Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

why.....asian+american=no...

Old 02-09-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
i'm an asian guy, cambodian to be exact, but i dont descriminate because of where ppl are from. Actually, i dont think i've even dated an asian girl yet. I've been raised with a cambodian background, been raised around other cambodians, grew up with cambodian people all around me, but at the same time, my parents made sure i was "americanized." They always give me the "you were born in america...you have some much more than we ever did...this country is full of opprunities for you...etc" speech, which is true. I'm act more american than i act asian i think.

But to answer your question, it usually has to do a lot with family, or more importantly, parents. A lot of asian families are still 1st gen americans, maybe 2nd gen. The parents still have contacts back in their country and its alot easier to present a guy/girl thats from the same ethnic background, or at least skin color. I know my parents want me to go out with a cambodian girl, cuz well...my dad keeps telling me to hook up with this girl or that girl.He did the same thing with my older brother, told him who he should talk to and get to know.

I guess its kinda like the part in American Wedding when Jim's grandmother starts yelling "not jewish, no wedding!"

Last edited by cambo; 02-09-2004 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-09-2004
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
WHATEVER latina's are the hottest women ever put on earth.
Old 02-09-2004
I wish I was asian

oh yea...and i know a BUNCH of ditzy asian girls. so uhh..i dont know what your saying that they're intelligent.
Old 02-09-2004
Registered!!

Lucid484 is an unknown quantity at this point
only while there young then they blow up like balloons =)
Old 02-09-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
yeah i don't like that whole 'exclusive' crap. I'm asian and I didn't dig that huge asian clique throughout highschool. I mean there is such thing as finding comfort and fun aside from just the people who look like you.

cambo's right. A lot of asian chicks are all hyper and ditzy. When my sister acts like that at home, I smack her up (but i don't care if she does it in public).

My hope is to have a nice latin mami to cuddle with someday but when I really want to settle down,

Last edited by XxSoVeReiGNxX; 02-09-2004 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by cambo
cuz well...my dad keeps telling me to hook up with and he did the same thing with my older brother.

Ur dad told you to hook up with ur older brother?

Originally posted by cambo
and he did the same thing with my older brother.

Because your dad already hooked up with your older brother?

LMAO jk.

but hey...

Old 02-09-2004

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
i think its a white thing, im not white, and i am not rally attracted to asians that much. i prefer latino or white girls. but i have to admit, some asians girls out there, are just unbelivable
Old 02-09-2004
Girlfriend of Resident RSX'er

LilCivicGirlie will become famous soon enoughLilCivicGirlie will become famous soon enough
I just thought of this, but like is it just me or like when asian girls all get together it seems like they're...like ditzy and sorta airheads? Maybe I'm being sterotypical but it seems when you put a bunch of asians together they get really shallow and superfical?
Old 02-09-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
I'm white
I have dated all types of girls: black, white, latin, asian and islander.

It really depends on their family and how culturely rich they are and also how respectful she is toward the family.

I married a Latina and her family espescially her mother didn't want her dating me and made it known. Her family was hesistant to get to know me. Man even then the women I married was hesistant to get to know me. But I won. The family loves me now and always asks where I am if my wife is alone at there house.

It was the same way with most of the relationships.
Some worked and oh man some didn't!

Just keep trying
Old 02-09-2004
Registered!!

DCivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
You can't really generalize, it really depends on the person. I'm filipino, but was born and raised here, so I'm pretty much "Americanized." But I do have the filipino upbringing. I've been seeing someone for 4 years now and she is 1/2 Italian 1/2 Croation, but 100% beautiful. Race should never be an issue. Peace.
Old 02-09-2004
Historic Member

CdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of light
I guess to me it would depend on where you grow up, as well as the early influences and background of the individual in question.

I'm Filipino, but I've never dated a Filipina, all my ex's are white girls.

My younger sister is dating a white guy.

My entire family is a cultural mix, my god-daughter is half Filipina, half French.

In any case, as someone before said, different cultures = different beliefs.
Old 02-09-2004
I wish I was asian

Originally posted by armieo
Ur dad told you to hook up with ur older brother?

Because your dad already hooked up with your older brother?

LMAO jk.

but hey...

hah hah. real funny. i set myself up for that one i guess. gotta do some editing i see.
Old 02-09-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
I must out of the all the asian cultures the Filipino people are more open to cultural mixing than the other.
Old 02-09-2004
Historic Member

CdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by PunkingCivic
I must out of the all the asian cultures the Filipino people are more open to cultural mixing than the other.

Quite true. But you'd be surprised how old-fashioned some Filipino parents can be sometimes.

