Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Viper alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicS is an unknown quantity at this point
Viper alarm?

anyone know what are the Viper brand for 2k2 civic alarm.... , price range between 100~200, especially alarm sound or tone is nice. Currently I had OEM alarm, it sux....and annoying. I want to get rip of it.......anyone help !!!

also, is there any problems if we get aftermarket alarm, like wire harms.....ect. Cause I heard people said OEM used for long. Is this true?

thank you ALL
Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Sup..

I
d highly reccomend visiting a shop that installs alarms and get more info from them.they'd know [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]..

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

ELTsanwich is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a Viper 500 ESP with motion detector and it works great!
Old 03-24-2002
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
i also have a Viper 500 ESP but whats a motion detector, i think the place that installed my alarm did a horrible job, my sensor sucks!! i can literally bang on my windows, and kick my car, and the alarm wont go off. or even chirp, anyone know how to adjust the sensor to be more sensitive.
Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

CivicPro01 is an unknown quantity at this point
How much did the alarm cost you?
Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

CIVIC808 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< anyone know how to adjust the sensor to be more sensitive >>

if you got the viper shock sensor take a small flat tip screwdriver and increase it's sensitivity.(it's a small clear square box with 3 wires)if it's maxed all the way relocate the sensor somewhere else. best place i know is the thick wire harness thats under the steering wheel.tie strap it there tight and try it out.
Old 03-24-2002
Registered!!

CrankinCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
good place for shock sensor , and viper systems have 4 wires coming off the shock sensor .. red, black and blue and green ..
12v , ground, instant trigger, and on that will give a warn away .. hence 2 stage shock sensor .. and i have a 550 .. install them way to o much .. the new range on dei products rocks. the viper 300 is the basic alarm ... door locks, siren , dual stage out board shock , the viper 600 is higher up , basically it allows for more expandability , the 550 is the only one that is a alarm remote start. ... unless you count viper ( dei) they also own clifford, avatial , and with there stereo portion they own ppi, Orion, ADS.. so ... its a good alarm , very installer/user friendly ...
Old 03-25-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep in mind that you guys do not have motion sensors. You have shock sensors. They are designed to trigger shocks to the car such as a breaking window. They should not go off by a simple rocking of the car, such as a heavy wind blowing it. However, it does sound like you shock sensor it set too low. Motion sensors are usually infared sensors that detect movement in/around your car!
Old 03-25-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
viper also has the option of the proximity(sp?) sensor which suppose be allow you to keep ur window down even ur car is parked, and once someone reachs into your car, it'll go off
Old 03-25-2002
Registered!!

You are absolutely correct. Viper (DEI) has loads of additional sensors you can add. They have Invisibeam proximity sensors, they have glass break sensors, window roll up down sensors, voice moduls, water sensors (rolls up your windows if it senses water), shock sensory, closed loop sensors... (basically a chain and if you open the loop it sets off the alarm) used to bikes on a bike rack etc... Basically DEI is the best in vehicle security IMO.
Old 03-25-2002
Registered!!

yes if someone walks by your car and you have a prox sensor it will go off... i like the idea of the prox sensor, but i think they way they are right now they are too worthless.. anything can false it .. which can be sone by a shock to a point as well, so if you like prox sensors and you like it , im not doggin you out , im giving my prof opinion. if you like it good for you . dont let anyone change your mind ..
Old 03-25-2002
Registered!!

Proximity sensors are a great idea, however, most people feel that they have to have them trigger when someone gets near your car. Generally you try and set the warning tone of the prox sensor to give off a warning beep when someone is within a few inches of your car. NOT just walking buy it. When I had my proximity sensor in my Accord (I will eventually put it in my civic) I had it set where it wouldn't trigger until you were just about in the car. I.E. if you put your hand in my window, it will trigger my alarm and actiivate my 530T and 529T and roll up my windows and sunroof.
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

CivicS is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone had Viper 100 ESP installed, costs like $149 in CA, I wonder if Viper 100 work well or not on our 2k2 civic?,....does it have good alarm tone, like setting an alarm and setting off......I want to replace my OEM alarm to those Viper. Opinion please........

thank you
Old 03-26-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Get yourself a Clifford alarm! Been looking for a new alarm myself and I havent found 1 bad review for the Cliffords (though all the dealers I've been talking to are saying they are all the same now since DEI bought out Clifford). But I figure, might as well get myself a really good one and spend the money now instead of getting a so-so one and having to spend the money later for stolen parts.

Check out what they have at DEI

-Kre
Old 03-29-2002
Registered!!

XVR4667 is an unknown quantity at this point
I disagree...about Clifford...I don't think they aren't worth the price! (Unless DEI totally reengineered it). My wife had one a couple years ago and it sucked for the price... it had no range on the remote. The Viper is my fourth alarm and it has been the best bang for the buck!! It has really good range...I was definitely surprised!! And I love the remote start option!!!
Old 03-29-2002
Registered!!

thundercats4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my Viper 600 for $195 installed.
Old 03-29-2002
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its all about a Clifford 600 with all the options, and the Data Port Replicator to control, and moniter the car with your laptop. Dont get viper, get Clifford.
Old 03-31-2002
Registered!!

DEI has had that for years, its called a bitwriter. And I can pretty much guarantee you that Clifford will soon be switching to the bitwriter since they have been bought by DEI.
Old 03-31-2002
Registered!!

Ritz is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to have a Viper alarm but I took it out because everytime I'd be standing in a parking lot talking to my friends and looking at cars, if someone had there stereo bumping my alarm would go off.
Old 04-01-2002
Registered!!

Rtiz,

then you shouldh have brought it back to where you had it instaled and had them turn the shock down ... Viper is a respectable brand and very good at what they do . i rarely have seen dei products have defects, i think in the 4-5 years i have been puttin them in i have seen 2 or 3 just go off the wall ..
Old 04-01-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point

<< DEI has had that for years, its called a bitwriter. And I can pretty much guarantee you that Clifford will soon be switching to the bitwriter since they have been bought by DEI. >>

Clifford Matrix [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

-Kre