Pin Stripes on our cars - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products
Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2002   #1
Registered!!

redsoxryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Pin Stripes on our cars

Who here got the pinstripe on their car. i did regretably, i wish i didn't. my dealer told me that the stipe is lifetime warrenty and no matter what happens they will repaint it for free. but what if i want to take it off? will they take it off for free? or maybe change the color of the stripe?

And no i haven't called my dealer i am just rambling and wondering what everyone else thinks. so don't flame me.

RedSoxRyan
redsoxryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #2
Registered!!

thundercats4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally the car i was going to get had one on it but i hate pinstripes, so i waited an extra week until they got more cars in.
thundercats4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #3
Registered!!

MikeyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, me too. When I went to pick up my vic, it had the fugly (IMO) pinstripe. I had to wait a few more days until the dealer got another EBP coupe without the damn pinstipe. I think it takes away from the look of the car.
MikeyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #4
APS
Registered!!

APS is an unknown quantity at this point
are you sure they are painted? Mine were just vinyl decal....just took them right off when i got home from the dealer
APS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #5
Registered!!

the1sthotboy is an unknown quantity at this point
with me it was a choice of their legal *** [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]85% tint OR pinstripes
-went aftermarket with illegal tint and they couldnt refund me any cash because they said it was a specification for me to buy the car so I got F\/CKED there too!!
the1sthotboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #6
Registered!!

Narflar is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine came on the car. I just haven't bothered to take them off yet. I don't even notice them half the time.
Narflar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #7
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
my EBP Coupe came with pinstripes [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] and i removed them a couple months ago...im so glad i did, they look crappy IMO. they just peeled off relatively easily but they left some damn residue since it was cold out when i removed them[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
slikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #8
Registered!!

Juggaman will become famous soon enough
I made them take the tan pinstripes off of my car before I would buy it and drive it off the lot. Still don't understand why my car has those damn fender guards on it and I didn't pay for them...
Juggaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #9
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light

<< Mine came on the car. I just haven't bothered to take them off yet. I don't even notice them half the time. >>

I'll second that. It's pretty insignificant and I don't mind. Besides, it's been over a year and it would probably leave a mark if I took it off now.
fraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #10
Registered!!

Jandree22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just peel those ugly things off!! You'll be glad you did... To help them peel, get a hair dryer and warm the tape up first. This softens up the adhesive and will not only make them easier to peel, but hopefully leave less residue.
Jandree22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #11
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
pinstipes suck

they are very 80's back when everything had factory stripes
djlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #12
Registered!!

Speedracer32 is an unknown quantity at this point
a personal DIY I'm proud of
Speedracer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #13
Registered!!

DarkCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Pinstripes are for Buicks and golfers. I made them take mine off before I'd drive the car off the lot. My GF got a new car recently with pinstipes and they are painted on! Who would take the time to paint those God-aweful things on a perfectly good car! It's a shame...
DarkCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #14
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
It depends on the dealership. My car came from a dealership that deals alot with used acura's, thus my stripes were painted on, arghhh, most higher level cars have them painted. I don't mind mine so much, but yeah Jugger, I got them damn fender guards too without paying, though I guess they might help with door dings an stuff here at school. Peace
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002   #15
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah mine are painted on too! I want them off and I even have a little pinstrip H emblem on mine. I haven't see anyone else with it! I might keep that but I want the stripe off!!
robbclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote