Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

01-05 Sedan LED tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicSky is an unknown quantity at this point
01-05 Sedan LED tail lights

What do you think about these tails for 01-05 sedan? The Taiwan manufacturer claim that they try to make the lights look like the tails of Mercedes S350. However, I am not quite feeling it. If they could just stay with the JDM look with LED brake lights, I think I would consider bringing some to the States just like the good old GB days. Anyway, they are charging $195 for a set.
Tell me what you think about them. I'd like to know your opinions on the lights even though I don't think of buying for the price they are charging now.

Last edited by CivicSky; 04-03-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough
Re: 01 Sedan LED tail lights

i really like those a lot
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

Re: 01 Sedan LED tail lights

I back out because of the price. They just came out like a month ago in Taiwan. I don't know. May wait until the price drops.
Old 04-03-2007
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
Re: 01-05 Sedan LED tail lights

those are not bad at all... they look a bit better than the other led tails that were around a while back. those are pretty close to stock, actually. i'd be interested but i like my 05's and they are paid for
Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

cdanimatrix is an unknown quantity at this point

So where could i find these?
Old 04-04-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

wow holy crap those look terrible
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

Is there any other kind of tails with LED? I am not really a big fan of LED but I just want different look after some time. Those are temporily out of budget. By the way, those tails are everywhere now on Taiwan auction sites (e.g. Yahoo Taiwan...)

Last edited by CivicSky; 04-04-2007 at 01:26 AM. Reason: more info
Old 04-04-2007
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light

**** that i'd rather keep my jdm tails those are god awful.
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

PasswordJDM tails FTMFW!!!
Old 04-04-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hmm somethings wrong. maybe if they made the led parts bigger and pushed the signal/reverse light to the bottom... the proportions dont match and makes them look really weird. not liking the "vent" design either.
Old 04-04-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

blech..
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

TheMoogly is on a distinguished road

my altezzas are better.. and that isnt saying much
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps look into the spider light led bulbs? thats what i was thinking of doing when i get around to my tailights.
Old 04-04-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
hmm somethings wrong. maybe if they made the led parts bigger and pushed the signal/reverse light to the bottom... the proportions dont match and makes them look really weird. not liking the "vent" design either.
That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw those. Plus, that things cost $195 to ship here. Don't mention about any additional fee and stuff. They don't have to make anything similar to Mercedes, instead, they can make something more like a Honda.
Old 04-04-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i know really, any one of us could design something better. that just looks like it doesnt match the car. if they moved the stuff down and just did open turn and backup without the lines, it would be nice.
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alpha 5
PasswordJDM tails FTMFW!!!
lol those are sweet...they look clean but not $319 clean. I could replace all my speakers, or get some sound proofing done for that money.
Old 04-16-2007
Registered!!

filipinoguy05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like my meatballs the way they are thanks
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

hybridcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

I have these on my car and I think they look great. A little different than the norm, but not to radical.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	left side.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	70830   Click image for larger version

Name:	right side.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	70831   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	70832  
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

hybridcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Here are some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rear alarm set.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	70848   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear alarm set with amber led.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	70849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear amber leds.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	70850   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear clean.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	70851   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear shot of all.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	70852  

Old 05-03-2007
Premium Member

hmm not too bad on the car. it does look like special hybrid lights tho lol
Old 05-04-2007
Registered!!

They look better when they are installed on the car than the demo pictures by themselves. They definitely change the way your car's look. Good choice!
Old 05-04-2007
Premium Member

i just got done installing my led top mount piece

Old 05-04-2007
Registered!!

0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough

I found some similar looking except for the coupe. I believe they look a lot better than those sedan ones people are posting. If they had something for the sedan similar to these then they might look good.

Old 05-04-2007
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

this sedan led tails is one of the better aftermarket ones to come out for 7thgen sedans IMO. I kinda like it, but like what others said, they shouldve made the light look more proportional to the OEM ones. They seem to be cheaping out on the number of LEDs also.
Old 05-05-2007
Premium Member

it seems that the common trend for selling products is to design it away from oem look. they dont realize that clean look is also important to some people.
Old 05-05-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^yah.. people with taste

I'm still kindof skeptical of the look on these tails.. maybe it's all the lines going through the reverse lights/blinkers
Old 05-06-2007
Registered!!

Gearbox, you once again did something amazing!!!
Old 05-14-2007
Registered!!

Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough

Hey guys im thinking of purchasing those coupe led tails on tuesday. I was wondering though...how the turn signal light will look...with that chromish housing..is there a way to black it out like front headlights or I should just not touch it lol
Old 05-14-2007
Premium Member

well, the orange bulb will reflect in the housing. they do have alot of silver coated bulb that will blend in and look clear yet still light amber. im still in the process of finding the best ones cause alot of em are too dim due to thick coatings.
Old 05-14-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CivicSky
Gearbox, you once again did something amazing!!!

hahah... just wait untill the beginning of summer....

rice boi has something to share too...and its led

Quick Reply: 01-05 Sedan LED tail lights