Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

Anybody else getting tired of rap?

Old 03-28-2003
Registered!!

fordfocussucks should not be trusted
Anybody else getting tired of rap?

I'm getting tired of all this bling bling gangsta wanksta mom's spaghetti murda killa thug jigga crap. But I must say, I do like that one Habib Kwelib song "Get By". This new kid might have a future ahead of him. So right now I am listening to mostly rock like Nirvana, Audioslave, Saliva and Linkin Park. Anybody else think rap is crap right now?
Old 03-28-2003
Supreme Member!

wcsjunior is an unknown quantity at this point
lol... i think his name is taleb kwali or something like and i dont think he is new... his songs are weak tho!
Old 03-28-2003
Zoom zoom

jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
Yea I got tired of it a long time ago. Im also getting tired of the same 10 songs being played across 4 stations. Thats why I dont listen to the radio anymore, well sometimes I do, like the saturday night DJ mixes & stuff like that...

TECHNO WILL NEVER GET OLD!!!!!
Old 03-28-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
i never liked rap to begin with, sure the videos are fun cuz they have hot chicks but thats all. i never connected to the songs cuz i dont drive bentlys, have $100k diamond necklaces that spell out my name, have "dubs" on an SUV, or any of the other junk they rap about. most rock is about relationships and hard times, which is why i listen to linkin park on a daily basis cuz thats what they sing about. but yeah i hate rap, and i ESPECIALLY HATE eminem!!! why wont he hurry up and fade out!
Old 03-28-2003
*Sparks*

bumdup is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate modern rap. they really don't make any sense and meaning. i say they bring back the ol' skool rap!
Old 03-28-2003
I Am The Chosen One

profurious is an unknown quantity at this point
YAAAWWNNN! i was tired of that **** before it even started.
Old 03-28-2003
Registered!!

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point
i listen to rap only when i'm angry...still a big fan of the 80's..
Great music...gr8 times
Old 03-28-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the 80's too!

I can't stand rap, peroid. My wife loves it and it drives me nuts!
Old 03-28-2003
Registered!!

Juggaman will become famous soon enough
I can't listen to mainstream rap music. Its terrible. Everyone talks about all the money they have...who gives a rats ***? Definitely not this person right here. I listen to nothing but underground hip-hop. The real deal where people actually still have skills on the mic. Talib Kweli is hard. He's been around for a minute. He was first with Mos Def in the group Blackstar (fine, fine album). I can't listen to the radio either. Every time I turn it on just to see if they're maybe playing something good, its some bullshit like: 50 Cent, P.Doody, Baby, R.Kelly, Fat Joe, etc. What the hell are they thinking? All them cats is the reason why "hip-hop" gets a bad name because they automatically say "they're hip-hop.." Hells naah they're not...they're shitty *** mainstream rap music that everyone listens to because they are played 50 times each a day. Its a form of brainwashing. If you hear a song 50 times a day, would that make you want to listen to it? well, not me...but for some reason it works like that.

Oh yeah, if you want to listen to some real hip-hop, check below:

Aesop Rock
Atmosphere
Extended Famm
Zion I
Cunninlyguists
Royaltee

If you want any hip-hop, hit me up on AIM and I'll send you some. PEACE!

Last edited by Juggaman; 03-28-2003 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-28-2003
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Anybody else getting tired of rap?

Originally posted by fordfocussucks
I'm getting tired of all this bling bling gangsta wanksta mom's spaghetti murda killa thug jigga crap. But I must say, I do like that one Habib Kwelib song "Get By". This new kid might have a future ahead of him. So right now I am listening to mostly rock like Nirvana, Audioslave, Saliva and Linkin Park. Anybody else think rap is crap right now?
nope I love rap. I dont just listen to rap, I also listen to metal, hardcore, punk, rock. I like all types of music. Rap is still cool in my book, and will allways be
Old 03-28-2003
anti rice

spoon will become famous soon enough
Most rappers comming out now are out for image becuase tat is what attracts and sells, like Cash Money, No Limit .. many others. There are only like 20 good rappers IMO, the rest are garbage. Some of those rappers are dead like 2pac, biggie, big L. Eminem can flow like no tommorow, and hes getting alot more mature with his rhymes, and yes talib kweli is gangsta.
Old 03-28-2003
Registered!!

SLAMMED01CIV is an unknown quantity at this point
I listen to a lot of local underground hip hop, like Skyline, Billy Bones and D Kap. I'm big into punk and dance music too. The only mainstream rap I listen to is Eminem. I don't care what anyone says, he will put shame to anyone that steps up to the mic to freestyle. Best rap artist to date.
Old 03-28-2003
Registered!!

