Injen CAI: Filter Removed Without Removing Bumper? - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2002   #1  
Registered!!

klam is an unknown quantity at this point
Injen CAI: Filter Removed Without Removing Bumper?

Is there a way to remove the filter without removing the bumper? There's gotta to be an easier way to remove the bumper than performing surgery on the car! I've removed the bumper before and although it is not too hard, it is a bit of a hassle and I'm afraid that doing it too often will wear out some of the clipping points.
klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002   #2  
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't have the Injen but I heard all you have to do is turn your tire, take the clip out of the fenderwell, and the peel your fender-liner back & you'RE DONE.. If that doesn't give you enough room take the bottom screw out and pop the one side of the bumper back. That should make it a lot easier..
TEKNIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002   #3  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
search man search.

but here's a freebee.
its alot easier to take off the bumper. its going to be a pain in the [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] to get into that little space, to bolt on the filter and the pipe on to the frame right. o and the instructions tell u to cut the fender wall a little but dont do it. its a tight fit.
good luck
speedracersong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002   #4  
Registered!!

netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
if u don't cut then it rubbles alot, annoying
netcbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002   #5  
Registered!!

AltimaJG is an unknown quantity at this point

<< search man search.

but here's a freebee.
its alot easier to take off the bumper. its going to be a pain in the [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] to get into that little space, to bolt on the filter and the pipe on to the frame right. o and the instructions tell u to cut the fender wall a little but dont do it. its a tight fit.
good luck
>>

Wrong Answer.

I have the Injen RD CAI. I was not going to remove that bumper. So I set out to find another way of doing this and was successful.

All you have to do is jack your car up and REMOVE the right wheel. This will give you more than enough room to work thru your wheel well plastic. The filter fits perfectly and with absolutely no rubbing whatsoever.

The key is to install the cone filter last. First, Install the upper portion of the CAI. Then get in your wheelwell via the removed tire and stick the second portion of the pipe thru the wheelwell into the engine bay.. Get up and adjust the silicon "Injen" seal to both pipes with the steel grip things... Now go back to your wheelwell and secure the lower pipe with the preinstalled "hook" to the car using that rubber screw thing. Make sure you clamp down hard because their are several wires that will be grounded to the chassis on that same screw.. DO NOT cut the fender plastic.. slip it thru the side.. it's a snug fit. Once all that is done slip your filter in thru the bottom and slip it into the opening of the pipe.. secure with those steel grip things and you sir, are good to go.

If you were in miami I would do it for you to have another witness see that it IS possible to install without removing the front bumper.
AltimaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002   #6  
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
no way..u have to remove your front bumper
CivicVTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002   #7  
Registered!!

leadfoot78 is an unknown quantity at this point
AltimaJG is totally right i did mine 3 days ago exackly like he said and it was a peace of cake. It sounds awasome!!!!!
leadfoot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002   #8  
Registered!!

azn2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Is there a way to remove the filter without removing the bumper? There's gotta to be an easier way to remove the bumper than performing surgery on the car! I've removed the bumper before and although it is not too hard, it is a bit of a hassle and I'm afraid that doing it too often will wear out some of the clipping points. >>

all you have to do is remove the wheel, and remove the fenderwell. i installed the whole intake without having to remove the bumper.
azn2k1civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002   #9  
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know this reply is kinda late late for this thread and all, but im getting rid of my short ram and putting in a Injen CAI, I find it kind of a 2 for 1 deal to go thru the fender well, itll give me the reason to take my wheels off to paint my calipers, and install a new toy in the process. Let ya know how it goes when i do the install...
OmegaBlue2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002   #10  
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I couldn't get the pipe to fit through without cutting some of the plastic away. I would assume that if you didn't than the plastic in the fenderwell is bulging out. You can clean the filter without removing the bumper. That area is pretty easy to access by just removing the little pop in clip thing and pulling the plastic back.
Mbow is offline   Reply With Quote