Need oppinion, someone owes me money!! - Honda Civic Forum

Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

Need oppinion, someone owes me money!!

Old 06-30-2003
Registered!!

RED03EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Need oppinion, someone owes me money!!

Hey everyone, im pretty new here and well, I hope I can get some serious oppinions on what you would do if you were in my situation.

Ok, here we go........

I use to own this 94 Civic EX. The car was purchased with minimul damage to the front bumper. It had been broke when the person who owned it before me backed up and got attached to a mail box.

After I got it I went right to work on it as you can see in this picture here>>>>

$3500.00 later it became this car here>>>>

Then I did the suspension setup which was a little more than $500.00 which consisted of new struts and coilovers with a 2.5" drop and 4 corner alignment. Let me say that everything on the car is paint, not vinyl.

Well, I drove the car for about 5 months and had no problems at all. Then the waterpump locked up and well, bent 2 valves but luckly didnt damage the piston they hit, so I installed a new head with 0 miles on it. Checked compression and drove it for another 3 months with no problems again. Outside though, I didnt really do anything to it because I was pretty happy over all with the appearance. Then I decided to sell it and get the rest of the way out of debt.

This is what I sold before I built the civic>>>>

That car is in California, I sold it to a guy off the internet for $9500.00. Since then I have talked to him and the car still runs and looks great. No problems there.

Now, the civic I sold to a girl that was local. She bought it about 3 months ago for $6500.00. That paid off the rest of my debt and I was able to purchase my new 03 civic about a month ago.

Well, in the past 3 months she has blown up the engine, she adjusted the cam gear 4 degrees in advance, always raced people, pegs the rev-limiter at stop lights and gets owned by second gear when she shifts hard. I made it a point to her that this car was not a race car, and that the bottom end had 130K miles on it before she bought it. She saw the car get the new head put on it and met the machanic who did the job. She was very pleased with the work as well as I was. She then crackes the sideskirt off the passenger side, chipped the hell out of the front end and messed up the fender on the passenger side from where she hit a pot hole in the road (did that when the side skirt got messed up).

Now, the girl still owes me $500.00 on the car. She is dodging my calls, wont reply to any e-mails that I send her, has her friends say she is always working and basically isnt going to give me the remaining money she owes me willingly.

But she was willing to let me video tape her stating that she still owes me the money as of 2 weeks ago today. Her father doesnt know that she owes me this and she wants to keep it that way. We signed an agreement on the purchase price of the car when the deposit was exchanged. The price was $6500.00 on the sheet of paper.

Should I bust her head and take her to small claims court? I have talked to the right people and they have seen the tape. They agree with me that it would stand up in court so I know I would win the case. Im not an ******* though, not saying this would constitute me being one but damn, its a harsh thing to do. BUT I want my money. I have given her well enough time to pay me, so I know now what I have to do but what would you all do in a situation like this. And who if anyone on here has been involved in a situation like this?

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited by RED03EX; 06-30-2003 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-30-2003
Registered!!

Civic2001LX is an unknown quantity at this point
After reading this I would call one last time and tell whomever you come in contact with that if you do not get the $500 by July, you will have to take her to small claims court. I would really do it too because $500 is just enough money for a modification! Don't feel guilty for having to be persistent. Afterall, you don't want to be a doormat.
Old 06-30-2003
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

poor jaysun will become famous soon enoughpoor jaysun will become famous soon enough
HEY!!! She wants to keep it away from her father. There's your leverage in the situation. Tell her she has to a certain date and if the $500 doesn't show up. You will speak with her father. You have the evidence. Now, if that doesn't work. Small Claims Court, Judge Judy style. You did sell is as an AS IS? Therefore, the crap she has done to it after the sale, has no bearing on you.
Old 06-30-2003
Premium Member

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
well you have a pretty much have judgment in favor of you if you goto court. but im sure your going to pay some court processing fees and things like that. but u can sue to compensate for that as well.

but i think the easier way is just say if you dont come up with the money in two weeks ill tell your dad. simple as that.

good luck
Old 06-30-2003
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
I would take her to small claims court. It is obvious she wasnt planning on paying you the $500. It is wierd that she said she would on tape though. By the way...I like how the paint came out on the civic....Too bad she beat the hell out of it....that would of made me sad if it was my car.
Old 06-30-2003
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Send her a letter telling her that you will take her to court if she doesn't pay you in 2 weeks or what not. Just make sure you keep a copy of everything. Just find out if it will be worth it or not after court fees and what not....but then again you can add that in to the suit where she pays for it all. Its a shame she beat the hell out of that car. That is one hella nice civic.
Old 06-30-2003
Nj
Registered!!

Nj is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn shame what she did to that car.... But yes sue her a$$ you have the tape so I would build a paper trail, the courts like that vs word of mouth. You will say you have called she will tell them that you haven't. So send her something like a certified letter.

Again yo I am sorry you had to watch someone tear up your baby.
Old 06-30-2003
Registered!!

Stone is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont know about in your state, but here in arkansas, you can retake possession of the vehicle if they fail to complete full payment, even if its a small amount like $500 out of thousands.
Old 06-30-2003

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
why didnt you get the payment in full before giving it to her??
Old 06-30-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
/\ not all irresponsible people like her have the money to fork over for a car. And she didn't get mommy or daddy to buy the car for her too.

I would feel bad if I learned that happened to something that I worked on personally and worked hard on. Yep go to court, get the rest of your money. Maybe they'll take the car from her after you tell the judge the facts (reckless driver, unwilling to pay, did not have parental consent), and then you can get it back.

Last edited by XxSoVeReiGNxX; 06-30-2003 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-30-2003
Registered!!

666 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would burn that b!+ch hard. Tell her father and then give her 24 hours to came up with $500, if she does'nt have the money (most likely she won't) take her to small claims. I hate when people do that and they know they are doing it. Even if it was for $20, you obviously put some serious time and money into it for only selling it for $6500. I would keep calling her at 1am every frickin' morning untill she snaps too.
Old 06-30-2003
Cracka

xtiszx is an unknown quantity at this point
666, i totaly agree
Old 07-01-2003
Registered!!

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies.

The girl called me last night and the same thing again as usual. She said she couldnt pay me becase she doesnt have any money. Well, the difference this time though was that she is getting some supposidly this week and that will be coming to me. I think she said $200.00.

Anyways, the reason why I didnt collect the full payment was because I thought I could trust her. HAHAHAHAHAHA, hell no! I told her last night that if I didnt have $500.00 in my hand by the 11th of this month her pops was goin to find out and that they would be going to court. And that it was going to cost her $625.00 instead of $500.00 because of court fees and stuff. She didnt like that too much.

Anyways, she knows whats up now and she knows Im serious. Thanks for all the replies, you guys helped me make my decision.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 07-01-2003
Registered!!

aznsmtboy is on a distinguished road
good to hear things are starting to get cleared up, looks like you'll be getting your money back .
Old 07-01-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
did she try to offer you anything else ( ) for her faults?

Old 07-01-2003
Registered!!

tcostello3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send guido's sister to kick her *** "on-tape" and be done with the soap opera b.s.!
Old 07-01-2003
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
make her pay you in a weekend of crazy sex lol
Old 07-01-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by sadboy916
make her pay you in a weekend of crazy sex lol

That my friend would be ok for some but not me. I will just stick to my girlfriend of over a year.

Old 07-01-2003

poor jaysun will become famous soon enoughpoor jaysun will become famous soon enough
Good Luck