Show me your boomstick! - Honda Civic Forum

Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

Show me your boomstick!

Old 08-25-2017
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Show me your boomstick!

I went back and forth about making this thread, simply because it's a largely polarizing "issue," at least here in the US.

I recently took up a new hobby, and, in true Josh fashion, it's not cheap. I'm talking about guns. *pew pew*

I've had a Smith and Wesson M&P9 (full size) for about 2 years now, and here she is:

Completely OEM configuration, save for the color filled roll marks on the slide. At 25 yards, I can make a fist-sized grouping. I'm lucky enough to live in a state where I can open carry and not be restricted to a 10 round magazine. I'd get a CCW (concealed carry permit), but I'm lazy and haven't found the want to sit through an 8 hour class explaining crap I already know.

Now, I know what you're thinking.
But Josh, you said you *recently* took up a new hobby. You just said you had this pistol for 2 years now. That's not exactly *new*.

Well, you're right. My new hobby is what I'm about to reveal. I present to you my new baby, Vera (please tell me someone gets this reference...).

She's a 5.56 chambered AR15, and not one that I bought off a shelf. I did my research, and bought her piece by piece, and assembled her myself. Here are the specs on Vera.
Lower Receiver
-Aero Precision Gen 2 X-15 Lower receiver
-New Frontier Armory Lower Parts Kit
-JP Enterprises Enhanced Reliability trigger/hammer spring kit
-KNS Gen 2 Anti-Walk trigger/hammer pins
-Magpul MOE Polymer trigger guard
-Magpul MOE Pistol Grip
-Ground Zero Precision mil-spec Carbine Buffer tube
-Aero Precision Buffer and Spring
-Battle Arms Development Enhanced Pin Set
-Strike Industries Strike Switch Ambidextrous Safety
-Mission First Tactical Battlelink Stock
Upper Receiver
-Aero Precision M4E1 Complete Upper with 16" barrel and 12" M-LOK Enhanced hand guard
-Aim Surplus Titanium Nitride Bolt Carrier Group
-Strike Industries Link Curved Foregrip
-Strike Industries J-Comp V2 Compensator
-Diamondhead Polymer flip-up backup iron sights

Built her over the course of a few months, then finally got a chance to zero her in (at 25 yards). First shot was about 1.5" to the right of bullseye. On the fourth shot, hit the target dead center.

Next project is going to be an AR pistol. Already got some parts in, just waiting on the upper receiver assembly and the lower receiver

Well, enough about me, show me what you got!
Old 08-26-2017
Registered!!

DSSuperStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Show me your boomstick!

One I had in my photobucket account. P220 Elite Dark.

Old 08-26-2017
Registered!!

Family pic. Mama bear, papa bear and baby bear. M&P 2.0 with TruGlo TFX Pro sights and Gen 3 InforcecAPL, M&P compact with factory night sights and Viridian CTL and Shield with night sights from the 2.0 and Viritian RTL. All 9mm. The 2.0 and compact have MecGar +2 extensions.

Old 08-30-2017
Registered!!

Couple more, for fun.

Remington 870 with Surefire forend, Phoenix Tactical Kicklite buttstock, Trijicon ghost ring sights, Nordic magazine tube extension and Wilson Combat oversize safety.
Old 08-30-2017
Registered!!

Bushmaster AR-15. Pretty much stock, except Magpul Magazines.

Old 08-30-2017
Registered!!

robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx View Post
Well, you're right. My new hobby is what I'm about to reveal. I present to you my new baby, Vera (please tell me someone gets this reference...).
Well, I didn't get it, right off.
The first thing I did was check the cast of characters from Pulp Fiction. (I didn't know Dean Martin & Jerry Louis were in that!)

Google brought me to https://www.vera.org/about
That sounded enlightening, but I was pretty sure not your answer.

So then I tired "why name a gun vera".

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed the Firefly series!
Old 09-08-2017
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Newest addition to the family, a current work in progress. Complete lower for my upcoming pistol build.

-Billet AR15 lower receiver from Wraith Arms Resolutions, LLC (manufactured and purchased from New Frontier Armory here in Vegas), raw aluminum finish.
-Battle Arms Development Pistol Sabertube and QD endplate
-Strike Industries LPK with a pistol grip leftover from my rifle's New Frontier LPK.
-KAK Shockwave Blade pistol brace

Just awaiting the complete pistol upper (7.5" .223 Wylde barrel) from my buddy/member of this forum (though he hasn't logged on in forever. I'm looking at you James).

I'm torn of whether to keep the lower with a raw finish or rattle can it burnt bronze. The upper I'm getting is a traditional black on black (cf handguard) What do you guys think?
Old 09-10-2017
Administrator

Took a chance and sprayed the raw aluminum lower with some rattle can Krylon spray paint. More specifically, Krylon Colormaster Brushed Metallic Caramel Latte color. Ended up being quite a bit lighter than the burnt bronze I was going for, but I think it came out rather cool. Like a semi metallic flat dark earth.

