Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

why.....asian+american=no...

Old 02-11-2004
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess so because i dont see many.
Old 02-11-2004
Registered!!

kalm823 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 02-11-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
parents expect to maintain the purity of the blood... altho lots are getting more and more open minded about it
Old 02-11-2004
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
I get a lot of asian girls so It must be where you are from, or something.
Old 02-11-2004
Freedom costs a Buck o'Five

88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute88AccordDX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Connie
I get a lot of asian girls so It must be where you are from, or something.
You're also a true pimp dude!

How's that calendar I gave you?
Old 02-11-2004
Registered!!

rapidImovement is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by LilCivicGirlie

I'm as asian as it gets
Don't get me wrong, you're very beautiful, but that's the tackiest lookin' dress I've ever seen.
Old 02-11-2004
Registered!!

rapidImovement is an unknown quantity at this point
My ex for 3 1/2 years is asian. I used to exclusively date asian girls until I broke up with her. It doesn't really matter to me now, though my curent g/f is half irish/mexican and what a great combo -alcohalism in both nationalities.

My experience = Asian girls = High maintenance.

But what do I know, I just happen to live in one of the most asian populated areas in the country...
Old 02-12-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally posted by Handsonme
Are you sure that the the reason they give you why they choose not to date you is really true? (That it's because you're white?)
Perhaps they don't want to date you, because it's YOU.
Or they don't like you for other reasons, besides the fact that you're white? I am sure there are ones out there that prefer asian men only, but there are tons out there that will date interracially.
There are studies on it that show nowadays, asian females date out of their race at high percentages. I don't have the numbers on it to back it up right now, but it's true. I just took a class all about asian relationships on it last quarter.
Also, I'm an asian female, and I don't discriminate. I'm an equal opportunity employer when it comes to race. So what you said about "all asian girls" is not true.
It looks like everyone here is playing the race card. Also, posting ignorant beliefs isn't really going to help you get anywhere. I just skimmed through this thread and read all kinds of things "small *****," "stupid asian girls," and so on.
It's an ecological fallacy to base your beliefs about a whole population (ie all asian females or all latinas or all blah blahs) on the individuals that you've met.
WOW!! Best answer so far lol....I think its also because the area you live in. There arent too many asians over there in Florida?? But yeah over here theres tons of asians and I see a lot of asian women dating white ppl cuz they're tired of dating the typical asian guy that their parents want to marry. Also when i goto friendster I see a lot of asian women lookin for white men. Maybe you can find luck there?
Old 02-12-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by dru106
WOW!! Best answer so far lol....I think its also because the area you live in. There arent too many asians over there in Florida?? But yeah over here theres tons of asians and I see a lot of asian women dating white ppl cuz they're tired of dating the typical asian guy that their parents want to marry. Also when i goto friendster I see a lot of asian women lookin for white men. Maybe you can find luck there?

friendster = no friends

haha

jk

i wouldn't mind dating a asian girl, im mexican... from what i hear, their high cost... and are never satisfied
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Cat
Staying with the same "type" of people is boring!
i know your not a guy, but this is the type of western thinking that some NOT ALL asian girls are afraid of. Some are still very traditional and would like to stay with one person for the rest of her life without having the horror of being afraid that her partner was getting "bored". you know 5000 years of tradition is hard to just "go away".
Old 03-31-2004
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
things are a bit more conservative there.

but just depends on how they're brought up. or their influences in life. (ie: parents)

I duno its weird to read this thread, cuz we got people having all these opinions on how asian girls think.. when they're pretty much just like every other girls. you got ones that are conservative, and you got some that aren't.

but I suppose in terms of asian girls in the US, theres probably more proportionally conservative ones than other ethnic backgrounds.
Old 03-31-2004
AB
Registered!!

AB is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CapYoda
but I suppose in terms of asian girls in the US, theres probably more proportionally conservative ones than other ethnic backgrounds.
I disagree, in order to make an accurate statement of "asian" girls in the US. You have to define what you think an "asian" girl is. There's Asian-american (which I think most people on this site refer about) and there's the TRUE asians straight from another country, having been in the US for a short time.

it's usually the ABA (american born asian) chicks that are more open to other races because they've lost their cultural identity. Hence, they are referred to as Eggs. They're the ones making all the white boys drool with all their make-up and tight clothing.

The FoB (fresh off boat) asians are all conservative come from strict family who are pressured to not only within dating asians but dating within their ethnicity (chinese, korean, etc). They usually never wear makeup and dress more conservative.

I personally prefer FoB asian girls that are non-plastered (no makeup)

Many asian guys now go for the FoB girls because they usually can't get the ABA chicks.

Pardon the stereotypes

Last edited by AB; 03-31-2004 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-31-2004
The wheel is turning...but the hamster is dead
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to allShoelessEX is a name known to all
my friend is getting married to an asian girl...it took her family a while to warm up to him, but once they got the point that she loved him and he loved her, and he treats her like a queen, they're cool with it now
Old 03-31-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Originally posted by AB
Many asian guys now go for the FoB girls because they usually can't get the ABA chicks.
I guess I lucked out then...asian guy, non-fob (CBA=Canadian-Born-Asian?) asian girlfriend. But I have to say, asian girls are SOOOOO high maintenance.

AsianAvenue.com is a hilarious reference for this kinda stuff....
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
Re: why.....asian+american=no...

