Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Alarm, what to get, what not to get ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
Alarm, what to get, what not to get ?

Yes, I've done a search in the forums, and there's not much....

I have the stock 'alarm' on my Acura EL.... Or is it just keyless entry? In any case....

I've always liked Clifford alarms, I myself had te IQ6000 on my 2000 Civic, before it got totalled.... But, recently someone I know got the CompuStar alarm with pager.... so now I'm thinking the pager is the way to go....

- initially I thought it was a REAL pager, where it would made a call via satillite to tell you your car is getting jacked. Then I found out it would only work within a certian distance... Anyhow.
- I've read thru the forums, everyone says that CompuStar SUCKS, but they never say why, and I don't see any complaints of WHY it sucks. WHY???

Does anyone have a pager alarm??? Anyone have a pager alarm OTHER than CompuStar??? Anyone have the Inspector 2000?? I don't mind buying it, it's just that it's in the US, and I'd like to see it in action/get some clarifications on it before I buy it... Plus, the warranty might not be valid in Canada......) Inspector 2000

I was also wondering..... what the heck would expensive cars like Porsche, BMW, MB, etc. have???? (Aside from stock)...
Old 05-29-2002
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
hey i asked the same ? few days ago go 2 the tech stuff forums i think its called whats a good alarm brand and people were very helpful they said i should go wit cliffords alarms they said thats a good brand hope this helps
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
I have clifford perfect, no problems, couldn't of asked for much more......
If you ever plan on getting wheels, get the TILT sensor w/ it.......if someone try's to jack up your car and jack your wheels,, it'll go off.......
proximity sensors only work through NONmetal based tint....hope I helped a little......
don't know too much bout compustar,.....
peace, Trevor
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

RunawaySoul is an unknown quantity at this point
My brother's Civic has a $1000 Clifford setup. It actually thwarted a robbery attempt. There were handprints on the windows. Works for him. His alarm is with all the gimmicks, so you could probably get it for considerably less than a grand. Funny thing, at night the street light actually trips the sensor and makes the alarm go off on occasion.