What's your beer(s) of choice? - Page 11 - Honda Civic Forum

Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

What's your beer(s) of choice?

Old 09-13-2017
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: What's your beer(s) of choice?

I have been enjoying these and the Root Beer. Once I finish the 6 pack in a week or so I'll be good for a while. I would like to try the Dew flavor too.

Old 09-13-2017
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

their ginger ale is dangerous, too
Old 10-07-2017
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a big Beer drinker out there Like most, but my 1st beer of choice to drink

while I have a Juicy steak at the table would be a tall 710 ml bottle

of "Hollands Heineken" 2nd choice would be a bottle of "Germany's Becks"

cheers
Old 11-09-2017
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

So, it's been over a year since my last installment of "What's Josh Drinking?"

It's been... well, quite the year. Was a fan of a few months of it, but that's really it. Anyways, I digress.

Today, I'm trying a beer that, quite frankly, I'm still kinda scared to take the first sip. Also kinda excited. Today's brew is....

That's right. Sriracha beer, from none other than the one and only Rogue Ales out of Oregon. This hot stout rings in at 5.7%ABV a pours a dark brown with little head.

It definitely smells like a stout, with its roasted semi-sweet chocolate scent. Nothing seems fishy about this beer. Much like every other stout (except for that sneaky af Stone golden stout), it pours dark and opaque. I guess it's time to take the first sip of this bad boy.
This thing tastes roasted as hell. Like.. roasted is all I taste. Not bad, but nothing noteworthy, either. No taste of sriracha on the fore-taste. Maybe a slight hint, but you have to be looking for it. After letting that sip dissipate, there it is. Back of the throat spice that is all too familiar from my many pho restaurant visits. This beer would be better if it were a bit less on the roasted side, and a bit more on the sweeter end, but that's my own opinion. To be completely honest, I bought it for the bottle. This would definitely go good with some pizza though.

Josh's score: 6.5/10, but I will give them an 8 for effort and creativity.
Old 04-14-2018
Administrator

Hi kids! Its been too long since uncle Josh's last installment of "What's Josh Drinking?"

Today, I present to you a beer from that brewing company we all know and love for their holy **** "bite you in the ***" beers. Thats right, this one is coming to you from the one and only Stone Brewing Company.

Today we have an IPA from them. Surpise, sir-f'in-prise.

Wtf? This bish is in a can? Yep, thats right. Not a bottle this time around. This is Stone's Tangerine Express IPA, breaed with tangerine and pineapple. Now, I'm of Filipino descent, with roots in Hawai'i. I'm an island boy at heart. You tell me something has pineapple, and I'm all over it like stink on a monkey. But I digress.. This bad boy boasts a 6.7ABV, not super high, but notably higher than most beers Americans like (typically in the 4.x range).

I never poured this bad boy into a glass, so I can't note on the look. Smell, it smelled like an every day IPA. Nothing special, but the typical floral notes of an IPA. Drinking this thing, it most definitely vibed with every other IPA I've had: strong initial bit, floral overtones on the aftertaste. very slight hint of orange (tangerine), but I had to look for it. Pineapple? I think these f'ers lied to me. The mouthfeel was a bit thicker than most, but not like a stout's thickness. Think a hair thicker than, say. Heineken. I muat say, though, this beer does leave a good aftertaste, and thats the only time I get a hint of pineapple.

Overall, I'd give this a 7/10. Pair it with a good steak, snd youre golden

See you next time on "what's josh drinking"!