Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k1Miami is an unknown quantity at this point
2 Questions

1. I installed a magna-flow high flow cat. I had to relocate the the 2nd o2 sensor after the cat. insted of on the cat. (EX)
can this cause a problem? the car is runing perfect, no check engine light.

2. I reseted the ecu, now the radio is asking me for a code. I dont have the code. what do i do?
Old 05-25-2002
GT-S BoY

ProDigy is an unknown quantity at this point
the first question i don't know. . i didn't have to reset any sensors and i'm not sure why you have to. . .but the second question i can help you out on. . . .The dealer gave you a card right after you bought your car. . .it was in the glove compartment and it contained numbers that you press when you d/c your battery. . . SInce you don't have it. . try going back to the dealer and asking for the card. . .if not, then your out of luck. . GLUCK
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

Turtle is an unknown quantity at this point
The o2 sensor should not cause problem. The 2nd o2 sensor is reall just to cheack the efficiency of the cat converter, thats all really.

The dealership may charge you for getting the code for you. I am a HOnda tech, so I can get it for you if you have to pay. All youll need to do is hold the #1 and #6 buttons. Numbers will appear on the screen. Gimme that number and I can get you the code.
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point

<< 1. I installed a magna-flow high flow cat. I had to relocate the the 2nd o2 sensor after the cat. insted of on the cat. (EX)
can this cause a problem? the car is runing perfect, no check engine light.

2. I reseted the ecu, now the radio is asking me for a code. I dont have the code. what do i do?
>>

If the light doesn't come on than I would think you are fine. If not, I am sure it light up soon.

If you can't find the card with the codes, the dealer can get it for you.

How much did you pay for the cat and did you notice any increase in performance? I though it was illegal to replace the converter unless it wasn't functioning properly...
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

2k1Miami is an unknown quantity at this point
Dam Turtle, thanks!

Mbow, I really F--- up, I went crazy today looking for a cat back system, because earlier in the week I had installed hp headers and a racing cat.. I couldn't wait to install a cat back, to get the full performance of the headers, but no one in S. Florida had a cat back in stock. I had $700 in my pocket but no one had a system for me. My friend convinced me to get a custome job at a muffler shop. So I did. 2.25" pipes to an aerospeed muffler, $250 bucks. Cool!, but when i drove off i couln't hear myself think. It was soooo loaud. because my racing cat was a straight thrugh design. So I went back and the guy told me "its loaud because of the racing cat." so he said he had a high flow cat he could sell me for $130 that would supres the sound more. I had no choice but to buy it. The problem was that the cat he was selling me didn't have an o2 sensor fiting, so he cut out the racing cat leaving the o2 sensor (the o2 sensor was after the cat on the same pipe) then he welded the high flow cat. between the two pipes. What a rig. So I ended up spending $380 for a frankenstine job. and its still a little to loaud for my taste.

Now i'll tell you I didn't like the way the car felt with the racing cat. I had almost a straight pipe before I put the high flow cat. the car was so slugish in low rpm. Mid rpm was better than stock. High rpm (ears bleeding) i'm not sure to tell you the truth.

With the high flow cat. it feels strong across the band. much better than stock.

my headers extend all the way to the cat. I have no down pipe. 2.25" from headers on to muffler.

I wish I would have been patient and waited for a gready system, now I dont have enough money.

Old 05-26-2002
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

importz2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont feel bad man!!!!!! I did the same thing(almost) I have an LX, and Greddy told me they didn't know when it would be out, but sometime soon. So I went 2.25 from the cat back with an Obx muffler. Its a little loud, but I will have to deal with it until they come out with mine.