Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Buy the new Civic SI, give me your opinion

Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01EXtc is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy the new Civic SI, give me your opinion

ok. first off, ive read some of the posts on the new Civic SI, no not the canadian version, the hatchback 2.0 vtec SI. i had a deposit on one and i opted to have it refunded because ive put alot of work in my own car. anyway, i went down to the dealership and i test drove it today, wow. that rally style shifter built into the dash is KILLER, super short throw. secondly, the power increase is out of this world compared to mine with a header, intake and 2.5 exhaust. the seats, where do i begin, they are more firm than my EX stock were, the have a memory to them so when u sit in them they contour to your body. granted the body style sucks @ss but it has more power and alot more interior styling, in my opinion. ok, here the whole ball of wax. i went down with my 02 EX and all the mods are obviously on it from this post.

http://www.2k1civic.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=2&threadid=29893

now, they are willing to trade me EVEN for the new SI, i would get to keep the stereo and the wheels and whatever else that isnt the kit, fenders, or spoiler OR leather interior. would YOU do it?

my car, fenders, kit, leather, spoiler, = even trade for new SI, every other mod is mine to take off

u tell me
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
If it's an even trade you shouldn't even have to ask......HELL YEAH!! That K20 motor is going to be so much easier to mod than the D17.
Old 04-11-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Go for it.
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

BeefMan is an unknown quantity at this point
No way, your 01 Civic EX is tight! The new SI looks [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

Travii is an unknown quantity at this point
Where do all these people live?? Straight trades for our cars that cost, more than our cars brand new??
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

travii
look at my car bro
looky

welcome to the site by the way, no flame intended

latas

lucas
Old 04-11-2002
First to spool
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

riceburnrex has disabled reputation
The new civic SI is more of a minivan than a sport compact car. Yes, they have more power now, but they have all the same problems modding as us (fuel system, new engine design, etc). The SI is going for so much money, and not very many of them being sold in comparison to the EX, that the true performance parts for the 2dr Civics will pick up faster. Companies will make parts for the types of cars in higher demand, there will be more people with the EX than the SI. Especially when you think about this: for an extra $2,500, you can have an RSX-S. Yes, they kill us now, but give it more time. You'll see countless EXs beating the crap out of the SIs.
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

ugh, what to do
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

HCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
keep ur 2k1 for now!
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

Zolutar is an unknown quantity at this point
Even trade for a 2k2 Si hb?

HELL YA

Why?

because the k20 engine has way more potential, and like the 7th gen's in 2001, i hated em, thought they were ugly, but they grew on me pretty quick and honestly, the hb i think will too, seeing them in person they arent all that bad.
when the aftermarket takes off on them as well lookout!

they WILL make projectors for thos fugly headlights, or get a ebp and paint the housing of em black.
thats my biggest hate on that car, but the rear end is beautiful,
the shape is very retro to the 88-91 hb othar than being a little softer and taller.
That shifter kicks ****. and sidemarkers are standard

if I was given the offer I would do it in a heartbeat...no question.
though your 01 ex is sweet as well, starting fresh is always fun too
Old 04-11-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

cvc2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
new car for used car? even trade? EX model for SI model? where will they make the money? wow. ur one special guy. i'll pay $2000 more... hands down for a swap. i have a 2k2. barely 4k miles.
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

Lianjie is an unknown quantity at this point
no way, keep ur car, thats so hot!!! civic si might be faster, but it wont get nearly as much attention as the car u have now!
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

ALLMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Your swaping out cars but starting back over in payments(make money in interest)...more than likely....Dealers make money on new car sales in a number of ways.....they get a bonus for selling new cars....if they can sell new cars in a short amount of time..meaning when that car hits the lot...to the point it is sold...means extra bonus money from Honda...this gives incentive for the dealer to push more new cars.....and so on and so on and so on!!!...just remember this..unless you've got "GREAT" connections...and can get the car at the dealers cost....probably not......they are making their money...BELIEVE THAT!!..Peace!...BTW....stay with yours!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
the new SI HB === [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]

buy a used GSR or 99-00 si! (ive said it before, and ill say it again)!
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

ALLMAN, my car is paid for, SI would just be swapping license plates.
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

<< ALLMAN, my car is paid for, SI would just be swapping license plates. >>

wsup mang.. hook me up. i'll pay extra $2000 cash. my car is paid off too! 2k2 civic EX 4600 miles.
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Dealers make their money on used cars. The only way to make money on the new ones is to move a huge amount of volume.

