Post your 'I'm sick of winter photos' - Page 4 - Honda Civic Forum

Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

Post your 'I'm sick of winter photos'

Old 01-21-2012
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Post your 'I'm sick of winter photos'

WHAT'S UP DOMO?Dude Kenny I swear,my attention goes straight to domo if he's in one of your pics.
Old 01-21-2012
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 View Post
Time to get a car cover stock 99?

Darn winter...XD
LOL, I'd like to build a garage there but there's complicated issues with that. I dunno car covers seem like a pain in the *** to me.

I was thinking of it as my new anti theft device today. Stealth snow bank mode.
Old 01-21-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

For real, not only would the car cover be frozen to the car, but it would take more time taking it on an off than just brushing the snow off.
Old 01-21-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Meh, to me a quality car cover would be better
Not the tarp ones, the ones with fabric inside.

The ice scratches and oxidizes your paint.
Just personal opinion
Old 01-21-2012

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

I had a car cover once.Someone slashed it.I'd build a garage.You can keep other shiz in there too.
Old 01-21-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002 View Post
Meh, to me a quality car cover would be better
Not the tarp ones, the ones with fabric inside.

The ice scratches and oxidizes your paint.
Just personal opinion
lmao..

Every time you drive the car is covered with ice, sand and salt from the roads. If you're concerned about protecting a car in Canada you buy a winter beater, because all other efforts are pointlessly ineffective.
Old 01-21-2012

Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by VTEC-4.0 View Post
I had a car cover once.Someone slashed it.I'd build a garage.You can keep other shiz in there too.

Yeah, I'd love to never ever ever had a garage where ever I've lived. Working on your car in the elements blows. Catch is highways is set to take my land and pave over it very soon.

Old 01-21-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Here's what happens when Richmond gets two centimeters of snow..

Name:  403710_10150487675541016_505551015_9209776_1131665476_n.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  100.1 KB
Old 01-21-2012

working on car,starts raining.no biggie,close garage door
Old 01-21-2012

@ Austin if cars had feelings,I could imagine the Mercedes spazzing out "He's touching me....he's touching me...DEAR GOD GET IT OFF"
Old 01-21-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

On my way to the gym this morning, roads are pretty good.

Name:  IMG00732-20120119-2119.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  24.1 KB
Old 01-21-2012

Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Here's what happens when Richmond gets two centimeters of snow..

OMFG that's funny, lady driven!
Old 01-21-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by VTEC-4.0 View Post
@ Austin if cars had feelings,I could imagine the Mercedes spazzing out "He's touching me....he's touching me...DEAR GOD GET IT OFF"
because xc70
Old 01-21-2012

Fire truck be like "HEY CALM THE EFF DOWN.LEMME DO MY JOB"
Old 01-21-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

One of the girls I have on my facebook posted that she went to wash her car, but the water lines froze at the car wash and now she's driving around with a car covered in foamy frozen soap.

I wish she posted a picture lol
Old 01-21-2012

Just gotta drive around a little.Let the wind blow it onto the car next to you.
Old 01-22-2012
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Car cover, yup, that's definitely a suggestion from someone who lives in Cali.
^ yup...
imagine trying to get the cover out in the middle of a freezing day, and the car is under a feet of snow...
Old 01-22-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

-le shrug-

Better than ice on my car
Old 01-22-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Sticking to an idea that makes no sense...

If you drive in Canada during winter, the car will be covered in ice. Unless you plan on cutting holes in the car cover for windows and driving around town with it on it's a completely ineffective and illogical idea to try and baby a car when it's parked.
Old 01-22-2012
Kenny the Ricer

and hence why i don't live in canada :P
Old 01-22-2012
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

yeah, it was not fun...
Originally Posted by sdaidoji View Post
there was this guy who posted his car in washington in 09? or was it 2010?

this was impressive...
Old 01-22-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

snow fort ?? people in my state drive around like that with just the windows slightly cleared.
Old 01-22-2012

Unless you plan on cutting holes in the car cover for windows and driving around town with it on.

Should we start a new trend? Imagine what that would do to brand recognition. Also you could sketch like a Porsche on the outside.
Old 01-22-2012

This is Mt Washington (Vancouver Island) last Christmas. Probably the most ridiculous snowfall area in Canada. This storm dumped 2.5 meters in 7 days. Roughly 8 or 9 feet or snow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mount-washingto_1094962cl-8.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	82413   Click image for larger version

Name:	mtwash2010.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	82414   Click image for larger version

Name:	DeepsnowinCanada.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	82415  
Old 01-22-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by Stock 99 View Post
This is Mt Washington (Vancouver Island) last Christmas. Probably the most ridiculous snowfall area in Canada. This storm dumped 2.5 meters in 7 days. Roughly 8 or 9 feet or snow.
I love Mt Washington.

I think, I've read that it receives the highest annual snowfall in Canada. Pretty crazy considering the North Pole is in Canada and Mt. Washington is relatively far south.
Old 01-22-2012

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. The arctic gets surprisingly little snow because it's too cold. Vancouver Island/Whistler are in the perfect mix zone of +/- 0 C temps and butt loads of moisture coming off the ocean. I worked on ski resorts for a # of years and Mt Washington consistently posts unbelievable base #'s. #'s aren't everything though. Interior ski hills have waaaay better quality snow. (See, I didn't always hate winter )
Old 01-23-2012

See, Method! LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	method.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	82416  
Old 01-23-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I agree, Mount Washington is a perfect storm of conditions to accumulate massive snow fall, the same applies to Mount Baker. The quality of snow at Sun Peaks, Whistler is definitely better though.

Name:  TallSnowWallsWSDOT.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  67.7 KB
Old 01-23-2012

Yeah, Baker is legendary as well. I wish I would have taken more pics of 1999/2000 at Whitewater. I had a season pass there that year and it was a 25 year record snowfall. They closed with 565cm, no time for picture taking too busy riding.

I did 5 seasons at Big White (about 400 days riding) and have ridden all the interior mountains about a dozen times each. Favs are Sun Peaks, Red, WH2O, Fernie. Silver Star blows, skiers mountain.
Old 01-23-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Silver Star is definitely a skiers mountain. I lived in Kelowna for a year and spent 8-10 days boarding at SS, mostly impromptu trips after class or crawling out of bed at 2pm after a night of drinking. The planned trips were almost always at Sun Peaks, worth the extra 2 hours in the car each way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.