I think it's obvious, but I just want to be sure---you had to get rid of the spare, right?

2. What kind of mesh is that and where'd you get it? Cost?

3. Did you ever consider doing some sort of mod where you installed heavy-duty trunk struts and made an attached enclosure for the inside of the trunk lid? Would that even be possible? I only ask because I'm wracking my brain, trying to think of a way to put subs and stuff into the trunk area, leaving maximum trunk space for traditional use, all the while keeping the spare...
Yes, the spare is gone. My insurance tows for free though....

I picked up the mesh at a metal supply place here in Phoenix. 2x3 foot sheet cost me about 20 bucks. Then I used a grinder to get the shapes I needed...
Old 12-09-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
Nice, job Rufus, looks good.

as far as ^^^, I don't see the trunk like idea working. Have you considered fiberglassing them into the back corners of trunk?? That would keep them out of the way, and allow you to keep your spare.
Originally, I created a mold to fiberglass them behind the taillights, but that left the issue of hiding equipment. A false floor solves everything...
Old 12-09-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by dabflyboy
frickin' sweet dude. great job. just one question....is the entire surface usable? what i mean is, can you place stuff on top of the mesh area without it getting messed up?
The mesh is steel and held in place by liquid nails. it isn't going anywhere.
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Damn, that looks good. Lovin it so far.
Old 12-09-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
any night pics?
Old 12-09-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
wow im definitely impressed with it. but i personally kinda liked your old look too
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

puidokas is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
curiousity ownz me...what kind of suspension are you running and would you care to estimate how much all of that weighs?
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
we need a few slabs of ribs, some BBQ sauce and fire up them grills!!

Looks real nice man. all that work really paid off.
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
very nicely done.
Old 12-10-2006
Premium Member

To answer a few questions:

I don't have any night pics because I wired the cathodes up exactly as I read but it caused the invertors to become toast. So until I can replace those invertors and identify why it happened there will be no lights...

For suspension, I run Eibach Sportlines in the fron and oem in the rear but I removed one rung from the rears. With the Sportlines in the rear I was tucking rim...a LOT of rim. No idea what it all weighs but it rides great..
Old 12-10-2006

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Is the equipment really that heavy or is it mainly because of the materials for the false floor itself?
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

Hxrxld is an unknown quantity at this point
So... what happens if you get a flat?
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
member of AAA.
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

m3mo15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice job with everything, i like the concept of having a system and still having space for any b/s u wanna throw in the trunk, one question did u lose any quality in sound?
Old 12-15-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit
member of AAA.
Free towing from my Insurance
Old 12-15-2006
Premium Member

Is the equipment really that heavy or is it mainly because of the materials for the false floor itself?
It all ads up. The box is only 1/2" MDF but it has an assload of bracing
Old 12-15-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by m3mo15
Nice job with everything, i like the concept of having a system and still having space for any b/s u wanna throw in the trunk, one question did u lose any quality in sound?
Quality compared to what? It sounds fine except everything in our cars is cheap and rattles. Firing subs up doesn't help..
Old 12-15-2006
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
but all the deadener and damping products do
Old 12-15-2006
Tire Spin

Str8UpCivic will become famous soon enough
love wut uve done with it! wut else do u have planned in the future. ur system looks sic. i like.
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

m3mo15 is an unknown quantity at this point
you said u cut out like half the space from what u had before, thats what i was referring to. Once again nice job

Originally Posted by Rufus
Quality compared to what? It sounds fine except everything in our cars is cheap and rattles. Firing subs up doesn't help..
Old 12-16-2006

Originally Posted by Rufus
It all ads up. The box is only 1/2" MDF but it has an assload of bracing
Wow. All that wood...you wouldn't think it would be that heavy. I'm assuming you needed two guys to get that sucker in...

Last edited by Scott Civic; 12-16-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2006
Banned

Gr33nMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
BUMP DA BUMP! nice set up. keep up the great work ruffy
Old 12-16-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit
but all the deadener and damping products do
True, I'd really like to faster the rear deck better than plastic clips though...
Old 12-16-2006
Premium Member

Wow. All that wood...you wouldn't think it would be that heavy. I'm assuming you needed two guys to get that sucker in...
No way. I can do it just fine by myself. It's not THAT heavy. The equipment prolly weighs as much as the materials. D9 subs are HEAVY

Last edited by Rufus; 12-16-2006 at 04:04 PM.