Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Revo Technica SS and Solo SS Adapter DO NOT FIT TOGETHER!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002
DIY King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Revo Technica SS and Solo SS Adapter DO NOT FIT TOGETHER!

To all of you asswipes that lied. [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

If you could only see how much they don't fit together, then you would laugh your asses off. Those people that said that they had the DC Sports SS Adapter and the Revo Technica SS were BSing as well since the DC Sports SS adapter has a smaller range of adjustment than the Solo SS adapter. Anyway, take it from me... THEY DO NOT FIT TOGETHER! Get one or the other, but not both.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
does that mean you installed your revo short shifter today!?

how do you like it! pics pics pics! i want to see it w/ the rsx **** greY!
Old 05-06-2002
DIY King

I didn't install it yet, I will in a little while when it's cooler. I just took out my Solo SS adapter and tried to fit it on the Revo Technica SS. No go.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats too bad GREY[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] I just ordered REVO from Rob, hopefully I made the right choice over an adapter. Now I'm waiting my Kumo bushings & RSX **** I ordered earlier this week...
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

AlexLx is an unknown quantity at this point
then i guess grey has a solo adapter for sale then.....doh sucks that it doesnt work. Minor problem, keep up the good work grey!
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys are going to love the Revo/Kumho/RSX combination. I know I do!
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
aw man! sorry to hear that grey[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/IMG] i was hoping that it would fit because i was going to try it as well. thanks for trying though[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, that bites the big one! Well, you can sell the adapter if you like the revo better and recoupe some money. I'm very interested to see what you think of it. Let us know.
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

speed werx is an unknown quantity at this point
well grey, it DOES work......."mycivic: on th forum has both, and ive seen it, he told be it took some jaming and banging, but it got in there somehow!!!, maybe the toleremces are a lil more off on his or yours??? dunno, hope it works bro
Old 05-06-2002
DIY King

As I said, "If you could only see how much they don't fit together, then you would laugh your asses off.". I don't understand if you saw this, or if mycivic saw this? Either way, did you see it with the center console off? If so, then I'll believe it. If not, then you were fooled as well!
Old 05-06-2002
Registered!!

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the revo/kumo combo with type r **** and yes it does rock...but my question is this...why would you think you'd need a short shift adapter with a short shifter...kinda doesn't make sense. i cant' imagine shortening the throw even more, but grey at least thanks for trying and keeping everyone informed

grey, on another note, i never used those two metal brackets on my tsunami bumper and keep wondering should i have and if so, where did you put them. also, did you do anything for a better fit around the lights..additional screws? it's just not completely flush..thanks for any info
Old 05-06-2002
DIY King

<< why would you think you'd need a short shift adapter with a short shifter...kinda doesn't make sense. >>

Before anyone had the Revo Technica SS people thought that the Revo Technica didn't relocate the shift point. Then people started talking about using the Solo SS adapter and the Revo Technica SS because some thought you could relocate the shift point even more than have an even shorter shift. Sound in theory, but it just doesn't fit. Well, at least not without bending the Solo SS to hell. I couldn't imagine trying to do that though.

<< i never used those two metal brackets on my tsunami bumper and keep wondering should i have and if so, where did you put them. >>

The shop actually put them on. Well, they put on the ones I made. The ones that came with the bumper looked lame and week. I made my own out of thicker aluminum. The shop made holes in the thickest part of the sheet metal and through some plastic as well. It's kinda hard to describe. I think it helps to secure the bumper to the front of the car and it also kinda props it up a little.

<< also, did you do anything for a better fit around the lights..additional screws? >>

That's not where I have the fitment problems Under the lights is fine. It's on the sides that it sags a little. I'm not sure how to fix that. I think they put the grill on wrong. I'm probably going to get the RS grill later, so I might be able to improve on their work a little.
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

pleasejoe is an unknown quantity at this point
so far has anyone had any kinds of conflict with the kumo sports ring sets, with any other kinds of short shifters/adapters?
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

So....Grey, have you installed the revo ss yet or what? I like to hear your comparison as you own an adapter and now the complete unit.
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

Mbow, I have the revo, and have driven a 2k1 with the adapter and I prefer the revo hands down. smoother cleaner feel, don't know what else to say.

grey, i'll work on those brackets and actually, i have the rs grill and my fitment isn't great around the sides either(not the lights like i mentioned earlier) so i don't know if that will help
Old 05-07-2002
DIY King

<< so far has anyone had any kinds of conflict with the kumo sports ring sets, with any other kinds of short shifters/adapters? >>

No, the KumoSport pretty much fits all aftermarket shifter upgrades.

