Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

ratcheting noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017
4speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4speed is an unknown quantity at this point
ratcheting noise

for years on my 06 civic i have had this ratcheting noise when turning the steering wheel when the car wasn't moving. i took it to the dealer and they did something to make it stop but did not tell me what they did. first it was just one side now both sides are doing it. i don't feel anything just hear it. does anyone have an idea what it could be. it hasn't gotten louder or worse over the years, more so i am just curious what it could be.
Old 04-18-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: ratcheting noise

Could be a number of things but the strut mount was probably the culprit. There was not a work order written up?