Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

should i buy apexi n1 exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fresh is an unknown quantity at this point
should i buy apexi n1 exhaust??

ive been looking around for a while now at exhaust systems........i really like the apexi n1........but i trust youre guys opinions on here.......so i want to know how u feel.....as in sound performance.......basically the positives and negatives......thanks
Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
Performance-wise, the gains are so minimal that they take a back seat to the sound. Now then, IMHO, and based on the sound clips available here, the DC Sports TCS and the Dynomax have the best sound so far...next come the Magnaflow, Greddy Evo and the Thermal R&D.

I am kinda short of funds right now, so I got one of Borla's new Pro XS mufflers and had a local muffler shop weld it on with stock piping and a 3" tip. I also had them eliminate the middle stock muffler, so it's pretty loud and deep...I like it. it kinda raises pitch a little at 6-7000 rpm's but it complements the engine note, as I also have the K&N drop-in filter.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to respond to your question about the N1 -- The clip that we have here is not too good, so I am not sure about the sound. Sounds fine on other cars. Someone also mentioned that they bought a N1 replica from ebay and the quality was good.

Search for N1 exhaust here and on ebay to find more info and pics, specs, etc...
Old 09-21-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
i have apexi n1 "style" muffler with custom. sounds really nice its not loud. nice deep tone go for it.
Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

sc1golfr is an unknown quantity at this point
i've got a friend with the apexi n1 catback on his 95 prelude and it sounds great IMO. the catback is very loud on his car and i would guess it is on our cars also. the sound clip on here of the n1 is the universal muffler with custom piping, so it sounds different. i personally like the tanabe super racing medalion more, but if i were you, yes i would get the n1 catback, but i would not get the universal with custom piping. hope this helps
Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRiceBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
No, because I wanna get it and I dont want u wastin mah flava.

The N-1 styling is classic, imitators need not apply, if you are gonna buy it do not buy the knock offs or just the muffler buy the whole cat-back, also look into GReddy EVO its pretty fly, sounds kinda ricey without an aftermarket header though.
Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the "turbo" sized muffler

Old 09-21-2002
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
I have the N1 imitation from ebay( $70-75 ) + 2.25" Custom Piping.

Before the custom piping, it was deep and a little quiet.

After the custom piping, it is loud, deep, and sounds awesome! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Go for it!
Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

thanks for all the info guys.......ya i have to choose from the apexi n1 or the greddy evo....but i think im gonna get the apexi n1 cataback.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

another note.......i like the way the exhaust sounded on the green eclipse in fast and the furious....the part right after he loses to vin diesel...and is coming back up to the group........that deep sound but not to ricey is what i want.......anyone know the exhaust that car had....if not no big deal......just wondering....thanks
Old 09-21-2002
DMX
Registered!!

DMX is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the n1 with no resonator...
the sound is okay but it does tend to sound a lil ricey at high rpms.
its not too loud either... i mean u can still listen to ur music at normal volume
Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: fresh
thanks for all the info guys.......ya i have to choose from the apexi n1 or the greddy evo....but i think im gonna get the apexi n1 cataback.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG][hr]

I have yet to see the the Apex'i N1 in cat-back form
Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: fresh
another note.......i like the way the exhaust sounded on the green eclipse in fast and the furious....the part right after he loses to vin diesel...and is coming back up to the group........that deep sound but not to ricey is what i want.......anyone know the exhaust that car had....if not no big deal......just wondering....thanks[hr]

thats a greddy exhaust, not sure which one though, but the one they have on that eclipse is not a greddy that is out for our cars. we only have the evo. and also, the car probably doesnt really sound like that, they altered the sounds of all the exhausts in that movie to make them sound the way they wanted.
Old 09-21-2002
Registered!!

also, good luck finding the n1 catback, i tried to order one when they first came out for our car but supposedly there was a problem with it so apexi stoped making them for our car and is starting all over or something [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-21-2002
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Hey 01civicboi, is your muffler black? That's awesome!

IronFist
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

CrankinCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the black n1 and i like it it needs to be a little louder but i enjoy it
Old 09-22-2002
putang inamo!!!

alloriginal is an unknown quantity at this point
that F&F eclipse had a blitz exhaust from what i read.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-22-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: alloriginal
that F&F eclipse had a blitz exhaust from what i read.. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]
you might be right, i wasnt positive i just remember seeing a post somewhere on this site that said it was a greddy, who knows
Old 10-07-2002
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
thiz thread is old but anyways, i'm getting the Apexi N1 catback (yes the entire catback not the muffler!) installed this Saturday and I will take pics for those who have yet to see the catback in full uniform...anyways...i have a TCS for sale *used, for $400...look to the marketplace yall! Thanks. Latez.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-01-2002
Registered!!

DaCurryman is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: sc1golfr
also, good luck finding the n1 catback, i tried to order one when they first came out for our car but supposedly there was a problem with it so apexi stoped making them for our car and is starting all over or something [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][hr]
What exactly is/was wrong with it. Is it something serious?
Old 11-01-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
you guys honestly like having a really loud exhaust... i mean.. i love the sound of a really low, deep sounding exhaust.. but when i'm on the road and some dood with a hella loud exhaust fly's past me.. it sounds like a pissed off bumble bee... i think those people are the ones that give us a bad name... if you have the extra money, stick the resonator on there homies..it'll save you and us a lot of embarasment
Old 11-04-2002
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
I also have a resonator No raspy sound
Old 12-02-2002
Registered!!

Hey guys...i've gone through this thread and noticed that people don't like the axle-back and only recommend the cat-back.

Is it that bad. I'm considering getting it for a REALLY good price...so I wanna know your opinions...thanx.
Old 12-03-2002
Registered!!

Mitch is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a rear section and the reason why is because of HKS. I bought the Mozart for the sound. But when HKS released that they are not releasing a catback because of overall loss of torque, that's what sold me.
Old 12-03-2002
Registered!!

I see...will my exhaust not be loud/deep enough if I only have an axle-back with my stock resonator and piping? Anyone with particular knowledge/experience of the Apexi N1 itself?

Also, can someone explain to me why when I goto the Apexi website, it doesnt list our car under applications?

Lastly, how much should I expect to pay for installation of the muffler and also if I decide to get custom piping. Thanx again.
Old 12-04-2002
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
I am also looking at getting an Apexi N1 axle back. I'm not really looking for performance gains just a nice not ricey sounding exhaust.. I really like the deep subtle tones will I get this from the Apexi ???
Old 12-04-2002
Registered!!

xblkcivicx is an unknown quantity at this point
If your looking for performance get a cat back. If your looking to sound cool , then get your axle back. I got the N1 w/ custom 2.5" mandrel bent stainless cat back. you should only pay like 80-100 for the piping, installed...good luck