Originally posted by rijowysock
idk man i love asian women but all that i meet and try to get close w/ say they have to be w/ asian men....idk im polish (grandparents from poland) and i dotn only go for polish women... wy do these hottt asian girls only want asian men? i know a crapload of 7thgeners are asain so answer me why...?

riley wysocki
I don't know man, probably in your area is different. In my area there a a lot of asian girls with whites/blacks/Hispanics, you name it. But mostly asaian/asian. But still, a lot.
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

astropunk is an unknown quantity at this point
didn't read the rest of the forum. but where i live, that is so not true.. most of the hot asian girls want white fellas...
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

kelemi821 is an unknown quantity at this point
i didn't really feel like reading 10 pages of stuff but i think it's the fact that usually asian guys have more things in common... yea common interests and the cultures are closely related for asians and they'd be more understanding... example would probably be how many non-asians do you see celebrating chinese new year/lunar new year? and mayeb that's just their type as far as physical appearance who knows
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

melusive is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by rapidImovement
Don't get me wrong, you're very beautiful, but that's the tackiest lookin' dress I've ever seen.
Nice legs tho....

Yeah me being American Born Chinese, I've dated other "Asian-type" of women. Its cool to date and sleep around and just have fun. But when it comes down to settling down, family traditions play a huge part.
If you are a pure bred, do you want to be the one who has tainted and defiled the family blood lines?
My mom and grandpa has nagged me about that many times.
They be asking,"Who's going to take care of your kid when you one with this girl, I know i'm not."
It's like, MOM! Lay off, we're just dating
I had this fetish for mixed girls. My last gf was korean/german and was smokin hot.
M
y gf, who i plan on settling down, is a pure bred and our parents are pressuring me when am i going to get married. Chinese families, especially if they are from the old world, stick together like pests

bottom line, its cool to have your fill at the candy store but you better have an idea of what you like when you leave.
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno... I have asian friends (girls) but my girlfriend is spanish... My parents are ok with it so.. i'm like whatever..
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

Jotosuds17 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm korean, and all the korean girls i know date korean guys.

i don't get why white people like asian girls though. i mean, i don't hate my race or anything, but asian girls are in general, pretty fugly.

and i've seen over like, 20,000 or something (lived in socal,bay area,chicago), so i definitely know what i'm talking about
Old 03-31-2004
JDM wannabe

nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know about generally, i mean over 50% of the population is asian theres bound to be many fugly ones out there compared to the rest but there are also lots o hot ones to.

and that curse of the asian man link was hella funny
Old 03-31-2004
Escaped Convict

this thread sucks.

haha.

the fact that the question wasn't specific doesn't work out well for the answer.

AB: I was talking about overall. you're right that the ones born here are more open and what not, but quite a few of them are stil influenced heavily by their parents. granted some will act otherwise because of their parents, a good number still will probably listen.

add that to the already traditional ones, I would think comparing the asian girls to say the white girls in this country, there are more asian girls that are conservative. no?

anyways this thread sucks. lol.
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

024drlx is an unknown quantity at this point
what it is that american is so awesome is that the welcome of any race. we asian want the "culture" to stay alive meaning past down to generation. some parents are scared that married to an american will then lose its tradition. language for example
Old 03-31-2004
Registered!!

say capyoda, you know what that is so true, but in the long run it hurts the parents and specially the person beening married too. my sister dumped an american man who dated for like 4 and half yrs. and loves her so much, but for my parents sake married an asian guy instead. they fight constantly and my sister wanted a divoice like 3 times already. times and times again i'll still seeing in my head that when my sister was with that american guy was the best of her life.
Old 04-01-2004
Escaped Convict

that does suck.

she should have stuck with that guy.

I would think even with the tradition, a lot of parents are being more open minded and realizing that their children's happiness matters more.
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

i'm a living example of lost tradition... i don't speak chinese! ahh!! i speak more spanish than chinese... but seems like all other traditions stuck with me... including eating rice everynight and taking my shoes off before going in the house haha
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

^^^specially in asian community they talk about it like its a plague that the other family married an american. i can see it in my mom eyes that she somehow she wish that the american guy was still there. both my parents and the family liked the american guy but when it come down to marriage it was done.

guys and girls out there stay true to you heart and go with it, don't let someone decide for you and end up with regret.
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by Jotosuds17
i'm korean, and all the korean girls i know date korean guys.

i don't get why white people like asian girls though. i mean, i don't hate my race or anything, but asian girls are in general, pretty fugly.

and i've seen over like, 20,000 or something (lived in socal,bay area,chicago), so i definitely know what i'm talking about
yea but there's TONS of asians... there's 1.5 billion chinese people (like me) in the world alone! so 20,000 is a very small fraction of 1.5 billion even... then you add total koreans, japanese, cambodians, laos, thai, mongolian, vietnamese, and filipinos in and that's quite a bit of asians (sorry if i forgot someone) but yea i think for every race though there's always girls at both ends of the spectrum... or maybe it really depends on your type of girl?
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

plan03 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm asian. yes i'm dating an asian girl. but from where i am from, i see a lot of asian women with white guys. both adults and teens, theres a lot of interracial dating and what not going on around here and i actually wouldn't mind mixing it up for once. so i would kinda have to disagree with the topic, but hey, every region is different eh?
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

plan03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by kelemi821
i'm a living example of lost tradition... i don't speak chinese! ahh!! i speak more spanish than chinese... but seems like all other traditions stuck with me... including eating rice everynight and taking my shoes off before going in the house haha
ahhaha, i can hardly speak chinese but i can understand it. my family isnt really strict on traditions like taking off the shoes before entering the house, keeping the remote to the tele wrapped in plastic (i duno, don't ask but my friends yak on about taht), and other small qwirks (sp) us. as for rice being the staple diet in every meal and keeping napkins everywhere you go, thats here to stay

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: why.....asian+american=no...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.