Sorry to hear the B.S. Fly...! - Honda Civic Forum

Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

Sorry to hear the B.S. Fly...!

Old 03-21-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Unhappy Help, Life sucks

Everything sucks. I hate school. I decided I don't want to be a teacher so now I am just trying to take classes to graduate with a degree. My family says they will not keep paying for college if I don't go into teaching. So basically this is my last semester of class. Sense it is the last semester I will be able to attend, I have essentially stopped going to class and I know that I will be dropped from my classes.

I need to have a job by May so that I can support myself. I put my application in for Firefighter last week and they call me today to say that they weren't taking fighters unless you were already certified. I asked them where I go to get certified and they told me. But to get into the class I have to be workign at a fire department. Same old $hit. To become a fighter you have to be certified, to get certified you have to be a fighter.

So now that is out the window. I don't know what else to do. I am looking into being a police officer. Their requirements say you have to have an associates degree or equivalent hours. I'm not sure what that is but I have 87 hours of school completed right now.

My car sucks. I'm still waiting to get it fixed from the accident. THe place the lady told me to go to get it check out doesn't even f0cking exist. So now I have to call her up to b|itch her out.

I still have to go to this therapy sh|t which is a pain with terrible migrains everyday.

My love life sucks. I haven't even been on a date with a girl since my ex and I broke up last september.

Anyone got any ideas? I need something to do for a job. I just want to start life and get through all this bullsh|t.
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

wh3nw0rdsesc4pe is an unknown quantity at this point
f ucking *dead*
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear about that man. maybe if you pick a different major your parents will pay again?
i worked here for awhile and they have awsome beifetis and stuff. alot of the jobs dont require much exp. click the sort by location and look for output operators or general utility clerks, i know for sure those are simple good jobs.
heres the like again.
Allied Insurance
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

Slainte is an unknown quantity at this point
for such an upbeat poster, you sound pretty down to me. dude, if you can, at least finish your classes this semester, fight that ****in temptation to skip... unless you already have skipped too many... i was in the same situation as you last year, i thought i was two credits short anyway, so i stopped goin to classes, then i started feelin like ****, and started going again. i worked my teachers for passing grades (it was a thing of beauty, but i was really scared), and i graduated. forget about girls, you don't need 'em right now anyway, right now is your time, you gotta get your own head straight before you can worry about someone else's head. my girlfriend and i broke up march of last year, and that's when things started turning around. It was a blessing in disguise. ahhh, i could write a book... hope this helps...
Old 03-21-2003
APS
Registered!!

APS is an unknown quantity at this point
Shoot yourself
Old 03-21-2003
THE WOP

vincenzobar is an unknown quantity at this point
My bro had it worse then you. He lived from place to place, job from job, Bar to bar, Party from party, and fight to fight, and oneday his fun all crashed down on him like a bunker buster!

He was beatin within an inch of his life by his roomate. Of course the next day i flew out from MD to CA to take care of him. he is my younger bro. It took him 23 years of being the black sheep, fights, drugs, and lying to finally figure out he needs to get a job and responsibility.

I am not saying you arent responsible at all. hell you made it further then my bro in school. So he signed up for the airforce. He took the test ( he studied the AVAF or something like that). he scored within the top 1% of the Airforce. he scored a 95 out of 100. He went through what he called the hardest thing in his life, but worth every second... Boot camp. and now he is finishing up tech school top of the class as a hydrolocist. He goes to a base, not to a war. a crew cheif inspects a plane, then he is called out if there is a problem with hydrolics. He gets paid a good salary since he started at E-3 and will be E-4 all with in 3 months. He tells me every time he gets a second to call me. how excited he is and how much this has done for him.

Moral of the story... No matter how bad it is it always gets better if you just buckle down and put your mind and heart into it.

Hell join the airforce (AKA the chairforce).
Old 03-21-2003
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
heh. chairforce.

yeah, not to diminish how sucky your life is...

