Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

03-05 JDM Sedan Tails Signals?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007
I like my commute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
03-05 JDM Sedan Tails Signals?

*Edit* Pics on pg. 2

So I'm getting 03-05 JDM tails for my sedan, and I was wondering if I need to get amber turn bulbs for them. I'm reasonably sure NH state laws say they need to be amber, does anyone know if I need to replace the stock bulb? or if the stock one reflects amber in these tails?

here's a pic:

Last edited by Kevbotron; 03-24-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-23-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
From looking at at, the lens is white so the stock (white) bulb will show white. You'll need an amber bulb if you want it to show amber. I got amber bulbs for my tails at AutoZone. Just get the light number out of the book and look for the amber lights with the same number. I had to go to 3 or 4 stores to find them. The ones I finally got, there was a separate display with purples and reds and oranges.
Old 02-23-2007
Registered!!

SedanDriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet lights, where did you get those from? I want a set for my Vic.
Old 02-23-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
^I got them from a member on here, on the F/S section.. they sell them on JDM Honda Parts, JDM Honda Engines / JDM Nissan Motor Swaps, Used JDM Parts - Password JDM too ($$$ tho)

Originally Posted by bobsagator
From looking at at, the lens is white so the stock (white) bulb will show white. You'll need an amber bulb if you want it to show amber. I got amber bulbs for my tails at AutoZone. Just get the light number out of the book and look for the amber lights with the same number. I had to go to 3 or 4 stores to find them. The ones I finally got, there was a separate display with purples and reds and oranges.
darnit, I kinda figured are they cheap? maybe I could get some extra bright ones... hrmmm.
Old 02-23-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
i got mine from passwordjdm but yeah its a clear bulb in there and itll flash clear
Old 02-23-2007
I like my commute

^thanks man, Napa here I come, does anyone know off hand what size bulb they take for an 04?
Old 02-23-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
should be the same as the usdm tail lights i dont see a reason why it would be different
Old 02-23-2007
I like my commute

Alright cool thanks for your help guys
Old 02-23-2007

chugster is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought the stock bulbs are yellow b/c when i changed my out my tails, i switched on the turn signals to see what color the stock bulbs were and they were yellow.
Old 02-23-2007
I like my commute

ok now I'm officially confused anyone else have experience w/ these tails?
Old 02-23-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Here are my stock bulbs in the package the amber bulbs came in, actually still in my glove box. I guarantee they are white. The bulb number is 7443. Why would they put yellow bulbs behind a red lens?

Old 02-23-2007
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Stock bulb should be 7440 (white) For clear lense would need 7440A.(amber)
Old 02-23-2007
I like my commute

OK I'm convinced I have to get the amber bulbs (7440A) I'd rep you guys but I'm powerless

I'll post pics once they're on the car too
Old 02-23-2007
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
true jdm oem 03-05 tails have a black inner housing inside under the red and a clear turn signal but a red reflector...the ones in the pix are either replica or outside of japan in other parts of asia...

this is the jdm one

Old 02-23-2007
I like my commute

they are a HOP, (says honda on the inside) but they are probably TDM or something
Old 03-09-2007
Registered!!

CivicSky is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, the tails you have is mfg by Depo at Taiwan. I and over 30 other happy members here already have them installed. You either need 2 red or 2 amber 7440 bulbs in order to get them work.
Old 03-09-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
autopartshouse on ebay sells really good amber glass 7440 bulb, or you can stop by the honda dealer and get the SI turn bulbs.
Old 03-09-2007
I like my commute

^ I like that idea Gear.. the Si bulbs.. is there anything particularly special about the Si turn bulbs? any brighter?
Old 03-21-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 03-05 JDM Sedan Tails Signals?

they are just regular 7440 amber. well they are special in that the glass is colored, not coated. so it wont peel off. same with the cycolite ones.
Old 03-21-2007
I like my commute

is that what you put in yours? I think I'll do this project this weekend
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

SEVYN is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck with it!
Old 03-21-2007
I like my commute

thanks and I'll post some pics in here too
Old 03-21-2007
Premium Member

im using the cycolite brand from autopartshouse, natural amber. same as the front 7443 so i wanted a perfect match.
Old 03-24-2007
I like my commute

got em' on! and I also got the approval of some 8y/o's haha... I went to 3 auto parts places who didn't have the 7440A bulb!.. will probably go to Honda later...

let me know what you guys think!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tails.jpg
Views:	2423
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	70209

Name:	tails2.jpg
Views:	2690
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	70210

Name:	tails3.jpg
Views:	2199
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	70211
Old 03-26-2007
Registered!!

Those look very nice, and better with the bumper on...lol.
Old 03-26-2007
I like my commute

^hah thanks man... I ended up going to 4 auto parts places that didnt have the 7440A bulb, so I had them order them, and I'm gonna get them today
Old 03-26-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

thats nice kevin... actually something looks good on ur car now
Old 03-26-2007
I like my commute

BURNNN
Old 03-26-2007
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

nice...the 7440 bulb size rarely comes in amber...most auto parts stores dont carry amber bulbs in 7440 because the cars that use them have lights with a red or amber lense rather than clear...like the ukdm coupe tail lights have a clear turn signal lense with an amber bulb or the 04-05 ep3 tails have that bulb
Old 03-26-2007
I like my commute

yeah lol the guy at the shop was like do you have euro tail lights? and I'm like no they're JDM y0! jk

Quick Reply: 03-05 JDM Sedan Tails Signals?