Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here.

06 civic si 300hp goal

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7th_gear will become famous soon enough7th_gear will become famous soon enough
06 civic si 300hp goal

okay so i signed my car over today, its still "mine" until i go to training, but when i finish the 06 si will be rolling back home with me.

I decided to make a hp goal, as to not just say "I want a fast car", now the SI is going to be completely stock, and I want to reach 300hp, or close while maintaining a daily driving stature. Other than 300hp I have a couple other beefs such as:

I dont want it be sound like a weed whacker (deep beefy exhaust)
I would like my engine to be louder than my exhaust, you know what I mean.
I would prefer not to lower it(insert flame here) because my city has the worst roads in Canada, and I couldn't deal with ripping my front end off on a pot hole.

I would like suspension that isnt lowered but will stick with me if i choose to juice some ford focus with a hefty muffler at the lights.

This might seem ridiculous, and or not possible but this i why I say I would like to keep it able for daily driving. So please hit me up with any suggestions and parts that you can think of, Please don't tell me to search because as I type this, my tabs at the top have turbo threads, exhaust threads, suspension threads, and many others around the same topics, I AM searching, Just looking for feedback at the moment.

Cheers.
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all
Re: 06 civic si 300hp goal

your best bet right now is a super/turbocharger kit to start you off otherwise open up your pocket book
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FGCOUPE
your best bet right now is a super/turbocharger kit to start you off otherwise open up your pocket book
yes, I am defiantly going turbo. unless you know where i can get magic unicorn blood to reach my goal(sarcasm). I know for a fact that I am going to do a complete turbo kit and my pocketbook is ready to be opened as is. Well i'm going to wait until I get the car to buy anything but it never hurts to plan ahead, either way besides a turbo kit and exhaust what can I really do. Granted that I will no doubt have to get new headers and what have you.
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

have you been in the newer Si's by chance?

if so...have you heard the VTEC engage?
i dont think youll have a problem with the engine being loud for ya'
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

first things first, get the car if you're sure that's what you want. then search around the 8th gen civic section here, i'm sure somewhere this has been covered. if you can't find anything here, honda-tech is your friend. if you're looking for a complete kit though, the GReddy kit i hear is quite good, though i don't think it'll get you to 300whp, but i'd be a nice start. good luck, and keep your head up at basic, it aint that long. but pay attention to what the drills tell you, they get paid to make you a soldier, but they are not going to hold your hand to do so....

though they have gotten much softer than when i came in....
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
first things first, get the car if you're sure that's what you want. then search around the 8th gen civic section here, i'm sure somewhere this has been covered. if you can't find anything here, honda-tech is your friend. if you're looking for a complete kit though, the GReddy kit i hear is quite good, though i don't think it'll get you to 300whp, but i'd be a nice start. good luck, and keep your head up at basic, it aint that long. but pay attention to what the drills tell you, they get paid to make you a soldier, but they are not going to hold your hand to do so....

though they have gotten much softer than when i came in....

TouchE sir, touchE.

but aside from the turbo kit, which is going to be a hefty one, and the exhaust, which im still checking out, what can be done to increase the hp by that much? besides little things that I am failing to mention (CAI ,intake yadda yadda yadda)
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

well...if your getting boosted may aswell get started right...

Turbokit (w/e kit you decide on)
FMIC to bring the EGT's down (also adding 10HP approx)
3" Catback exhaust
Highflow cat
Downpipe (this allows the turbo to spool faster)
BOV (keeps the wheel turning/....) and just sounds so cool! hehe!

i could keep going but thatll steer ya in the right direction for now^
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

well...if your getting boosted may aswell get started right...

Turbokit (w/e kit you decide on)
FMIC to bring the EGT's down (also adding 10HP approx)
3" Catback exhaust
Highflow cat
Downpipe (this allows the turbo to spool faster)
BOV (keeps the wheel turning/....) and just sounds so cool! hehe!

i could keep going but thatll steer ya in the right direction for now^
thanks, that's a good start, I WAS looking at the GReddy kit as a matter of a fact, this one in particular

http://www.optionimports.com/grtukithocis.html

the specs show that it will add roughly 56 hp at 7800, but if I may?

I usually shift around 3-4K as it is, is there a way to buy these parts individually that are slightly larger? for instance- The kit comes with 370cc injectors, would it be possible to purchase LARGER injectors, hence gaining more power? It might even be cheaper to buy parts separate, but I'm still looking for the best suited kit for my needs as it is. Mind you I am not very familiar with reputable dealers, so any that you know of would be great, at the moment I am googling haha. I have another question for you, for ALL of you(because I'm not sure if your Canadian or not, But when all this is said and done, am I destined NEVER to pass an emissions test again? or am I going to have to find someone that can write them?
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 7th_gear
thanks, that's a good start, I WAS looking at the GReddy kit as a matter of a fact, this one in particular

http://www.optionimports.com/grtukithocis.html

the specs show that it will add roughly 56 hp at 7800, but if I may?

