Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Lowering my 06 civic sedan

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stussey21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lowering my 06 civic sedan

Hi, i want to get started buying all the suspension parts I need to get my car as low as possible, could anyone give me any insight as to what springs to use and do I need to upgrade my struts, etc. I have no idea where to start with all this so any help would be great, thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lowering my 06 civic sedan

lowering springs will not get you that low, they're usually 1-two inches.

Adjustable coilovers are made to drop height and can lower a vehicle down 5 inches in some cases.

you'll probably need camber adjustment components.

if you buy cheap coilovers like I do there will be no damper adjustment, which lets you change the stiffness.

These cars also don't have an exhaust tunnel so if you drop her super low and have a larger exhaust system it will scrap and get caught on things.

I'm down about 4 inches on 17s, but I used an angle grinder to cut the wheel wells and smashed them larger with a bfh, I also cut my fenders off about 3 inches front and rear so my tires wouldn't tare the front end off while turning when I race.

Old 10-19-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stussey21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you do you know of any good sites to get cheap coils from and what kind of camber components, like camber arms or what?
Old 10-19-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

You have 8th gen Civic?

Cheap coilovers for slamming (not ones I would recommend): just pick any Tawain made brand. K-Sport, D2, Megan, Godspeed. Racelands are cheap.

For you I would recommend Ground Control sleeves paired with Koni shocks.
Old 10-22-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GODSPEED-GSP...5UZn8C&vxp=mtr

http://raceland.com/honda-coilovers/...coilovers.html

I've been racing pretty hard on Racelands for two years... one of my struts just failed, and I mentioned there is no dampening adjustment. You do get what you pay for so if you want a coil that will last you a long time be prepared to spend some cash and if you want to change ride comfort the same applies.

If you just want her low cheap and dirty and don't mind working on your car/a hard ride, then use the racelands.
Old 10-22-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I have heard so many mixed things about racelands/rokkor. They are a site sponsor! I really want to buy a pair to see for myself and compare them to my KW's I had and my Flex I have now.