<< So....Grey, have you installed the revo ss yet or what? I like to hear your comparison as you own an adapter and now the complete unit. >>

Yes I have, I posted a thread in the Parts and Products forum and in the Reviews forum. Check it out.

<< grey, i'll work on those brackets and actually, i have the rs grill and my fitment isn't great around the sides either(not the lights like i mentioned earlier) so i don't know if that will help >>

What did you do to the Tsunami T2001 so far? I had to cut out certain sections, drill out certain holes, cut out certain square holes, etc.
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

i just drilled holes to match the holes that mount woth the grill and the hole under the wheel well from oem bumper and that's it. went on like a charm cept for the not so flush fitment on the side which i was thinking i could cure with a couple of screws
Old 05-07-2002
DIY King

You'll have to do more than that. Take off the Tsunami and compare it side by side to the stock bumper. Then modify the Tsunami so that all of the edges are exactly the same. Then looks for all the holes in the stock bumper and modify the Tsunami so that it has all of the holes. It should fit very well then. Did you cut off the little tab that holds the stock horn wire that's on the windshield washer container? You should do that as well.
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

ok, talked to my buddy Grey......he has the DC adapter AND the Revo short shifter.........so maybe only the DC works.....his other friend has the same set up and works also................so i guess say no to SOLO if you want this combo??????
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

pleasejoe is an unknown quantity at this point
hey grey, thanx for the qucik response, ur very helpful, i read most of ur post, one[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] for grey
Old 05-07-2002
DIY King

<< ok, talked to my buddy Grey......he has the DC adapter AND the Revo short shifter.........so maybe only the DC works.....his other friend has the same set up and works also................so i guess say no to SOLO if you want this combo?????? >>

I still think he's BSing you. Have you seen it first hand without the center console? I think that the DC Sports SS adapter is a tighter fit than the Solo, so now way it's fitting.
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

"mycivic" on the site is bent on disproving you grey.hehehehe, he told me if need be, he'll take the consol off and snap pics....i dont see why he would lie, but ill try to get him to take pics.
Old 05-07-2002
Registered!!

Please, nobody believes anything around here without pics! Even with pics, videos, what have you, people will still call b.s. Post the pics though. Do we need to call him out?
Old 05-08-2002
DIY King

Pics would make me believe. Looking forward to those...
Old 05-08-2002
Registered!!

MyCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Grey!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Dude ease up woth words. Nobody is BSing.... anyway I can imagine that u r pissed since your adapter did not fit the SS, but hell yeah I will take some pics to show you - first i will have buy the digital camera-. My Adapter fitted almost perfectly, there was a small gab between the adapter and the SS but little hummer action solved the problem[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]. Let me see the pics if u have any and i will get mine asap. Peace out dude [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
im with the other member on this thread...why would you need both? I have the Neuspeed adapter, and my shifting is damn fast. The only thing that is slowin me down is how fast i snap my foot to engage the clutch, and release the clutch. Thats damn fast for me. So, its not the throw of the ****, its the throw of the clutch pedel, but even that doesnt slow me down any. I think its almost a waste to get both, if you cant opporate your clutch and your stick together with just one to get those super fast snaps, then go ahead and get both, but i know how to drive my stick shift, so im gonna save $100.
Sorry, dont mean to come off all bad, like im the best driver around, i know im not. Dont mean to offend anyone who has both of them either. Thats just my 2 cents, thats all.
Later
Old 05-09-2002
DIY King

MyCivic: Seriously? What do you mean by "hummer action"? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] That sounds funny. Anyway, I thought that the Solo SS adapter had more space for adjustment than the DC Sports SS adapter? At least that's what it looked like from all of the pictures I have seen on the net. Isn't the pivot point so high up now that the cable is very very tight? I think this might cause the cable to start to cut through it's liming as you shift. Anyway, if you've got it then post pics. I'm getting a digicam in not too long as well, so I'll be posting pics of mine soon. No harsh words from me regarding the DC Sports SS adapter. Only on the Solo SS adapter. I'm just curious about the DC Sports being able to fit since my Solo had no way in hell of fitting.