Power Window Switch - How to fix a stuck window switch

Old 02-23-2019
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
Power Window Switch - How to fix a stuck window switch

06 EX Mild Mods: I have 2 electric windows that barely closed with help the last time I used them. What is a good way to test whether the problem is the switch or the motor?

Ezone: Slow windows? Likely seal drag.
First I'd get a can of spray silicone lubricant....open the windows and hose it onto the vertical glass run channel seals so the glass slides easier.

06 EX Mild Mods: The silicone spray lubricant definitely helped.

How To Diagnose your Power Window Problem; Is the Switch or motor bad?

DIY: Honda Civic Power Window Switch Fix - How to fix a stuck window switch

Use cards and plastic putty knife under edge of window door lock control to separate it from the door. Remove 2 connectors by depressing connector tabs. Remove 4 Phillips head screws that attach master switch control back panel. Use a bladed screw driver or cards on 2 sides to release 2 tabs on each side. Remove individual switch covers with a small bladed screw driver to release their plastic cover tabs. Remove 2 switch contacts clean them and the surface that they mate with. Remove little metal contactors. Scrap off oxidation on these contactors and the contacts that they sit on using steel wool and small bladed screw driver. Put dielectric or lithium grease on all surfaces to prevent corrosion. Put contactors back into switch such that the narrow end is toward the outside and the tab notch down. Clean contacts for electric door locks and lubricate them with lithium grease as well. Reassemble switch PCB back into black plastic switch case with 4 Phillips screws. Do a final cleaning of the case exterior. Install switch PCB case back into switch assembly. Reattach 2 switch assembly connectors. Test all windows from all switches. Finally snap switch assembly back into door arm rest starting with front part by mirror control. Couldn't find the font size formatting feature. [/QUOTE]

Ezone: Slow window movement is rarely caused by a switch or motor failing. What's left? Physical drag.[/QUOTE]
The following users liked this post:
fgb000 (04-12-2020)