MaddonE is an unknown quantity at this point
i never listen to the radio just cds, as far as hip hop goes though i listen eminem, 50 cent, emcee juice (underground), beatnuts, tribe, roots, mos def, rahzel etc. etc. alot of the **** thats out right now is pretty weak. im with spoon and slammed, the only mainstream i really listen to is em and 50 though
Old 03-28-2003
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
lately I've been on this underground rock phase........but I like it

Also liking Chevelle right now
Old 03-28-2003
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by jiggerachi
TECHNO WILL NEVER GET OLD!!!!!
Exactly. This is what happens with corporate radio, like Clear Channel, and I think ABC also owns stations too. (Start sarcaism) Not to mention our best friend Carson Daly, and MTV (End Sarcasim). They decide what is gonna be the next thing today, tomorrow, next week, and next year. It all has to do with money. Why arent there any techno stations? I dont know, its not as popular as people think. I know there are dance stations, where you hear the trendy dance also. The only place I get my techno is from a couple of DJ who spin on campus radio station i goto.
Old 03-28-2003
Let's see if I know the ledge

tricky is on a distinguished road
thats the beauty of Hip-Hop, variety, you got everything from 50 cent to EL-P to Roots Manuva to Aesop Rock to DJ Shadow to Pac to Prefuse 75, theres so much GOOD hip-hop, you just gotta find it and have an open mind to it.

I don't think there is a "REAL" hip-hop, its all the same just different flavours and some are more exposed than others. If you want innovators of the music then look into the UK Scene, Canadian, Japanese...other countries are taking it further then the States IMHO, becuase they havent been affected by all the bling-bling attitude.

Don't even start with that NU-METAL, Limp **** crap either, all those guys would get crushed in a battle, and there ryhmes are so weak.
Old 03-28-2003
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, i used to like rap when it was more gangsta type you know- when doggystyle came out (awesome cd- it was actually musical), and warren G was big, so was da Brat, Dr Dre was okay...then 2pac came and ruined everything! then puff daddy...by then i wasnt listening to rap anymore. rap should strive to reach past this drum/rythm based machine it has turned into. there should be more MUSIC and MELODY involved. I mean, some of these rappers are soo lazy that they resort to ruining perfectly good non-rap songs. one of my favorite examples is led zeppelin's KASHMIR. i think i shed a tear the night i saw jimmy page up on stage with puff daddy on saturday night live. come with me, BLEH!

IMO of course
Old 03-28-2003
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

krayziebonet4l is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by SLAMMED01CIV
only mainstream rap I listen to is Eminem. I don't care what anyone says, he will put shame to anyone that steps up to the mic to freestyle. Best rap artist to date.
First of all I love rap and will never stop listening to it. And about those mainstreams fella's like P. Diddy, Big Tymers, Eminem, 50, they don't really bother me.
And to slammed01civ, your man eminem would get his *** kicked by an up & coming rapper named Jin. He's been freestylin way longer than em, won numerous Freestyle competitions like Braggin Rights and Scribble Jam. He also won 7 straight on 106 & Park where he was shot into fame and was signed to Ruff Ryders on his 7th freestyle friday battle. If you want to see him in action, theres numerous video and audio clips on kazza. Just type in Jin and you'll see tons of files. Download 1 and be prepared to crap in your pants.....
Old 03-28-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
"its like this and like that and like this and uh" ahhhhh old skool west coast rap is the best anything dr. dre touches turns into gold. *** cash money *** p diddy *** 90% of new rap. i think this is a phase of rap the whole BLING THING. hip hop fans are dying for something that even resembels real rap like 50 cent. watch when dre and snoop get back together then everything will be okay. right now rock sucks to . ever since nirvana its all been crap for rock.
Old 03-29-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
Re: Anybody else getting tired of rap?

Originally posted by fordfocussucks
no disrespect but talib kweli has been in the game way before you cut/copy/pasted your pac avatar for this forum. I am sure hes not arabic, if anything he may be african... calling him habib would not render his african roots. He does more of what others would call "underground hip hop" -- unlike musicians like five cent, tupac, BIG, etc who are mainstream. He use to do music with Hi Tek... and before that, with Mos Def. him and mos def were called blackstar -- incase youre looking for dowloads. nonetheless, Download "the blast" if youre interested in him. sorry but you were looking for own3Rship.

for more information:
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/singerUnid/3FD23F7FA6C76B0248256B6D002A14D3
or
!http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/bio.asp?oid=78566 do you like rollingstones? this will help.

yeah i get tired of this bullshit five cent in da clizzub, gangsta fanksta **** too. and alot of these artists are wondering why we DL their music... its cause theyre not worth my money
Old 03-29-2003

alex053 will become famous soon enough
all music out right now seems to be watered down. I have been buying old skool rap and hip hop. only new stuff im feeling is jurassic 5 and they have been around a long time.
Old 03-29-2003
Let's see if I know the ledge

tricky is on a distinguished road
yo like my last post i was trying to say that it's all good, if its all put out equally, not just a certain type of hip-hop, like bling-bling all the time...I love Dre, he's a genius but i also love Prefuse 73 and RJD2...crazy producers...I love Pac but i also love Aesop Rock.

