Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

best intake/exhaust/header combo?...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002
that little dude
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
best intake/exhaust/header combo?...

with the least amount of noise[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
i'm obviously a noob on this board, and i dont know crap about cars, so i would appreciate all help. i was at www.ptuning.com and i saw some dc ceramic header for $250 or whatever, and it said that it adds 12-14hp, is that for an ex auto? the site didn't specifiy. also, i would like suggestions on a good intake and exhaust setup. but i dont want something thats too noisy, i dont want to be heard from a mile away, but some sound(especially at high rpm's) would be cool. how about installation, is it easy to install this stuff? i really suck at technical stuff.
i am also looking at a front strut bar, lower springs, rims, and headlights(white bulbs, i dont like the pale yellow stock bulbs, but i dont want the blue ones also)
i know that i asked too many questions, but i just want to make sure i dont do anything wrong. this seems like a great site and i saw some of the members ride, wow
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
for you AEM Short Ram Intake. DC Sports 4-2-1 Headers. Magnaflow Cat-back with Magnaflow Silencer insert.

Shoould give you a decent HP increase and keep your low end torque resonably.

Cheers
Mohawk

Edit: The DC Sports header does give 12-15 HP increase..but not on Civics.. Ona civic with Intake, Headers and Exhaust.. expect a small loss in low end torque, and about 5-8 HP gain for everything.

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point

<< for you AEM Short Ram Intake. DC Sports 4-2-1 Headers. Magnaflow Cat-back with Magnaflow Silencer insert.
>>

Injen CAI, HP Header, DC TCS.

Does DC make a 4-2-1?? I thought it was just a 4-1??
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

Jc20unc is an unknown quantity at this point
hey slick...
deffinatly go with Injen CAI i've had mine for awhile and it is great easy install too

i haven't looked at headers yet but i would wait for another company to release one cuz the ones out right now don't do a whole lot

as far as exhaust i am awaiting the release of Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust...it is supposed to be loud tho but comes with silencer insert so?? it was supposed to be released in janurary but it is getting put off till march i believe..it should be the most hp increase for our car

front strut i would say neuspeed but there are alot out there

as far as lowering springs i would say eibach but alot of people on here go with ground control i think i dunno...i am lookin at getting Eibachs Pro Kit drop it an inch and won't need new struts plus i live in mountains so lower drop would make me scrape like a mother...

rims its your personal taste alot of peps have rims on here if u want to see look on our car i would stick with 17s i got 16s because i wanted to keep speed up but if i did it again i would go 17 and for bulbs get hyper whites or something like that
peace...
good luck with your mods!
Old 02-21-2002
Registered!!

uicmedruss is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone heard a magnaflow with a silencer insert in it? I've never seen one, but I've heard that they sound like crap...personally, I love the sound of my magnaflow catback without a silencer...it's not too loud, and that was my biggest requirement when I made that upgrade...
Old 02-21-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Best I/H/E combo, power wise?
Intake: Injen SRI or AEM CAI
Header: DC
Exhaust: DC TCS
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

Grifter is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldnt worry about all that exhaust stuff... no combination is worth the money right now.... this may sound ricy but work on the apperance for now.. maybe get n2o... work on suspension. after you spend all that money... you'll have to wait awhile savin up more money before you can do anything else anywaz.. and by then there should be some better products out with proven results from memmebrs on the forum....
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

bo0sT is an unknown quantity at this point
i've heard good things about HP racings 4-1 header w/ racing pipe. what have you guys heard?
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

01Ex is an unknown quantity at this point
aem cai
hp header with cat
DC TCS
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
What's with the CAI's his cars an AUTO!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG].. hence the SRI reccomendation.

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

VanDizKo is an unknown quantity at this point
Injen CAI has EX Auto and Manual, wait for 4-1 w/ high flow cat release to get rid of the stock cat (NOT HP racing header) and Tanabe Super R Med all out hp and silencer for deep tone but will loose hp.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]