Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

WTF IS THIS!? *Gross*

Old 06-05-2005
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Question WTF IS THIS!? *Gross*

*This is gross*

I work as a mechanic, so i'm on my feet ALL day long. Suddenly starting 2 days ago my big toe on my right foot started peeling on the palm of my foot

Keep in mind i take very good care of my body so this isn't anything like a hygenic problem!

Here's a pic:

This is the first time this has ever happened, and the only thing i can think of is........maybe it's just from being on my feet so much lately. They're working me to the bone literally as you can see.

WTF do you think it is!?
Old 06-05-2005
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
oh and it's not just peeling like you would say when you get sun burnt, but it's peeling THICK and HARD skin

calicies? (SP?)
Old 06-05-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i have no idea...are your feet gettin' all sweaty and stank? do you wear shoes with ventilation? or boots?
Old 06-05-2005
Registered!!

909 will become famous soon enough
maybe its a fungus
Old 06-05-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by EternalBlue_Vic
oh and it's not just peeling like you would say when you get sun burnt, but it's peeling THICK and HARD skin

calicies? (SP?)
it looks like youre peeling it ,i think youve got dry skin on the bottom of your feet and it just started to brake off to regenerate
Old 06-05-2005
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by 02boostlessCIV
it looks like youre peeling it ,i think youve got dry skin on the bottom of your feet and it just started to brake off to regenerate
well yeah, i admit i'm picking at it
Old 06-05-2005
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by 909
maybe its a fungus
if it was a fungus it would be obvious
Old 06-05-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
so now you have a real big problem cuz your girl cannot suck on your feet
Old 06-05-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
When I'm on my feet for a long time, I sometimes get that, but never on my big toe. How many hours do you work and what kind of shoes are you wearing?
Old 06-05-2005
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by SkipBarber
i have no idea...are your feet gettin' all sweaty and stank? do you wear shoes with ventilation? or boots?
i wear non-skid steel toed work boots but i haven't noticed my feet getting sweaty, and no my socks don't stink after a day's work, so i dunno what to tell ya there
Old 06-05-2005
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
i used to get that all the time doing 12+ hour days in military issue boots.. your feet get used to it after a while..
Old 06-05-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
yea my feet do that some too. Its just dry skin coupled with being on yoru feet all day. once the callouses get to a certain point they peel off as new skin grows underneath them. Just dont peel it to the point where you take off live skin still, or that will get infected and it hurts like a bitch.
Old 06-05-2005
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by 02boostlessCIV
so now you have a real big problem cuz your girl cannot suck on your feet
why the heck would you want your girl sucking on your toe when she could be......yeah, you get the picture
Old 06-05-2005
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by white2K2EX
How many hours do you work and what kind of shoes are you wearing?
I work Monday-Friday 8am to 6pm, then saturdays from 8am to 4pm

So that's five 10 hours days each with a half-hour lunch and one 8 hour with a half hour lunch....so that's roughly 55hrs a week with an occasional day off here or there
Old 06-05-2005
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by Ashhole
Just dont peel it to the point where you take off live skin still, or that will get infected and it hurts like a bitch.
Thanx for the advice!!
Old 06-05-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
That's quite a few hours walking in boots that probably aren't exactly luxury loafers and you're walking on a hard surface. What's happening to your feet is just the wear and tear of your job. Eventually, the peeling will stop and your feet will just be kind of hard. But look at the bright side... on your days off, you'll be able to walk on hot coals

I've been doing landscaping and mowing for years and my feet are already like that. (I'm only 19, by the way.)
Old 06-05-2005
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
wear better socks, and powder your feet

also might consider gettin some Dr. Scholls
Old 06-05-2005
Boosting Daily

Originally Posted by white2K2EX
That's quite a few hours walking in boots that probably aren't exactly luxury loafers and you're walking on a hard surface. What's happening to your feet is just the wear and tear of your job. Eventually, the peeling will stop and your feet will just be kind of hard. But look at the bright side... on your days off, you'll be able to walk on hot coals

I've been doing landscaping and mowing for years and my feet are already like that. (I'm only 19, by the way.)
i'm only 19 too. Hot coals on my days off, haha, i don't even have the energy to get out of bed on my days off.
Old 06-05-2005
Registered!!

BiGDoG is on a distinguished road
Ur Shedding :-x
Old 06-05-2005
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got that **** too! put some mosturizer (sp?) at night and then put socks on. Everynight for a week and its gone
Old 06-05-2005
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
I bet that's fun to pick at. Does it hurt? It's probably just a callous peeling off. Are your shoes comfortable?
Old 06-05-2005
Boosting Daily

/\/\ Na, it dosen't hurt.

Hmm, my shoes......i use Dr. Sholls work pads, so i guess they're as best as they can be
Old 06-06-2005
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
`._.`._.
Old 06-06-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EternalBlue_Vic

calicies? (SP?)

yeah, well kinda. you're feet are really caloused. you're skin is just peeling off, as you normally lose dead skin all the time. calouses are just thicker layers of dead skin, and it's just coming off. don't worry, you'll be fine.
Old 06-06-2005
Registered!!

marty18 is an unknown quantity at this point
As everyone has already said... It's nothing to worry about really. I've gotten that sometimes as well. No need to panic.

P.S. You're thread title made me think it was something WAY worse than that...
Old 06-06-2005
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IronFist
`._.`._.
lol, wtf?
Old 06-06-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i used to get that ****, but then it stopped. hows the scion btw?
Old 06-06-2005
Boosting Daily

/\/\ good

Old 06-06-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
lookin good. what all have you done to it besides tint, rims, and drop (i think)?
Old 06-06-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
yea man you're feet are getting too hot in your boots so they sweat a bit and the moisture cant escape.

it's no big deal, just wash your feet every day so bacteria doesnt build up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTF IS THIS!? *Gross*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.