Jin vs Em would be incredible to watch, Jin is good at Freestlye but it takes alot more to write a SONG then just freestyle, and after hearing some of his tunes, i'm still on the fence for his RECORDED flow...Supernatural can rock the mic, probably one of the best ever freestylers, but can he write a SONG, it's all bout songs.
Old 03-29-2003
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

krayziebonet4l is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Tricky
yo like my last post i was trying to say that it's all good, if its all put out equally, not just a certain type of hip-hop, like bling-bling all the time...I love Dre, he's a genius but i also love Prefuse 73 and RJD2...crazy producers...I love Pac but i also love Aesop Rock.

Jin vs Em would be incredible to watch, Jin is good at Freestlye but it takes alot more to write a SONG then just freestyle, and after hearing some of his tunes, i'm still on the fence for his RECORDED flow...Supernatural can rock the mic, probably one of the best ever freestylers, but can he write a SONG, it's all bout songs.
True that tricky...true that

my statement was based only off a freestyle perspective, nothing else.
Old 03-29-2003
Formerly known as Veritas

Kable has a spectacular aura aboutKable has a spectacular aura about
never...but then again i listen to everything..not just rap
Old 03-29-2003
Registered!!

18inchpride is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey hey!!! i dunno what all the cussing is about RAP, like sure it get super annoying when they play the same stupid 10 songs over and over again! But its the Rap at the bars that get you the women and make the ladies do tons of really interesting stuff with their bodies! i dunno about you guys but how do you grind to like AC DC and like Blink and all that stuff and 80's music!!! hahah you gots to have the rap at the bars which helps get the,, you know what! hahah but ya sometimes can be too much!!
JONNY
Old 03-29-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

SOHC you think tupac ruined hip hop

tupac is the jordan of hip hop. imho biggie is sooo over-rated he had a few good songs but no way he is #1 maybe like #6 on the top 10 rappers list. i think the east made a big deal of biggie b/c he was the best they had at the time. i think dmx is the best from the east right now even thou he is not making songs right now.(besides the soundtrack)

tupac , dre , snoop , nate dogg > hip hop
Old 03-29-2003
anti rice

spoon will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by sadboy916

tupac , dre , snoop , nate dogg > hip hop

can't forget vanilla ice
Old 03-29-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
got a couple of comments. First of all, nate dogg doesn't rap, he just makes some singing type sounds.
Tupac, dre, snoop, biggie, 50 cent, eminem, all these other cats that all of you keep saying are the ish, aren't even hip hop. It's straight rap for them, They are strictly emcee's. Hip-hop by defenition is the bringing together of the elements of hip hop culture. The emcee, the dj, the b-boy, and the graff writer. It's a culture, a way of life, not just a musical style.
Supernatural can flow like a monster, but his songs aren't that good, thats the same case with eyedea, and jin.
Have you ever heard Aesop Rock in real emcee cypher? download KFAI freestyle: 51 minutes of eyedea, sage francis, blueprint, illogic, and aesop rock (i think 1 or 2 more guys). But Aesop only steps up like one or two times and gives mediocre verses that sound partly prewritten.
Now Aesop will take every single one of those performers put together in the studio. I'll even venture out to say that Aesop Rock is probably one of the most, if not the most educated and ridiculously literate emcee EVER.
I had this long rant prepared ut i guess i'll stop there. Some poeple just like other stuff. Sadboy for example won't credit an mc unless he talks about being "gangster". Other's here won't credit an MC unless his beats are tight, other's will agree wth me completely.

What's the lesson here? Stop f*cking arguing, its music, it's not quite forced on you. If you like it, you like it, if you dont, you dont, you also dont have to prove to each other who's the best ever, and you have no way to prove it, because half the guys youre naming are dead.
Old 03-30-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

rap = rhythm and poetry so YES nate dogg does rap
Old 03-30-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
that means tom jones raps... and um... every singer in the history of the world is therefore a rapper...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody else getting tired of rap?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.