Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

Official Vape Thread

Old 08-22-2015
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Official Vape Thread

Because I'm awake, and bored, and talking to Tom (BlueEM2) about vaping, just wanted to see if anyone else did. Also, the OT forum has been far too inactive. I miss when OT was stupidly active.

I figure we could use this thread for people looking for new flavors, new setups, or for those who want to get away from traditional cigarettes but find stepping into a vape shop too intimidating. Flavor chasers and cloud chuckers alike are welcome. Also, if you feel like sharing stories, go right on ahead.

I'm gonna preface this with saying that I know that vaping is not 100% safe, but it is 95% safer than traditional cigarettes (my source).

***Disclaimer***
I do not represent civicforums.com, so anything said here is an opinion of my own or the users posting in this thread.
However, I do not condone vaping or vaporizing devices by minors or for the use of illegal substances. That said, let's keep this thread to discussion about legal use only. To keep it that way, any discussion that does not deal with vaping nicotine or nicotine free e-juices will be deleted by yours truly or other members of the moderation staff. If discussion gets far too out of hand, I'm just gonna delete the thread.

Don't be "that guy" that ruins it for the rest of us.
Enough of the CYA talk (if you don't know what it means, google it).

Here's the evolution of my setups

First up, what started it all. An ego c-twist with a Kanger eVod tank (pictured far left). I hadn't smoked for quite some time, except when I was drinking. Same thing happened that actually got me actually smoking way back when, and the added stress of hard classes piling up drove me to it. Also, trying to get my gf and other roommate at the time to quit helped me find vaping, as well. I initially stuck with it because, hell, it tasted good, got my gf to switch to electronic from analog, and I read a study where low dose nicotine actually helped short term memory. Hard biology classes? I figured I could use all the help I could get. lol

My next setup (not pictured because I donated it to a friend) was an Innokin iTaste SVD and a Kanger ProTank 2. More clouds, better flavor, more control. I liked it.

After that, I wanted clouds. I liked doing tricks with the vapor, so I stepped my game up. Turtle Ship V2 mechanical mod with a Mutation X V2 RDA (center). Man, that thing chucked clouds. However, I recently broke the firing switch on it and I got sick of re-dripping every 5 hits. I needed a change. I also kinda saved it from the grave by epoxying the broken pieces back together. It's not perfect, but it's still fully functional. On the mutation, I got a chuff cap for it, but didn't like how it lacked a mouthpiece.. at all.. So I made one. I can post up pics if anyone cares. Basically used a 1/2" ID plastic tube connector, cut it down, carved o-ring grooves, and made nice angled sides using sugru. I also took an aluminum spacer, carved o-ring grooves in that, and used it as an insert, in case I wanted a little bit less air flow. Worked like a bloody charm.

My current setup (far right) is a Kanger SubTank Mini (black glass and o-rings for the blackout look) on an Innokin Disrupter. Uses a new battery, supposedly lasts longer than the traditional 18650 batteries like my Turtle Ship used. Still getting used to the decreased airflow (when compared to the airy mutation RDA), saving juice, but still chucking clouds enough to make me happy. I can still blow all the rings and make tabletop tornadoes that I desire.

So, let's see if this thread takes off or dies slowly. Lol.

I know you're still out there Tom, Kenny, and James.
Old 08-22-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Vape Thread

Mixed feelings here.
Ex smoker now 3.5 years or so at this point, many people probably remember the full year of me being a jackass after I quit all nicotine.
I used e-cigs to quit regular cigarettes.
Never vaped clouds though...

FRESH cigarette smoke still smells great to me, makes me want to smoke again.

I got 3 or 4 vape heads around me at work, I start smelling Strawberry Quik or Cap'n Crunch and I know one of them is on the vape.
Makes me hungry LOL

A guy I know does Lego case mods for his vape things

My kid just got kicked out of Six Flags and banned for a year over vaping ----in his defense, the kid can be an idiot, getting ejected was all his own fault.
Old 08-22-2015
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Lego case mods. That's kinda awesome. And your kid getting banned from Six Flags..? What he do? I'm not the type to do it indoors unless someone tells me I can, nor am I the type to do it in posted no smoking zones.

