Rear Control arms, rear tire wear early models the early models had an issue with the rear control arms (upper) and have a tendency of rapid rear tire wear

Do I get a 2nd opinion about suspension replacement?

Old 05-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
voxine is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I get a 2nd opinion about suspension replacement?

Hi all,
I have an 07 Civic with approx. 90k miles on it. I brought my car to NTB on two separate occasions to get my brakes fixed and oil changed. Both times they said that my suspension needs to be replaced. They showed me the uneven wear on my tires and during the test drive that my car was really loud and bumpy (my personal experience is that the car is indeed very loud).

They estimated labor and parts would be $730. Is this reasonable? Should I get a second opinion from a different shop? How long can I go without getting my suspension replaced if it actually needs to be done? I don't know anything about cars!

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do I get a 2nd opinion about suspension replacement?

That's pretty dang vague.

Answer might be yes or no.
Old 06-01-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

You should get a few opinions. The problem is that if your "suspension (I'm guessing struts) are okay, the aftermarket ones they are going to install are nowhere near as good as the OEM ones you have now. Usually struts last the life of the car, IMO. (*USUALLY!!!)
Old 06-01-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
You should get a few opinions.
I'm going to guess that since it is an 07, it has chopped the inner edges of the rear tires and it needs the revised upper control arms (as per the service bulletin), 4-wheel alignment, and a set of tires.

Just because they all do it.
Old 06-01-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ There you go..