body colored nozzles - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2002   #1  
Registered!!

tenseinobi7 is an unknown quantity at this point
body colored nozzles

i got body colored nozzles from hondaautomotiveparts.com. they look pretty decent but i have a few complaints. first of all, they don't seem to be to be genuine honda parts but whatever. you have to expect that from a website. also, the part where you connect the hose to the nozzle under the hood: on the black ones that were on there, this part was turned in the direction that the hose came from so it was a straight run for the water, no curves in the hose. the connections on these new ones point outwards so i had to stretch and bend the hose a little bit to connect it and now the water comes out at a higher pressure and sprays half of the roof. i tried like hell to rotate this part but i just don't think it rotates and i didn't want to snap it off. just lettin' ya'll know my opinion. pics soon!
tenseinobi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002   #2  
Registered!!

Storm897 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same problem and Used tape to keep the hose on the new nozzles
Storm897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002   #3  
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
i took my washer nozzles out (OEM ones -- hadn't messed with 'em til now) the other day because they seemed to be leaking -- leaving a little stream of fluid running down my hood. i couldn't solve the problem (it seems to be excess fluid hitting the edges of the concave dimple, then running off from there)... but i did notice that the nozzle DOES rotate in all directions... try a screwdriver or needle-noze pliers and use a little force. i think that even non-OEM nozzles would do the same thing (non-OEM parts for any industry are basically the same both in appearance and functionality to OE-spec... just made from cheaper materials, etc.)
bhayes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002   #4  
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Just take your bottle of touch up paint and carefully remove your original nozzles and reinstall them. Cheap, effective, no fitment problems.
Bartkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002   #5  
Registered!!

deathor is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought about painting mine a long time ago, but I came to the conclusion that the paint will crack or fall off...
am I right or wrong?
I was sort of just guessing.
deathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002   #6  
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
deathor: i dunno... they're plastic, so you could sand them really lightly to make the paint adhere better... but i would bet that the paint will stick fine without (unless you poke around at 'em every day or blast them from 3 inches with a pressure washer [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] )
bhayes82 is offline   Reply With Quote