I like the si personally. You can put all the bolt-ons on the ex and still not match the performance of the si. The outside isn't that great but compare the interiors (where you are most of the time). It makes the lower models look and feel like poopoo. If you want a more sportier car as far as performance, then the si hands down. If you like a car that looks fast and isn't, keep the coupe. Plus, think about that dohc engine it's got, with the rally shifter, those oh so comfy seats, and all the little cubby holes, and steering wheel, it's just awesome on the inside.
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

figured. when my friend traded in his landrover.. kelly blue book said it was worth 18k for regular sales and 13k for trade in value. The dealer only took it back for 10k. so the dealer is making a lot of $$$$. even trade is really awesome even though it doesnt sound logicly correct. like you said, the dealer makes most of their money off used cars, i strongly agree, but even trade? a used lower grade, 2001 civic EX, for a even trade on a brand new 2002 civic top of the line Si seems too good to be true. but if you have the connection, persue it. i would, most definitely.
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
I think EX coupes look SO much better than the new hatch. You can always do a k20 swap later, the better engine really isn't worth the [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] 's that you get when driving down the road [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

VTECpnay01 is an unknown quantity at this point
id get one because the DOHC engine has a lot more potential than our cars... but i still lyke my 2k1!!! yaay!!
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
KEEP the Civic you have now that thing is tight, I would wait. The SI is just not the car it should be. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Love your current ride, but your choice

Nick
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

newkid is an unknown quantity at this point
damn...thats like striking the lottery...

u can sell the HB if u don't like it afterwards and buy urself another EX...

i've never heard of a dealer making an even trade before...i'd take them up on that...u've done a lot to the coupe already...time for a new project!!
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

<< I think EX coupes look SO much better than the new hatch. You can always do a k20 swap later, the better engine really isn't worth the [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] 's that you get when driving down the road [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] >>

um.... have i missed out on any late breaking news? k20 swap successful in the 7th gen civics? i dont mind the new civic si at all... i can go JDM style baby.. once you go JDM.. you wont go WRONG! anyways... IF it was successful, why deal with a swap that will void your engine warranty when you can get a brand spankin new civic si hb and get the full warranty??[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] yes, i know most people think once you break any factory seal... your warranty is voided... true... to some extent... for example.. if you modify your complete suspension only , and your engine fails.. or windows fail etc... they will cover it! the warrantly only voids the certain area that has been tampered. my sources are from Tom, Manager of Capitol Honda Service dept. i know most of the workers there... so i know wsup... what to do.. and what not to do while the warranty is still valid.
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

azn2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
personally, i'm more into styling then anything else. so i'd say keep with what you got cuz ur car is off da hook. but if you're in it for the speed, go for the SI. i think it's ugly, but to you it may look decent. eventually, i think you could do an engine swap
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point

<< The new civic SI is more of a minivan than a sport compact car. Yes, they have more power now, but they have all the same problems modding as us (fuel system, new engine design, etc). The SI is going for so much money, and not very many of them being sold in comparison to the EX, that the true performance parts for the 2dr Civics will pick up faster. Companies will make parts for the types of cars in higher demand, there will be more people with the EX than the SI. Especially when you think about this: for an extra $2,500, you can have an RSX-S. Yes, they kill us now, but give it more time. You'll see countless EXs beating the crap out of the SIs. >>

What crack are you on? Theres already more mods for the base RSX (same engine, K20A3) -if you think the D17A2 is gonna get more support than the K series or even the Si you need some help.
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

Desi is an unknown quantity at this point
- those 02 HB look nice. they have a black one at my dealership and i peeked in and fell in love with those seats.
- the only physical mod i would do to the exterior is change the front bumper. other than that, those hatches look nice.
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
thank u NeoMagus
Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

RockfordFosgateBwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Yo man. what dealership made you this offer? Im sure if they did it once, they'd do it again. I think a few people from this board are gonna rush ove rnad see what the deal is. And please dont reply with the salesman really liked me or my car

RF Bwoy
Old 04-14-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw a si just yesterday in the parking lot behind my work, end up been some dude from the blood bank, he just brought it friday. he let us checked it us, it was black, 4 wheel disk breaks, side markers, black leather/bucket seats, that weird shift that he said it was the one of the best shifter he ever had "smooth" he said. but he did pay 20k+tax for it if i can choose a gain, and it had to be a civic, i would've gone with that si, looks freaking sweet!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buy the new Civic SI, give me your opinion