I usually shift around 3-4K as it is, is there a way to buy these parts individually that are slightly larger? for instance- The kit comes with 370cc injectors, would it be possible to purchase LARGER injectors, hence gaining more power? It might even be cheaper to buy parts separate, but I'm still looking for the best suited kit for my needs as it is. Mind you I am not very familiar with reputable dealers, so any that you know of would be great, at the moment I am googling haha. I have another question for you, for ALL of you(because I'm not sure if your Canadian or not, But when all this is said and done, am I destined NEVER to pass an emissions test again? or am I going to have to find someone that can write them?
shift at 3-4k? wow!
that bitch is redlined at 8k bro'
and VTEC engages around 5k i think?
so your not even hitting VTEC by this^

Greddy is awesome but as im sure youve read theyve filed for bankruptcy but not closing thier doors, so im not sure if that will be a targeted part or not on their behalf?

P2k spacer on your 06 Civic with a Fujita SRI will sound SWEET!! ive heard it myself. Besides the P2k has nipples on it for add ons later on such as NOS, etc...

umm? if i think of anything else ill chime in k
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

shift at 3-4k? wow!
that bitch is redlined at 8k bro'
and VTEC engages around 5k i think?
so your not even hitting VTEC by this^

Greddy is awesome but as im sure youve read theyve filed for bankruptcy but not closing thier doors, so im not sure if that will be a targeted part or not on their behalf?

P2k spacer on your 06 Civic with a Fujita SRI will sound SWEET!! ive heard it myself. Besides the P2k has nipples on it for add ons later on such as NOS, etc...

umm? if i think of anything else ill chime in k

Yeah I realize I shift at low RPM's but with gas prices with a stock engine( I really dont need to rev any higher) Mind you once I put that build together, I might as well rev er up!. ****in paid for it right? As for GReddy, they just have alot of positive feedback from the community so i figured it would be a good start to my search, do you know of any other solid companies that produce a complete kit(or any members that could give me some?)But breathing and turbokit aside, Any suggestions for cams and headers? 300WHP or bust my man!! I'm pretty sure that NOS is more illegal to have in a car than a pound of methamphetamine so I'll most likely stray away from that(both the nos and the meth!) besides, that just seems like overkill, I'm trying to get 300 CONSTANT hp, not for 10 seconds, although I imagine nos would be pretty sweet, I have never been in a vehicle with it.

oh yeah and if its possible I would like to get a turbokit that comes with an ECU, I'd hate to spend 5G's on a kit then an extra 1600 for an ECU that isnt compatible(I Know computers, that's just about it, cant tell you how many times I've run into people with vista. With a printer meant for XP)

thanks

Last edited by 7th_gear; 09-14-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

And I cannot find a "P2k spacer" anywhere, even on google images, just comes up with pregnant women, and if that's what your telling me to get, i fold! haha

hopefully P2K isnt an acronym, then I will truly shame my self! haha
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

ill see if i can get a link for you later on, my kids being a pain in my ***!
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

i appologize...its been quite awhile since ive been in the Honda loop, its called a P2R spacer.

www.corsportusa.com
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

i appologize...its been quite awhile since ive been in the Honda loop, its called a P2R spacer.

www.corsportusa.com
no problem man, so you think I would be able to reach around 300WHP with a solid turbo kit, complete exhaust system, the spacer, and some solid headers. Not including little things like wiring and new spark plugs. I'll probably throw some nice headers on too though, according to most of the people I have been talking to, that would defiantly help air flow and overall performance. Furthermore, do you think I would benefit from 4-2-1 headers as they help more in mid rpm's or what? I guess the only downside with that is a lack of hp boost (3-15 from my reading)

quick question though, what IS the purpose of that spacer, again excuse me if it seems like a redundant, dumb question.

Last edited by 7th_gear; 09-14-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

also forgot too mention, P2R also makes thermo-gaskets which deters heat-soak. These new Hondas did an awesome job of doing most the work for you such as plastic intake runners, etc (dont have all the specifics off hand) so this helps a bunch. But the P2R 3/4" spacer increases up to 5HP alone at the wheels by what they claim. These spacers create a vortex (air-charge) which carries into the combustion chamber, producing a super-atomized mixture and resulting in tremendous gains in mid-range power, torque and fuel efficiency."

