I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Audio Suggestions Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dhodgeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Audio Suggestions Needed

Greetings

I found this site while searching for installation info on a 2002 Civic EX Sedan that I just bought. It replaced a 1997 Civic LX that the insurance company decided wasn't worth repairing after it was involved in a fender bender (I'm still fuming over that).

I had an Alpine CDA-9820XM in the '97, along with Kicker speakers in the front and rear. I did remove all of this before turning the car over to the insurance company.

I've got everything I need on order to install the Alpine head, but have found out that the Kickers will not fit in the 2002 EX.

So, I'm thinking about putting a bit more money and effort into the audio system. I do want to keep the Alpine and would like a really good set of speakers for the thing.

Also, I'm wondering if adding a power amp to the setup would be a good idea or not. I don't really want to do any mods for a sub-woofer and would like to know if a power amp can make that much difference without a sub.

For what its worth, I listen to a wide range of music, mainly focusing on guitar oriented rock and progressive/modern jazz. Even with XM, I still find myself playing a number of CDs from my guitar idols, but Fine Tuning, Music Lab and Beyond Jazz are my favorite XM channels. I'm also going to setup an interface to my MP3 player for yet another source of music.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions and would appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance

D

Last edited by dhodgeh; 04-03-2006 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
the speakers you have might fit with some mdf or plastic spacers

otherwise why not get all alpine speakers as well they sound pretty good with or without an amp

i personally recommend infinity speakers and amps but thats just preference

also if your mp3 player is an ipod look into getting a newer model head unit as alot of them have ipod interfaces