One thing I invariably get when I'm on my go-to juice is, "damn dude, that smells damn good..."
Old 08-22-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx View Post
And your kid getting banned from Six Flags..? What he do?
Vaping clouds in the wrong area. And being an idiot.

When the nice security officer politely requested he remove himself to any of the many designated smoking areas, my kid apparently decided rules still don't apply to himself and proceeded to raise hell and made the officer engage in a foot chase around half of the park.

Better yet, his 2 boys and wife were with him, they were with my GFs daughter and her family, and his actions could have gotten every last one of them thrown out of the park.
I'm real surprised he didn't go on the Six Flags Jail ride.

Then he made facebook posts about getting kicked out of the park, how he's superior in his own little mind, and about making a fat rentacop run laps, and more.

The GFs daughter and her family went ahead and kept the boys and took them on rides and whatnot until the end of the day.

GFs daughter knows well that he can be an idiot. They went to school together, and it's a long story and all that.

I sometimes wonder if his kids (ages 10 and 11) know what embarrassment is.
Old 08-22-2015
Administrator

Originally Posted by ezone View Post
When the nice security officer politely requested he remove himself to any of the many designated smoking areas, my kid apparently decided rules still don't apply to himself and proceeded to raise hell and made the officer engage in a foot chase around half of the park.
Old 08-22-2015

He is his mothers' child.

There's a little glimpse into my life for ya LOL
Old 08-24-2015

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Also, the OT forum has been far too inactive. I miss when OT was stupidly active.
word, me too.

Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Mixed feelings here.
Ex smoker now 3.5 years or so at this point, many people probably remember the full year of me being a jackass after I quit all nicotine.
Ex smoker for 2.5 years now after many many years of smoking. I exercise/workout 6 days a week now and would never ever think about picking up a cigarette/nicotine again. When I quit I just hoped I wasn't too late. A few months ago I finally got the courage to get fully checked out and it seems I have a clean bill of health these days... such a relief.
Old 08-28-2015
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

There are a few guys I work with that vape. I don't understand unless you are using it help with quitting cigarettes.
Old 08-28-2015

Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
I don't understand
All the cool kids are doing it!

I see all sorts of kids doing it too. It's the new cool, just like smoking *cigarettes* was the cool thing to do back when I was in high school.
Old 08-29-2015
Administrator

Not gonna lie, it mostly keeps me from stuffing my face when I'm bored. Also, when I'm at a bar, keeps me from wanting to bum a cig from a friend.

I also line the tinkering aspect of it. Making coils, I made a custom "drip tip" on one of my old pieces.

Furthermore, me vaping has gotten other friends of mine to quit traditional cigarettes. Must of the time, they're rather intimidated about switching, but my association with it helps break the proverbial ice
Old 01-22-2016
Registered!!

MassCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I'd share my experience so far.

Haven't smoked a cigarette since I started vaping 2 weeks ago. Smoked about a pack a day for ~7 years. I'm loving everything about vaping and not smoking cigarettes, it feels great!

Currently using a cheap starter, have a Kanger Subox Nano coming in on Monday. Been vaping Suicide Bunny Mothers Milk and Sucker Punch and loving it, super tasty! Definitely open to suggestions for new flavors though!

Currently using 18mg nic and planning on gradually stepping it down eventually, but at this point I'm thrilled just to not be smoking!
Old 01-23-2016
Administrator

Hit up blueem2. Thanks to me and kenny, he started vaping and just started up his own ejuice company. He sent me some, and i must say, he done good.

Here's his website: http://midnightfog.ca
Old 01-23-2016
Registered!!

Hit up blueem2. Thanks to me and kenny, he started vaping and just started up his own ejuice company. He sent me some, and i must say, he done good.

Here's his website: http://midnightfog.ca
Awesome! I will definitely give it a try!
Old 03-10-2016
Registered!!

2 months without cigarettes!

Feels great!