I know how you feel, relatively, it probably kinda sucks.

but hey, you're alive! you probably have food in the fridge, and a computer to complain about your life.

whenever I start bi*thing online to my friends... I stop myself cuz I realize by doing that, I'm already better off than 85% of the world's population.

hang tight man. if you dont want to be a teacher, at least finish school and get your degree. why were u going for that? the best bet is to at least finish your education, so when everything comes crashing down, you have that to fall back on.
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

sawgunner06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Joing the ARMY Best thing I ever did in my life. I just bought a house I am getting married on the Beach on Kokomo Beach in Key West Fl, on April 5th. I joined in 1998 and got out about a year and a half ago and decided that the civilian life is not for me so I decided to go back in. I report back to my old post in GA. Fort Stewart ( Home of the 3rd Infantry Division) its by Hinesville GA thats where I just bought a brand new house just built. Its Real Nice. Check it out man I had a blast and am going back. But thats just me. I like the Military Life and when you are deployed. THE MONEY IS GREAT
Old 03-21-2003
"Stage7"

BlueBoyCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Sorry to hear the B.S. Fly...!

Daim bro...sorry to hear the shiet. I know at times it seems that life just sucks and you'd rather be gone from it all. But trust me bro......I know how it feels. Ca mon bro..it's me "Blue" the one always sad and shiet about my ex g/f. And still hurtin like a MF inside.

But bro...one thing I've learned is that when life sucks, "yes it can get worse" but in the long run it can only get better <--- If you help it, and want it enough. There is a path to take in every situation and sometimes we as people tend to take the wrong path on accident...but oh well, we can't turn back the hands of time. Look ahead, to the next day, not the last month...because last month is over.

Right now bro...I'm wanting soooooo bad to go to school for Graphic Designing...but I can't afford to pay for my living quarters (apt, house, etc) to go. I live to far from the school that I want to go, so I'm stuck living at my Moms and Pops house driving an hour and a half to work M-F. If I get two jobs, yeah I can afford my living quarters, but where would there be time for me to go to school? You know! I'm in a dilemna myself...and it sucks...but live ya life as best as you can. "You are the only one able to give yourself permission to be down!!" <--think about that bro...it's real.

Trust me bro...like I said...I luv/miss my ex and I can't have her! I wanna go to school and/or get a better job! I want to have my own place! I want to be able to take care of my daughter better (yes I'm a single father, which makes things a lil more complicated on my part). But none of this I will ever ( at least I'll try not to ) let bring my spirits down....for the fact, when I'm down and mad/sad or what not, my mind won't think right and my life will not improve...only stay shitty!!!

Keep that head up. Take it a step at a time, day by day. Do what FLY thinks is the best for yourself. We can only give you advice and opinions, but not the right thing for YOU. Analyze all of our advice and work off of that. Day by day bro...step by step...that's all you have to do.....and yes bro...the bumps in the road can be worse....trust me! Good luck on your decisions and PM me if needed.

Last edited by BlueBoyCivic; 03-21-2003 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2003

supernootz is a jewel in the roughsupernootz is a jewel in the roughsupernootz is a jewel in the rough
I agree with the guy that said join the army. If I were younger (I'm 31 now and have a family) I would definitely join the millitary. Look at what we're doing right now, we are KICKING MIDDLE EAST ***!!!!! When my kid gets older, I will certainly encourage him to serve our great country. GOD BLESS AMERICA and good luck to you in your quest.
Old 03-21-2003
Reppin' "Custom Concepts"

noname is an unknown quantity at this point
You still have the same job

working with the kids?
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to here all that, keep your head up.
Old 03-21-2003

alex053 will become famous soon enough
move to Iraq you whiney bish!!! naw..i get down all the time...im flat broke...almost to broke to drive cause i cant afford gas....but all my money goes to a new car, a house, food for my family...just try to look at the good side and think of your extended family here at 7thgencivic. I mean i have a Bachelors Degree and my sells make up...she makes more than me....i feel bad and like a faiure at times but sometimes your a victim of circumstance...keep your head up and a good attitude and youll land on your feet
Old 03-21-2003

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
Dude, if you want to become a firefighter, search for a volunteer one first. They'll allow you to go to school and they pay for it. Then when you get certified you can go to the paid department and make that as your career.