Fuel rail would be benficial for your turbo application aswell.. umm?
Old 09-15-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

For suspension, get a set of konis and call it a day. You don't need to lower, but konis will add better handling. Also, increase the size of your rear sway bar.
Old 09-15-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by robbclark1
For suspension, get a set of konis and call it a day. You don't need to lower, but konis will add better handling. Also, increase the size of your rear sway bar.

yeah that's one of my beefs, as much as I like the look of a lowered ride; My city has the worst streets in Ontario(Toronto) my front end would get ripped off in a half hour. Better handling you say? well consider the konis set added to my shopping list.
Old 09-15-2008
Registered!!

also forgot too mention, P2R also makes thermo-gaskets which deters heat-soak. These new Hondas did an awesome job of doing most the work for you such as plastic intake runners, etc (dont have all the specifics off hand) so this helps a bunch. But the P2R 3/4" spacer increases up to 5HP alone at the wheels by what they claim. These spacers create a vortex (air-charge) which carries into the combustion chamber, producing a super-atomized mixture and resulting in tremendous gains in mid-range power, torque and fuel efficiency."

Fuel rail would be benficial for your turbo application aswell.. umm?
I think I would be better off replacing all the gaskets, just to be safe. I would hate to blow one. I was thinking about getting a set of DC headers, they seem to be pretty well built according to the community, and apparently preform quite well. Would pistons benefit me anymore? Little things that would help my engine in the long run and gain hp(even if its only 1) are defiantly worth my money.
Old 09-15-2008
Registered!!

i will agree, if this P2R spacers not for you then cool!
but it is cool that its NOS ready if you need it. lol
but for real....not like youll feel a damn thing with 4.5HP ahah!
but yes....id invest in anything to rid heatsoak!
Old 09-15-2008
Registered!!

i will agree, if this P2R spacers not for you then cool!
but it is cool that its NOS ready if you need it. lol
but for real....not like youll feel a damn thing with 4.5HP ahah!
but yes....id invest in anything to rid heatsoak!
To tell you the truth I probably would invest in that spacer, simply because it adds HP for a cheap price, and sure, maybe down the road I WILL add NOS, but as of right now, I just dont see the need. Thats just asking for a massive ticket and a car seizure in my Province.

is there a complete gasket kit on the market? I imagine there is, but What material removes heat best on an engine? I know on computers its usually copper, but aluminum works best, which is too expensive for motherboards. I guess its not really an issue for engines though? My money is hence on aluminum.
Old 09-15-2008
Registered!!

my honest opiniion on the P2R spacer would be to say that the claimed 4.5HP is BS! i think the ECU would compenate for any change it would have done really. I would have bought it for the choice of hooking NOS up not cuz of the lowsy HP claimed.

Check corpsport out, they have awesome gaskets man!
i would recommend that stuff 100%
As for HG....not sure what best one is on the market myself, ive heard some speak of making their own copper HG's and maybe its good up to a certain HP number, i dunno? but, i would use a steel HG with ARP studs myself especially with a boosted car like your about to do to the Civy!

i would hit up forums that have better knowledge on the 8th GEN Civic Si's myself if i were you. This forum has great stuff on it but not as far as your new one goes.

www.8thcivic.com has awesome stuff! check them out.
Old 09-15-2008
Registered!!

yeah I am just gathering some opinions from the community, my final build is a few months away, I just want to buy everything in one big lump, get the confusion out now, finalize my shopping list, then once the car rolls through, order away.I think I have enough recommended parts off this thread alone to get me to 300, but I'm going to take what I know now here, and see what the 8th gen guys think. thanks bro. Anymore ideas, feel free to chime in.
Old 09-15-2008
Registered!!

my honest opiniion on the P2R spacer would be to say that the claimed 4.5HP is BS! i think the ECU would compenate for any change it would have done really. I would have bought it for the choice of hooking NOS up not cuz of the lowsy HP claimed.

Check corpsport out, they have awesome gaskets man!
i would recommend that stuff 100%
As for HG....not sure what best one is on the market myself, ive heard some speak of making their own copper HG's and maybe its good up to a certain HP number, i dunno? but, i would use a steel HG with ARP studs myself especially with a boosted car like your about to do to the Civy!

i would hit up forums that have better knowledge on the 8th GEN Civic Si's myself if i were you. This forum has great stuff on it but not as far as your new one goes.

www.8thcivic.com has awesome stuff! check them out.

hey that Greddy turbo kit I was looking at comes with a downpipe adapter, but when If I get the kit and a separate exhaust system from magnaflow Will I need to buy a separate downpipe? the exhaust system dose not seem to come with one :S
Old 11-22-2008
Registered!!

PRtuned is an unknown quantity at this point

Your going to need atleast some pistons and rods for 300whp.. And I'm not sure why you keep bringing up headers, because there is only one and none on a turbo'd application.

If you by a turbo kit, then it will come with some type of turbo manifold wether it be log, mini, or ramhorn. There is also a topmount but no need for you to by that as it's for full-race, topend power.

That spacer isn't going to add anymore power either, just add spaces for vacuum lines, n2o lines, etc. And since you do plan on going turbo I would hold off on the exhaust system to match the kit.

So do more research before you start wasting money on needless parts.
Old 11-28-2008
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PRtuned
Your going to need atleast some pistons and rods for 300whp..
I know this is a different engine but didn't andyman run 300hp on stock internals?