Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Question on putting on a sunroof on a lx

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough
Question on putting on a sunroof on a lx

well i have a 2002 civic sedan lx and i want to instal a sunroof.. the question is i found a sunroof at the junk yard and i want to know is there a different between a coupe and a sedan sunroof? is it the same ? does the lx roof has holes to screw in the sunroof or do i have to modify it by cutting the hole for the sunroof and then straight weld it on?
Old 02-20-2009
New Mod on the Block

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question on putting on a sunroof on a lx

you probably shouldn't try to do this yourself. unless i'm mistaken, the LX didnt come with a sunroof, so you're obviously are going to have to cut into the roof of your car and everything would have to line up perfectly. then you'd have to create mounting points to hold up the setup. then you're going to have to wire it and have a custom headline made. seems like a lot of hassle to have a little sun come through the roof.
Old 02-20-2009
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

Trust me having a sun roof is nice but you'll hardly use it.
Old 02-20-2009
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

^agreed.
Old 02-20-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ciVictoria
Trust me having a sun roof is nice but you'll hardly use it.
its actually a moonroof, not a sunroof. and its actually the first thing i open, even before my windows...

its also a smokers window (i use to smoke)
Old 02-20-2009
Registered!!

ADMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

A moonroof is awesome, i use it all the time if i have the chance. I would get a quote from a couple of shops to get it professionally done. You dont want it to leak or anything.
Old 02-21-2009
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

well i just wanted to know if the moonroof from the coupe and sedan are the same. cutting and welding is not the problem to me. if it doesnt turn out the way i want then im just gona cut the hole and rubberseal it wit just the glass peice only. i dont mind having a unopen sunroof lol. i just want a open roof..if u guys have any suggestion on how to then it would be very helpful.