Or become a policeman. What else is better than being able to go 100+ on the highway all the time and not worry about being pulled over :-D
Old 03-21-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Uh... keep going to school. Just be a teacher. Who gives a damn if you don't like it? It PAYS WELL. And a job that pays well will make your car hobby explode. Just finish school and be a teacher for a while, even if it isn't the perfect job. Not everything is fun.
Old 03-21-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by noname
You still have the same job

working with the kids?
Yes I still work with the kids. That seems to be the only good thing that I enjoy right now.
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
whenever I'm down on life, I always tell myself to keep going. I know things will get better. That's what you need to tell yourself everyday. Hell, it's something to look forward to.
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

Ducatti is an unknown quantity at this point
My only advice would be don't leave college without a degee of some kind. In today's world you're making a lot of trouble dropping school without a degree. I don't know how easy it is but I would make sure you are equipped with a college degree if you want a solid job.
Sure, you might be able to find a decent job without that degree, but I bet it'll be a lot easier if you just go a little longer.
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help, Life sucks

Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
To become a fighter you have to be certified, to get certified you have to be a fighter.
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

HomerSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Why dont you do what you do best,a proffesional deal hunter
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

ASuave is an unknown quantity at this point
Like a couple of people already said, FINISH SCHOOL. Just having a degree will open up other possibilities as far as a job. I remember hearing that about 22% of people continue onto college after they graduate highschool, and only about half (if that) finish with a degree. So with those few classes you have left, you're already accomplishing something the vast majority of people do not. Just hang in there, have a and let things fall into place.
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

wh3nw0rdsesc4pe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by APS
Shoot yourself

lmao.... self pitty Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 03-22-2003
THE WOP

vincenzobar is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 2 examples of why a degree is everything.
1) my coworker is 38 has only a high school diploma, she is a desktop publisher. She has hit her ceiling at 38,000 a year. She has been there for 6 years going on 7.

2) I have 2 degrees for art. I got hired at 42,000 doing the same thing she does. 6 months outa college. I got an ectra 5 gs for that second degree. I year later I got reveiwed and got 45,000 2 years later i got reviewed and am now making 48,000. Plus with my knowkedge we have streamilined production and now we do graphics, CADD, webdesign, etc. all becuase of me. Becuase of my knowledge and education i had something to bring to a billion dollar company and they reward me well for it.

Can't do that or have that much respect with a high school education!

Stay for education then get your masters in whatever, later ( most companies pay for it).
Old 03-22-2003
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
The army sounds good but dont know if your into that stuff, but if your wanting to become an officer then most police depts parrallel the army. We base our organization with the army; rank, procedures etc.

injen
Old 03-22-2003
Registered!!

ngophat should not be trustedngophat should not be trustedngophat should not be trustedngophat should not be trustedngophat should not be trustedngophat should not be trustedngophat should not be trustedngophat should not be trustedngophat should not be trustedngophat should not be trusted
Old 03-22-2003
Premium Member

kempster will become famous soon enoughkempster will become famous soon enough
I feel your pain man, the same things are going on with me. Ever since meand my ex brokeup it seems like everything is falling apart. But you have to finish college, once you do that you'l be able to get a better job, and then everything will come together. Just hand in there
Old 03-23-2003
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
man i feel your pain. i am with you on the whole job and relationship deal. my and my ex (we spent close to 3 yrs with eachother) still see eachother and talk frequently but it seems like we dont have a future with all the things that have happened between us. i mean since like feb of this year our problems with eachother got worse.

as for money, i am broke. broke a as a fncking joke! man i had to bum my parents for cash (college student). i applied to some nonsense places to get some part time work but i dont think it theyll call me (gap, starbucks, etc).

in alot of ways i am happy i have my head straight with school and so on. i feel that with all the bullshit i go through with my family and people, that my education will lead me to what i want in life.

yeah man but look at the big picture, youre not the only one who has it bad man. your not alone bro. i could go on and on but you dont wanna hear it.
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

loquito is an unknown quantity at this point
COmmon dude ...live off the freebies u lead us to...jk
dude just stick w/ it...this is just a hurdle in life