Some of my relatives didn't like some of my ex's. They'd rather see me date a Filipina.
Old 02-09-2004
I wish I was asian

Originally posted by PunkingCivic
thats probably becuase they were invaded by spain. A lot of filipino people i know are strongly christian and are quite religious. Also, a lot of the filipino people i know have spanish sounding last names. They've been more exposed to interracial relationships than other asian countries IMO. Thai people are probably the other most americanized asian country i can think of. If you ever goto a thai restaurant or a restaraunt in thailand itself, a lot of the times they have forks and spoons already out. Unlike other asian restauraunts where you have to ask for a fork or spoon...unless they are VERY americanized or target american people to come eat there (you know what i'm talking about), but then again...those places dont really cook asian cuisine, but cook more "asian-influenced" foods.
Old 02-09-2004
The dog told me to do it

Explosivo is an unknown quantity at this point
^^Prod, the reason you haven't dated any of those women is because you're ghey.
Old 02-09-2004
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
SPANISH WOMEN HANDS DOWN. my gf is spanish. she was born in barbardos and shes hot as shyt. i love spanish women. their sexy dark hair and their language = i like.
Old 02-09-2004
I wish I was asian

Originally posted by Explosivo
^^Prod, the reason you haven't dated any of those women is because you're ghey.
or the girls could be sexually active. maybe even ******.. but i wont go there.

EDIT: insert sarcasm tags in this post.

Last edited by cambo; 02-09-2004 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2004
The dog told me to do it

wow... looks like I touched on a sensitive issue for you. Sorry big guy...
Old 02-09-2004
I wish I was asian

not to ***** this thread.. but i find explosivo post to be quite entertaining and full of satire. If not those two...its a history lesson.
Old 02-09-2004
I wish I was asian

prod...take it to PMs with explosivo. lets not ***** this thread.
Old 02-09-2004
The dog told me to do it

You're words hurt me Prod. But I still love you!
Old 02-09-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
damn prod u were the one makinga off topic statement. i am attracted to them by their looks . yes it might be superficial or w/e but damn i love asians other than the looks all women are the same. in one way or another so its the looks i like and **** up about white people suck. cause if ur that ignorant etc then u suck. sorry to go off topic please everyone continue w/o any off topic statements from prod
Old 02-09-2004
I close my eyes, what a beautiful sight. Sleeping to dream about you.

daydreamer is a glorious beacon of lightdaydreamer is a glorious beacon of lightdaydreamer is a glorious beacon of lightdaydreamer is a glorious beacon of lightdaydreamer is a glorious beacon of lightdaydreamer is a glorious beacon of light
geez i was being entertained by prod, explosivo, and cambo...now it stopped
Old 02-09-2004
The dog told me to do it

Originally posted by Prod
No sensative issue.. you're just a ****ing *** nut dude.

God damn, it never fails, almost everyday you prove yourself to be an idiot.
What's an *** nut? Sorry I'm an idiot, I just don't know what that is...
Old 02-09-2004
Historic Member

I find asian women especially attractive because they're facial structure, and body type.
(i love tiny women)
You and me both Prod.
Old 02-09-2004
I wish I was asian

Originally posted by rijowysock
damn prod u were the one makinga off topic statement. i am attracted to them by their looks . yes it might be superficial or w/e but damn i love asians other than the looks all women are the same. in one way or another so its the looks i like and **** up about white people suck. cause if ur that ignorant etc then u suck. sorry to go off topic please everyone continue w/o any off topic statements from prod
there is absolutely nothing wrong with basing your opinions on looks. Hell, most people's first impression of another person is based on looks. If it wasn't for that, then the saying "dont judge a book by its cover" would never have been made. I'll be the first one to say that looks is one of the things i judge things on.
Old 02-09-2004
The dog told me to do it

Just because you suck, doesn't mean the rest of the white skinned world falls into the same category.
Old 02-09-2004
I wish I was asian

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but.. to base the relationship upon it........ is kind of sad you know?

If you're dating a women because she's hot.. and only that reason, it's not going to work.
it might work. what if she thinks your hot too. then hell..you got two hot people who like to look at each other and maybe do some other stuff with each other. that alone might be enough for some people.

try not to generalize.
Old 02-09-2004
I wish I was asian

Originally posted by Explosivo
Just because you suck, doesn't mean the rest of the white skinned world falls into the same category.

couldn't agree more.

edit: if i feel like it later, i'll expand on this post as to not insinuate as much that Prod is an idiot or something along those lines. i need some sleep.

Last edited by cambo; 02-09-2004 at 05:20 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: why.....asian+american=no...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.