My First Love ....Honda - Honda Civic Forum

Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4 Days Ago   #1
Registered!!

REXAZZ2 is an unknown quantity at this point
My First Love ....Honda

Found this pic tonight
My 01 that I had for its first 13yrs
This picture was taken not to long before I sold it
Attached Images

REXAZZ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #2
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: My First Love ....Honda

Nice! I miss my 01 sometimes.

Was that your first Honda vehicle?
GolNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #3
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
Nice! I miss my 01 sometimes.

Was that your first Honda vehicle?
yes and my first BN car
to that point it was $1K beaters
Old 4 Days Ago   #4
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

You can’t go wrong with a Honda IMO. My first was 88 Accord that my dad gave me when I got my permit.

Many people consider that Gen civic to be the end of the greats but I loved mine. Because I only buy used cars they are always Honda’s (except for a new Mazda 3 my wife had but I no longer own it). She has a Pilot, I have a Fit and I have f-150 for when I need a truck.
GolNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #5
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
You canít go wrong with a Honda IMO. My first was 88 Accord that my dad gave me when I got my permit.

Many people consider that Gen civic to be the end of the greats but I loved mine. Because I only buy used cars they are always Hondaís (except for a new Mazda 3 my wife had but I no longer own it). She has a Pilot, I have a Fit and I have f-150 for when I need a truck.
I might be a little addicted to Honda
I have a Honda lawnmower snowblower motorcycle and now car again lol
Old 23 Hours Ago   #6
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXAZZ2 View Post
I might be a little addicted to Honda
I have a Honda lawnmower snowblower motorcycle and now car again lol
Your a Loyal custumer to - Honda Nothing wrong with that...
brags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Hours Ago   #7
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brags View Post
Your a Loyal custumer to - Honda Nothing wrong with that...
I bought the "plastic" deck lawnmower
I suspect it will easily outlast 10 cheap ones
Old 20 Hours Ago   #8
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

I hear ya on the Honda loyalty. My first car was a hand-me-down Toyota Paseo. Bargained with my dad when I graduated high school to help me get a new car. Had my sights set on the 2002 Celica GTS because I loved the looks of it and it felt great when I test drove it. When time came to get me a car, I "settled" on my 2002 civic. Drove it, and it felt good, albeit underpowered compared to the Celica GTS I drove. But boy, did I fall in love with it. I was broken when I declared her dead back in October. When I got my 2018, i got so much flak from my dad about buying another Honda, saying its not at "status car" and "they dont last long." I couldn't give 2 ***** less about owning a status symbol car, and 15 year/205k on a car I messed with and beat into the ground? Yeah, that should be enough to disprove the longevity part.

My experience with my 2002 gained my brand loyalty, and I hope my 2018 hatch serves me well for at least tge next 15 years.

Theres my soapbox time. Haha.
xRiCeBoYx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Hour Ago   #9
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx View Post
I hear ya on the Honda loyalty. My first car was a hand-me-down Toyota Paseo. Bargained with my dad when I graduated high school to help me get a new car. Had my sights set on the 2002 Celica GTS because I loved the looks of it and it felt great when I test drove it. When time came to get me a car, I "settled" on my 2002 civic. Drove it, and it felt good, albeit underpowered compared to the Celica GTS I drove. But boy, did I fall in love with it. I was broken when I declared her dead back in October. When I got my 2018, i got so much flak from my dad about buying another Honda, saying its not at "status car" and "they dont last long." I couldn't give 2 ***** less about owning a status symbol car, and 15 year/205k on a car I messed with and beat into the ground? Yeah, that should be enough to disprove the longevity part.

My experience with my 2002 gained my brand loyalty, and I hope my 2018 hatch serves me well for at least tge next 15 years.

Theres my soapbox time. Haha.
I also owned a Paseo (92?)at one point LOL
Think I paid $600 for it and had to put a brakes and tires on it
Unfortunately its demise was the failure of OE manufacturer items that where worth more than the car

If your dad thought your 02 Civic should have lasted longer not sure what he thought you would have done that with

I got told my 01 Coupe was a girls car because it wasnt a domestic
I told the same guy next time he was wrenching on his domestic he might consider a girls car
When guys throw out the domestic deal I remind them where my car was built
Old 38 Minutes Ago   #10
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

A few years back, was at a stop light-left turn lane with my gf in the car. Suddenly we hear, "HEY! HEY!!!!! IN THE CIVIC!" and it seemed kinda angry. Look over, it's a dude in a lifted f-150 with some off road tires.

Roll down her window and dude goes, "hey, what kinda gas mileage you get in that thing..?"
I respond with "32mpg on a bad day, 36 if I granny it around"
"Sheeeiiittt... I'm lucky if I get 15. I've been thinking about one of those little japanese cars. How you like it, fun to drive?"
"Go drive one yourself man. I love this car. It's a freakin blast to drive."
"That's it, I'm getting me a little rice burner. Thanks buddy!"
And just like that, he drove off. It was rather entertaining.
xRiCeBoYx is online now   Reply With Quote