Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Grey Market OEM Parts (7th Gen)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice
Grey Market OEM Parts (7th Gen)

I recently went from an 8th gen to a 7th gen, which is fine, it is a good car, but I am looking for a little more storage space.

I noticed on the fiche page on "Instrument Panel Garnish (Passenger Side)", that there are a few different facades available for the area in front of the cup holders.

I wonder how hard it would be to find these parts? What market, considering that they are on this microfiche? Of course, they do not show up in the parts list.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_P...-side&Diagram=

Name:  PciF1of.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  205.5 KB
Old 08-12-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grey Market OEM Parts (7th Gen)

What item # are you looking at in the image? The ashtray combo package?
Old 08-12-2017
Registered!!

robfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nicerobfarr56 is just really nice

No, the enlarged stash box.
The parts I have colored green.

I doubt I could afford to buy new parts.

I may have to go back to Plan A, which was to find a faceplate at a junkyard, and make my own cubby, perhaps employing vacuum-forming technology.
Old 08-12-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Oops. I didn't see the image in your post, I only clicked the catalog link. For some reason I only get a tiny placeholder instead of an entire image.
Not available on our corner of the freekin planet, apparently.

Want to waste some time looking through this catalog?
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/
Old 08-12-2017
Registered!!

That was fun! I found them in the U.K.! Wish I had $70... The postage is the killer, and it isn't even heavy!

Subtotal £18.71
Shipping & Handling (Shipping - Shipping) £35.00
Grand Total Excl. Tax £53.71

Thanks for the link. If they can still get them, it will happen, soon.

edit: bookmarkin' that bad boy!

Last edited by robfarr56; 08-12-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-12-2017

Now I wonder if recycle yards over there might have websites or searchable databases
Old 08-12-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Now I wonder if recycle yards over there might have websites or searchable databases
The price of the parts is not the problem, but I think the shipping would be similar regardless of who ships it?

I was thinking, have a friend in OZ order them, and ship them to me from there?
Old 08-12-2017
Registered!!

Oops! Not from British models, from the catalog for FRANCE, SPAIN, ALGERIA, CAMEROON, SENEGAL, TAHITI, TOGO - (KF)

And I chose 2003 just to get deeper into the model span.

Maybe a trip to Tahiti is in order...
Old 08-13-2017

Hey, I just found this site, seems like it can cross reference part use among various models and whatnot....Check/explore this link, give it a whirl and see if it can be of use to you

http://abc-parts-honda.com/
Old 08-13-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Hey, I just found this site, seems like it can cross reference part use among various models and whatnot....Check/explore this link, give it a whirl and see if it can be of use to you

http://abc-parts-honda.com/
That website is not so intuitive. I couldn't find ANY part numbers that I cut/pasted from outside sources. But if I cut/paste a number from their website, I get a hit.

Thanks for thinking of me!

I should be saving my money for my 8th gen...