Current/Former Military Members? - Honda Civic Forum

Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2017   #1
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
Current/Former Military Members?

Because I'm bored, I'm making this thread.

Post up if you're current of former military! Branch, rank, years served, funny stories, whatever you want. Something something opsec something something.

Everyone else, feel free to ask questions about being in the military. If you're thinking about joining any branch, here'd prolly be a good place to ask, assuming this thread gains some momentum

I was active duty US Navy for 6 years. I served on the USS John C. Stennis (CVN74) for 4.5 years as a nuclear power plant mechanical engineer (sounds a whole lot cooler than it actually was. lol). When I got out, I was an E-5 (just shy -- time in rank-wise -- of being eligible for E-6) when I got out. My carrier was based out of western WA state, been on 2 deployments (one was spent entirely in the middle east, the other was a tour of Asia where I saw Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, and Singapore.
xRiCeBoYx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017   #2
Registered!!

buzzlightyear is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Current/Former Military Members?

I am a current Staff Sergeant (E-6) in the United States Army currently serving in Fort Sill. I have been on multiple deployments to the middle east, throughout my 6 year career in the Military, I will gladly hang my boots up next year and move on to different things in life!!!! such as spending more time with my car lol
buzzlightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017   #3
Grey hair

CharlieDee is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in the Air Force from 81-85 stationed at Luke AFB in Arizona. Did a lot of TDY assignments in Europe and Korea, I was an F16 flightline mechanic and traveled a lot to teach the latest maintenance techniques to other squadrons. I was involved in a pretty bad accident the last year of my hitch, I now carry a 70% disability through the VA.
CharlieDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017   #4
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

Damn, 70%? I get 20% because I broke my arm and the stellar (/s) Navy medical didn't set it right. I have a slight misalignment in my olecranon process (elbow joint) and tinnitus because of power plant noise

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 05-26-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Forgot words
xRiCeBoYx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017   #5
Grey hair

CharlieDee is an unknown quantity at this point

It has been upped over the years. 2 shattered shins, 4 broken ribs, broken left arm, cracked neck and 3rd degree burns with skin grafts all over my right shin.
CharlieDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Registered!!

rockyrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Nearly 22 years of total service in the Navy, currently a Master Chief E-9. Of the 22, 14 are active and the rest reserve. Ships, Squadrons, Joint, Staff, Seabees, etc. been there, done that.

I was stationed in Oman during 9/11. We were isolated and only had a dial-up modem to connect us to the world. It took us hours to get the whole story of what happened that morning but were flying tactical missions into nearby counties that same night.
rockyrock is offline   Reply With Quote