Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

ground control coilover making noise please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kike is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation ground control coilover making noise please help

What's up... I need help I just lowered my 07 coupe with gc coilovers and stock shocks... I did not receive any instructions and I installed them without any bushings. Does anyone have instructiona or anything that would help me... now when I turn I hear this clunk noise from the springs up front.... so I guess my question is, do I have to use the stock bearing assembly on this setup? Thanks
Old 04-21-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ground control coilover making noise please help

What do you mean by no bushings? Do you mean strut mounts?

Do you mean you reused the OEM strut mounts?

or

Removed the bearing in the OEM strut mount and left the new coilover spring contacting nothing but the strut mount case?

As well you said
"lowered my 07 coupe with gc coilovers and stock shocks"

This is not possible, coilovers are stand alone suspension systems you use them to replace OEM struts.

I checked out the GC site and it looks like they only have strut conversion kits.

So I'm guessing you are using OEM struts, removed the spring, and placed the kit on the OEM strut?

If so that is fine, but you will need to use the OEM strut mounts as they are designed to work with OEM springs, so the strut mount bearing should be installed, or, there should be an included bearing.

Please post pictures of what you bought and how it is installed.