Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here.
View Poll Results: Which engine should I choose?
JDM Type-R K20A
100.00%
JDM Prelude Type-SiR H22A
0%
JDM S2000 F20C
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

06 Civic engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jordan Flores is an unknown quantity at this point
06 Civic engine swap

So I have a 2006 Honda Civic Ex Sedan. My priority mod at the moment is swapping the engine as soon as I possibly can. I have narrowed my search down to a couple choices. My number 1 choice is a JDM K20A from a Type-R. My second choice is an H22 from a 90s model Prelude.

But I have been doing more research and found another engine that I really want. The only problem is I honestly have no idea whether or not it would fit in my car. My 3rd choice for the time being(unless it is compatible with my car in which case it becomes my 1st choice) is an F20C from a Honda S2000. It was meant to be place longitudinally in the S2K's large engine bay. Not only that but it is RWD transmission only which means my car would have to be converted.

The K20A I found produces 220 HP, the H22A produces 217, and the F20C produces 247, which makes it a great choice for the high power output in my car.

My questions pertain to if anybody actually knows from experience if the F20C can be swapped into an 8th gen Civic. If not, which of the other 2 engines would be the better choice for boosting, as well as just the better engine in general?

If you dont want to answer by paragraph form, simply vote on the poll please!
Old 04-02-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 06 Civic engine swap

K20A
Sell this car and buy a Civic SI. Much cheaper and easier.

You have to consider emissions laws in your state? You ought to investigate what you intend to do before you dive in.

H22
engine spins the wrong direction.
Can't swap an older engine into a newer body anyway due to emissions laws.
Old 04-02-2016
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jordan Flores
My 3rd choice for the time being(unless it is compatible with my car in which case it becomes my 1st choice) is an F20C from a Honda S2000. It was meant to be place longitudinally in the S2K's large engine bay. Not only that but it is RWD transmission only which means my car would have to be converted.
this would cost a fortune as there is really no room for a RWD driveshaft, under your car

secondly, your frame and body structure would never be able to handle that type of power coming from the rear wheels, it would crumple like an acordian
Old 04-02-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jordan Flores is an unknown quantity at this point

As it turns out, my State doesn't require emissions testing in my area. So the emissions wont be a problem. I went ahead and did research to check, thank you for telling me to do so. Im not exactly sure what you mean by the H22a spinning the wrong way?
Also, I would much rather just modify my car. I dont wanna pay the insurance on an Si.

And I actually originally planned to convert my car to AWD at some point anyways. Is it possible that the F20 would work with AWD at all? Basically every part of my car is going to be replace with aftermarket performance parts, including the suspension.
Old 04-02-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Im not exactly sure what you mean by the H22a spinning the wrong way?
Crank spins counterclockwise.

Your original engine spins the crank clockwise.

Can't work unless you swap the entire drivetrain (engine and trans) and move everything so the engine can sit on the drivers side.