Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

I am a Newbie and don't know what to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MCivicExSedanV is an unknown quantity at this point
I am a Newbie and don't know what to do

I know you guys probably don't care but i want to add some parts to my 2k1 civic (automatic trans.) but i don't know what to do.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] i have researched and looked around but not much of it makes sense since i don't know jack about cars. so i was wondering if somebody could help me out on what i can add to generally add performance. After i get some performance i will move on to looks and I.C.E[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
The basics - the first three things you want to do are Intake, Header, and then cat-back exhaust. Usually in that order.
They really don't do much until you combine all three......then you will feel the difference more. Start off with that.....
for your car, you can get the AEM Short Ram intake (short tube) or the Injen Short Ram.......you could also get the Injen Cold Air Intake (long tube)
which places the filter outside the engine bay...the short ram versions will have a short tube with the filter residing inside your engine bay.
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

importspd is an unknown quantity at this point
you know what, save your money and buy a venom nitrous kit or a wait til a turbo or supercharger comes out and get one of those, but if you insist on doing the typical intake, headers, exhaust...make sure you get a performance chip sometime along the way
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

how long will it take for a supercharge or turbo?.. i don't know about getting nos. ill blow myself up
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

SLiCKGreeK is an unknown quantity at this point
importspd..theres a chip out for are car?i know theres a jetchip, which reprograms are ecu..but i didnt know there was a performance chip???Give me some info on that..thanx
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

SugarRay is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey,

Well, I'm assuming your on a tight budget. So, its basically one thing at a time...

Just like what was previously said, I would get the Intake/Header/Exhaust for little preformance.

Then I would work with the suspension, lowering your car. Strut Bars and new Wheels/Tires.

You could also get some pulleys.

Take a look at the parts section for actual prices and the different brands of the products. But with everything listed above your looking at well over $1000.00, and depending on the brands, your at the $2000.00 range.

So then again, you might best serve to save and wait until the Turbo (If it will ever come out, dammit) and you can be a "sleeper"

Ray
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup Yup...and NOS should be a last thing as well in my opinion...after I get everything for my car I want, engine wise, I will then throw on a 50 shot or something....who knows [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

speedx3 is an unknown quantity at this point
This make me curious, why dont go with a manual in the first place is u want your car to perform better??

anyway, our car are slow anyway, we have to admit that, so putting in a big junk of money on power mod wont make
ur car fly ( it's still a civic, probable will get smoked by a base RSX..........)

so, for some driving fun, I would say do the suspension, like, tires/wheels, strut bar, tower bar, sway bar, sway bar, coil-over....
stuff like that....

dont worry about getting your car lighter, (big waste of money, in my opinion) just kick the passenger off the car while u want to race....

then at least you can be faster in a corner and the people behind you will say "WOW"
and the most important stuff is, learn to drive probably...( a NSX is useless for a Learner)

P.S. if u insit to do a power mod, save some money do to a RSX-S engine swap (if it fits, im not sure)
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

i didnt get a manual because my parents bought me the car, or else i would have. i'm not really looking to give it a huge boost in power. but if i put a intake/header/exhaust for $1500 i will get like what 15hp? but a super or turbo or nos will give me like 50hp right?