Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here.

Supercharge

Old 08-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silentoreo is an unknown quantity at this point
Supercharge

Hey, so question for you guys who know 8th gen si pretty well. I was looking to boost my car. I was thinking supercharger maybe.

My question is...Is it possible to take a supercharger from a different car and put it on my car? If so which cars would I be able to get it from and what not.
Old 08-03-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: Supercharge

The supercharger for your car will have to be for your car only. The only supercharger that will fit on your car is the k series supercharger which you should know that is what you got. You will have to get it directly for your car because of the clearance issue. The supercharger for your car is different from the other k superchargers because your bay is super small and the others will not clear the radiator support.

The k20z3 can probably stand up to 10 psi fairly well with stock internals. I hope so cause the k20a3 can handle up to 12 psi of a supercharger and turbo with stock internals. I say the wise decisions of supercharger would be the Jackson Racing supercharger. You can find it in alot of places. You want the Race kit not the street kit cause the street kit only goes to 5 psi. The race kit goes to 12 psi. Hopefully you know that the pulley on the supercharger decides how much psi you run. The bigger the pulley then the more psi. If you get the race kit get the kpro that comes with it in the package it make everything cheaper if you bundle it up.

The cheaper way is to find maybe someone with your car that is selling it and get it off of them and then kpro. If you buy it new then it will be over 3000.
Old 08-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Remember you will have to get supporting mods to run a SC, if they don't come with a kit. It is not exactly "plug and play".
Old 08-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silentoreo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I know it wasn't gonna be a plug and play kinda thing due to the fact that if it was i'm pretty sure everyone would have one probably. I went to a shop and said I should turbo > supercharger if i'm going to be spending that much already. So the idea kinda just like popped up about the supercharger thing. Because I know you can take turbo's from other cars and put them on my car (lots of mods and custom fitting) and it works and all. Idk If I wanna spend 3K on my car really its a DD and don't want it to break. So I was just thinking a project after this car is paid off. So had to ask my queston and for the most part got my answer.
Old 08-03-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Superchargers are not as bad as turbos but it still will make your car not as realible as it use to be but I know tons of people running 12 psi for over a year and still running strong. While it is turboed or whatever just make sure you keep her well maintained and everything and you should be fine. Another thing when you supercharge I am almost sure you will have to get an aftermarket crankshaft chain tensor. And to get some more power out of the supercharger and keep the car cool while using it you should use water/meth with the supercharger.
Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Another thing that is important is to get a good dyno tune after you install a turbo/super, there are alot of crappy tuners out ther so find a good one.