I assembled the lower and attached it to my rifle upper to see what the color contrast would look like. Without further adieu, I present to you Vera's soon to be little sister [insert name here].

edit: edited out the lower's serial number

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 09-10-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx View Post
Took a chance and sprayed the raw aluminum lower with some rattle can Krylon spray paint. More specifically, Krylon Colormaster Brushed Metallic Caramel Latte color. Ended up being quite a bit lighter than the burnt bronze I was going for, but I think it came out rather cool. Like a semi metallic flat dark earth.

I assembled the lower and attached it to my rifle upper to see what the color contrast would look like. Without further adieu, I present to you Vera's soon to be little sister [insert name here].

edit: edited out the lower's serial number
Looks good. I would worry about the krylon wearing. You might want to buy a can of cerama-kote or gun-kote.
Old 09-10-2017
Registered!!

robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice

If you prize it ... Krylon-ize it!
Old 09-10-2017
Administrator

Originally Posted by DSSuperStar View Post
Looks good. I would worry about the krylon wearing. You might want to buy a can of cerama-kote or gun-kote.
I looked into it, well, cerakote and duracoat at least. Couldn't justify a $50-100 finishing on a $50 lower. If it wears out, I'll call it battle worn

Originally Posted by robfarr56 View Post
If you prize it ... Krylon-ize it!
Haha. Figured I can always strip it down if I don't like it. So far it's held up to heavy scratching at the paint border with my nails woke coated in slip 2000 ewl
Old 02-02-2018
Administrator

Finally got to put some lead down range with the pistol. Holy crap, this thing is fun as hell. Not too loud, but it does chuck fireballs. The linear comp does it's job very well, sending noise forward, and surprisingly, muzzle rise isn't a huge issue. Only time I saw an issue with muzzle rise was during a mag dump, and even then, it was manageable. Upper originally had a carbon fiber handguard, and as much as my ricer instinct wanted to keep it, the KeyMod slots weren't spaced out to standard spec and wouldn't accept anything that was made for KeyMod (damn you CobraTac for making a proprietary KeyMod system). Swapped it out for an Aero Precision quantum handguard (as you guys probably saw in post #8). Surprisingly, the aluminum handguard is lighter than the carbon fiber one.

Parts list:
-Wraith Arms (by New Frontier Armory) Billet lower (rattle can gold/bronze)
-Strike Industries LPK
-JP Enterprises 3.5T Enhanced reliability trigger spring kit
-Magpul K2 Pistol Grip
-Battle Arms Development Pistol Sabertube/Buffer kit
-KAK Blade
-KNS Anti-walk pin set
-CobraTac Upper receiver (smooth side)
-CobraTac .223 Wylde 7.5" Barrel w/ pistol gas system and linear comp
-Aero Precision quantum 9" handguard
-Knock off Troy battlesights (they work great)
-Knockoff Strike Industries LINK curved foregrip (works great, too)
-AIM Surplus TiN 5.56 BCG
-Aero Precision charging handle with Strike Industries extended latch

I only put 120 rounds down range, and I didn't have my front sight adjusting tool (using a round didn't freakin work. lol), so it shot about 6" low at 15 yards (but dead center). But man, it was a blast (no pun intended) to shoot. The spray coating held up really well so far. A few nicks here and there, but that was from storage in transit right after the Vegas shooting happened and I had it disassembled in my go bag for the week afterwards.

Old 04-23-2018
Administrator

So, I decided to change up the color scheme on the ar15 pistol. Decided to have a go at hydrodipping

Magazine was my test piece, hence the slightly different coloring and pattern (changed my dip technique after the magazine)
Old 04-23-2018
Registered!!

RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough

since i make signs, people bring me all kinda stuff to letter. instead of a boom stick, here's a boom stand. 1/4" box steel tubing with a 1/2" hardened steel plate on top. used for tannerite. apparently the 4x4 wood posts were getting annoying to replace
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	112151

i have a cute 22lr mp5 clone i picked up from my neighbor for $300. came with 3 25rd magazines and a few hundred rounds. i threw a conversion kit on it to make it more mp5 like, modified a bunch of stuff inside to make the trigger lighter, reduce FTF, increase durability, removed a couple redundant safety feature. also added HK take down pins and the genuine HK diopter. fun little plinker, cheap to shoot
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	112152

i mean to more, but apparently i like buying performance car parts more than guns

Last edited by RobertD; 04-23-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-23-2018
Administrator

Dude, that boomstand is awesome

And I know that mp5-22. Lol. Used to work at a sporting goods store and we sold those a lot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.