Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

European RHD civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Macker is an unknown quantity at this point
European RHD civic

I Live in ireland and want to buy a set of projector Headlights for my Civic Sedan from E-bay in the States. Does it matter that the lights are made for a LHD car, mine is a RHD. My local mechanic claims that the beams will be focused differently, although I cant see why.
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

PoopyRay is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont imagine why it would differ, though I cant say I know what a RHD or LHD is, I also wanted to say, that I had a layover in Ireland on my way to Saudi, It was our last beer stop hehe, Let me just say, Any place that opens there bar at 5:30 in the morning so that a bunch of Americans can get there drink on, is alright by me!! I will visit Ireland someday, some of the most beautiful looking country I have ever seen, well at least from an airplain window!!
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

RHD-Right Hand drive
LHD-Left Hand Drive

Hey PoopyRay they say if it wasn't for drink the Irish would rule the world Ha Ha Ha

Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

PoopyRay is an unknown quantity at this point
If I were you, I would contact the Seller VIA email and ask him/her, if the part would fit and work properly, they could lie I guess, but they might know best in this case.
Old 08-16-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I don't see why it would make a difference. Yes the beam direction will change due to the fact that they are projectors, but i dont see why they won't fit. Do the ones on ebay look like the same shape as yours??
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

Thanks for the advice guys:
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I was in Ireland for about 2 wweks had a chance to drive on the wrong side of the road...going 90mph in a 6spd...FUN [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG] anyway as far as the beams they should focus in the same place. The side your driving on shouldnt matter the beams face forward on both sides no matter what...i say go for it
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

BeefMan is an unknown quantity at this point
The mechanic you spoke with probly thinks our cars have the tilted beam pattern you see on a few other newer cars. I know my moms 99 Corolla and my friends 03 Tiburon both have headlights that are aimed lower on the left side so they dont blind the other driver as bad. Its kinda neat really, your lane is lit up like normal but the left lane is only lit up about half the distance, both lanes are lit sufficiently though.
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

klam is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Macker
I Live in ireland and want to buy a set of projector Headlights for my Civic Sedan from E-bay in the States. Does it matter that the lights are made for a LHD car, mine is a RHD. My local mechanic claims that the beams will be focused differently, although I cant see why.[hr]
Your beams WILL be focused differently if you drive on the left side of the road, because in North America we drive on the right side.

The reason is that in North America, DOT approved low-beam headlights usually have a horizontal cut off but flare out on the right side (towards the sidewalk/curb) to help illuminate signs. If you drive on the left side of the road in Ireland, that flare out will be going into driver's eyes. The opposite is true for left hand drive countries, the flare out will be on the left, and in North America it will blind oncoming traffic.
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: klam
[hr]Originally posted by: Macker
I Live in ireland and want to buy a set of projector Headlights for my Civic Sedan from E-bay in the States. Does it matter that the lights are made for a LHD car, mine is a RHD. My local mechanic claims that the beams will be focused differently, although I cant see why.[hr]
Your beams WILL be focused differently if you drive on the left side of the road, because in North America we drive on the right side.

The reason is that in North America, DOT approved low-beam headlights usually have a horizontal cut off but flare out on the right side (towards the sidewalk/curb) to help illuminate signs. If you drive on the left side of the road in Ireland, that flare out will be going into driver's eyes. The opposite is true for left hand drive countries, the flare out will be on the left, and in North America it will blind oncoming traffic.[hr]
EXACTLY RIGHT! That's why real Japanese headlights on your car get people pissed off at you, because it's almost as if you have you're brights on all of the time. Plus, if you're used to having a little bit of light on the curb-side of your car, you may may not be used to the new lights. So it DOES make a difference.
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

SlvrEX5spd is an unknown quantity at this point
MACKER....or anyone else who might know.....on right hand drive cars, is the clutch on the left or right side. meaning...is everything opposite of LHD american cars? peace.....
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: SlvrEX5spd
MACKER....or anyone else who might know.....on right hand drive cars, is the clutch on the left or right side. meaning...is everything opposite of LHD american cars? peace.....[hr]
LOL![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Imagine that! Nah...pedals are the same; the only change is having the shifter and e-brake handle on your left, instead of the right.
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
A right foot clutch would be wierd [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] ...yuck [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

Of course, I have no clutch now so I can't talk [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

On Right hand drives the clutch is on the left.