Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Who has universal APEXI N1 and custom piping?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
netcbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Who has universal APEXI N1 and custom piping?

did you get the turbo model or the na model,
crap i got the turbo model

damn its 3 inlet!! i thought that was the outlet, when they were giving me the description, so now i'm pretty screwed i think, or am i?
because most custom piping is 2.5 or 2.25 right? so what the heck am i gonig to do with 3" inlet??
Old 03-26-2002
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
haha, 3" inlet, dont know what to tell ya, sell it and get another one?? maybe
i dont know
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

crudeeeee....... is 80 mm inlet = 3" ??? crap maybe i can trade at the store
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

delacampos is an unknown quantity at this point
just have them add a reducer at the muffler shop
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

cvc2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you bring it to a professional muffler shop they should be able to make an adapter for you... like 3inch to 2inch.. juss tell them you want to install the muffler... they should make the fitting for you as a part of the procedure... so dont bring it up... they might charge you more... juss bring it to them and tell them to install it... prolly charge you no more then $25 labor to install a muffler. oh yeah... the machine is powered up by air compressor.... it bends pipes basicly... so enlarging a pipe to the correct size wouldnt be a problem.
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

k
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point

<< if you bring it to a professional muffler shop they should be able to make an adapter for you... like 3inch to 2inch.. juss tell them you want to install the muffler... they should make the fitting for you as a part of the procedure... so dont bring it up... they might charge you more... juss bring it to them and tell them to install it... prolly charge you no more then $25 labor to install a muffler. oh yeah... the machine is powered up by air compressor.... it bends pipes basicly... so enlarging a pipe to the correct size wouldnt be a problem. >>

cost of installing a muffler totally varies between places. here in seattle, it costed my $125. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

ok thanks good advice, thats what my friend was telling me, that the whole point of "custom piping" is that its "custom"........ so its part of their job to make it fit and stuff, ok cool guys! I was freaking but still freaking because i don't want a crazy huge muffler, but we'll see
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

you dont have to change your whole exhuast system unless you want a true exhuast system. you can just install the muffler and use your stock CAT. i believe this is a procedure. 1. remove your stock muffler 2. cut your stock muffler inlet 3. custom make an adapter from your stock inlet diameter to your new 3inch diameter muffler 4. weld the stock inlet onto the adapter then to your 3inch inlet muffler 5. install the new muffler w/ OEM inlet onto your stock cat 6. weld new muffler brackets to hang your new muffler.

Basicly thats the procedure to install your new FART CAN! haha
or you can have them custom a whole new CAT from your headers.

hope this helps.

Jay
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

<<

<< if you bring it to a professional muffler shop they should be able to make an adapter for you... like 3inch to 2inch.. juss tell them you want to install the muffler... they should make the fitting for you as a part of the procedure... so dont bring it up... they might charge you more... juss bring it to them and tell them to install it... prolly charge you no more then $25 labor to install a muffler. oh yeah... the machine is powered up by air compressor.... it bends pipes basicly... so enlarging a pipe to the correct size wouldnt be a problem. >>

cost of installing a muffler totally varies between places. here in seattle, it costed my $125. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
>>

yea it all depends... but installing a new muffler only takes less then 30minutes. I bring my car to an Asian mechanic up here in san jose. At that shop, they charge only $55 for a generic muffler installed. I assume it will cost no more then $25 for labor. Remember back then when COMBAT KITS were in style? It costed my friend $50 to do this.. 1. cut the inlet of his Greddy SP muffler 2. cut the tip of his Greddy SP muffler 3. flip the muffler 4. enlarge the inlet and the tip so it slides right back onto the pipe 5. weld everything back together.
The COMBAT KIT was designed poorly. the two wholes on the rear bumper doesnt even line up with the exhuast so this procedure was needed inorder for any muffler to be mounted with that kit. oh yeah.. this was on the 6th gen civic.
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

fart cannons eh? no i don't want that [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

i want go stock pipe with muffler, thats kinda whack, i'll go with custom, hopefully pricing will beo k
Old 05-02-2002
Registered!!

HitlistCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
i just got my Apex N1 muffler installed two days ago. yeh it took no more than 30 minutes. woulda been faster but they kept getting phone calls. anyway the sound of it is kinda annoying to me already...i was hoping for a deeper tone. but i drive it so well that its not loud and that i dont annoy my neighborhood. 2.25'' piping. hey what color muffler did you get? mines BLUE
Old 05-02-2002
Registered!!

bo0sT is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the apexi n1 (green) but i have the hp header w/hi flow cat and magnaflow cat back.. it actually makes a pretty bad a$$ sound!
Old 05-02-2002
Registered!!

hey what flow header you using?
Old 05-02-2002
Registered!!

wh3nw0rdsesc4pe is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the NA model, take a look at the pic in my thread in General Ramblings...