Post your 'I'm sick of winter photos' - Honda Civic Forum

Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2011   #1  
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
Post your 'I'm sick of winter photos'

This is what I woke up to this morning. The Civic is overnight snowfall and my truck is about 4 Days of snowfall. To give you an idea the wipers are up on the truck and you can just see the tip of the one poking out of the snow. The highway is the major highway in my neck of the woods.

Days like this I really miss my truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Great White North - Truck 1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	80054   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Great White North - Civic 1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	80055   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Great White North - Car and Truck.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	80056   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Great White North - Highway 1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	80057   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Great White North - Highway 2.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	80058  

Stock 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #2  
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
Re: Post your 'I'm sick of winter photos'

..I got nothin..

Here, I was about to bitch about it being 35F at night here in Vegas.. haha
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #3  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol we supposed to be getting snow again this week and next. we only had few bad storms where we got 1-2 ft.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #4  
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Approaching white out conditions last night, but I made it through roads that 4x4 trucks were getting stuck on. I absolutely love winter!
Name:  IMG00191-20110112-0056.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  48.2 KB
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #5  
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Already shoveled the driveway once today and cleaned the cars off too... and this is what I woke up to after working my night shift:

Name:  SAM_0265.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  97.3 KB
BlueEM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #6  
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

here's all I got.. hahaha..
Name:  aaf01a90.jpg
Size:  61.0 KB
Name:  06c79457.jpg
Size:  81.3 KB
Old 01-12-2011   #7  
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahaha
BlueEM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #8  
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Your missin out Josh!

I'm having a blast playing rally driver lol
Old 01-12-2011   #9  
Administrator

I had my fair share when I was stationed in upstate NY.. lol.. Plus, we got snow 30-45 minutes away, so I'm good.. haha
Old 01-12-2011   #10  
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

not much here in quebec yet. just small flakes.
december was worse
Name:  DSC08585.jpg
Size:  98.0 KB
sdaidoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #11  
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Name:  vic1.jpg
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  outside.jpg
Size:  19.5 KB
Name:  avalon.jpg
Size:  20.5 KB
My mom got a ride into work from somebody in a truck. Man that sounds suspect. That's why her car is completely covered.
MelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #12  

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm just about ready to loose it with the weather.

2 feet of snow in 48 hours.

4 feet of snow in 7 days

and if you believe the weather network about 50mm of rain in the next 72 hours.

I just drove home in the pouring freezing rain if you can believe that.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Great White North - Inside the Civic.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	80064   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Great White North - Truck 2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	80065   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Great White North - Truck 3.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	80066  
Old 01-13-2011   #13  
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

there was this guy who posted his car in washington in 09? or was it 2010?
Name:  Untitled-1copy.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  40.8 KB
this was impressive...
Old 01-13-2011   #14  

^^ yeah I saw that one when I first started lurking around here. If this rain comes down as snow that's what my truck will look like.
Old 01-13-2011   #15  
Super Moderator

g'lucky!
Quebec is still over the ground! Saturday seems we'll have some snow, let's see if i can still keep the nose above the snow to be able to breath some
Old 01-14-2011   #16  
Registered!!

kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about

Took it on December. It was an icy highway.
kbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011   #17  
Administrator

man, I'm so sick of winter already
Name:  d0ac1388.jpg
Size:  60.9 KB

It's supposed to hit 71 today

sorry, couldn't help it
Old 01-17-2011   #18  
Super Moderator

mon dieu!
It was -8F this morning...
The car almost did not start...
Old 01-17-2011   #19  
Administrator

hahaha geez.. Only time I've even lived in negative temperature was when I was in Navy boot camp from November 03-January 04

I just looked up the lat/long on that screen shot and it's most definitely off by 5 miles.. So I rechecked the app and let it zero in on me for a minute or 2... Thing is saying I'm in the next room x_X
Old 01-17-2011   #20  
Super Moderator

Oh, yeah!
I coasted for like 20 sec, at 50 mph, and the water temp and oil temp dropped...
Wow!
engine oil never got above 150F... normally it goes 200 to 220F...
Old 01-17-2011   #21  
Administrator

Clear skies, 72, very slight breeze.. Man, winter sucks

haha.. alright, I'm done being an ******* </troll>
Old 01-17-2011   #22  
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just recently moved from Phoenix, AZ to Cincinnati, OH. This is my first winter back in five years. I was surprised to see that you guys only have pictures of snow on your cars, cause mine has taken a BEATING since moving back:

-cracked the bottom right side of the front bumper and dented the back bumper, right rear quarter, and right door (slid off the road into a goddamn ditch)
-long dent/scrape in the left rear quarter (don't know how the hell this one happened, i think someone hit me while i was parked)
-cracked my back bumper, right on the corner by the back taillight (luckily didn't crack the light housing, also happened while i was parked).

All of these things happened on nights when it snowed a lot too so I didn't notice them until days later. F*&K the winter, I'm moving to Florida ASAP... My car was SPOTLESS is AZ and now it's an everyday beater civic. I'm so pissed...
CoupedUp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011   #23  
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

^That sucks dude, but most of that sounds relatively avoidable and not like it was winters fault.

I love snow. I want more snow. Everyday the weather network forecasts 20-30cm of snow and it comes down as rain. If those bastards keep toying with me I WILL SNAP!!!! Every morning I get up expecting snow and instead there's puddles!! I'm on my last nerves here..

If you see on the news that a crazy man drove a civic into a weather network building, shout out to civicforums from my padded cell.
Old 01-18-2011   #24  
Super Moderator

^LOL!
I had only one loss due to snow. My rear bumper had a not so big crack, but i did move forward without taking all snow out around once, and the rear bumper got caught in the snow and craack... it's now double the size... luckly it's to the side, so no issues with hitting stuff, maybe lower resistance.
Old 01-18-2011   #25  
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

dude it was kinda warm today... like 80. i had to blast the AC while driving to school. aiiiya.
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011   #26  
Super Moderator

hate southern guys for some reason...

Old 01-18-2011   #27  
Registered!!

CoupedUp04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
^That sucks dude, but most of that sounds relatively avoidable and not like it was winters fault.
totally true... the front crack and side scrape were my dumbass fault. I was used to the grid road pattern in AZ and was hauling *** around corners with bad tires...

Live and learn...

But being parked and getting hit sucks *****...
CoupedUp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011   #28  
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Man......
My snow covered everything....

oh wait....it was on the opposite side of the ground :X
Name:  DSCF1410.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  149.0 KB
Name:  DSCF1412.jpg
Size:  287.7 KB

Last edited by Kennykid2002; 01-19-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Kennykid2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011   #29  
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

this is going to turn into a "share your beautiful weather to **** the snow guys off" thread. lol
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011   #30  
Super Moderator

I hate all of you guys!

Tags
2009, civics, code, honda, html, im, image, images, photo, photos, pics, picture, pictures, sick, sickof, snow, winter