Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Parts information from Internation Auto Salon

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
Parts information from Internation Auto Salon

SEMA helped put on a show this weekend called the International Auto Salon. It was a great show and being in the automotive industry and owning a 2k1 Civic I went with tons of questions. Having a SEMA badge got me a lot of time with all the reps and here are some things I learned.

From HKS: The Hiper exhaust is on its way. About two months for the Coupe. The turbo kit is on HOLD. They do not feel that the market warrants them going through the process of getting a CARB exemption. Basically the testing costs a lot of money and they don't think enough of us will pay for only 30-40 horsepower. Of course the kit could be modified to produce more power in race only form, but right now, it is officially on hold. Perhaps they may sell the exhaust manifold and we could make our own kits since they already produce all the rest, but no kit for us.

From Greddy: The EVO exhaust will be released next month for the coupe. Nothing else for us, no turbo kit is even being planned since our vehicles are ULEV and they don't want to try for CARB.

From Bilstein: The strut assemblies (whole strut not insert) are in design and will be released next year.

From Tokico: The strut assemblies for the front were put on hold and are now back in engineering, release date next year. Basically the issue was that Honda had begun to believe the new front end was a mistake, since it was more costly to produce. They were talking about going to the old version. But now that the RSX has the same strut assembly, demand is now driving them into production.

Jackson: Had a prototype for the RSX but no plans for us.

HASPORT: The only fun for me. They put the RSX Type S motor in a Civic Si. It looked awesome. A 200 hp civic is a reality! This left them with a left over motor. They decided to put it into a Civic EX. The whole conversion will be in kit form and should be on display in the SEMA show in Las Vegas. If they pull this off, a very fast 2k1 is in the future, especially since the RSX is the new darling. It has everything, I saw 14 RSX's with aftermarket support and only 3 2k1's.

My main gripe was that more people buy the 2k1 since it is cheaper and some would say looks better. But since the RSX uses some suspension parts, we will get our struts eventually. So for now, slow is how we go.
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the update[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] The K20 is becoming more and more of a reality. I"m glad to be a Civic owner right now.. Ha-Haa to all that sold-out and traded or opt out for a Accord, Corolla, or Camry..[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
i am determined to be one of the first with the HKS Hiper Cat-Back Exhaust on this site. I had better start savin my pennies, im guessin its gonna cost around $700. (pay for what you get in my opinion )
Old 04-21-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
nice.... 200hp rsx in my civic