Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

ATTN: antidote11 concerning your springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SiRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
ATTN: antidote11 concerning your springs

Hi,
I noticed you have the Goldline Springs. Mine just came in today [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] I was wondering if you have any pics of them on your car? Do you still have the 15" rims or did you get your 17"'s yet. How much gap is there between the tire and the fender? Are you having any problem with the stock struts?
Thanks a lot for your help.

I can't wait to get mine installed [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
No, I don't have pics yet, but I will take some this weekend for sure and post them!!
I still have the 15" Konigs with the 205/50-15 Kumhos on my car.....Hopefully I will be getting some
17's here in the near future !!

With the 205/50 tire, there is maybe about .75" - 1" of tire gap.....it is exactly where I wanted it to be, and if my
calculations are correct, it will be the same with a 205/40-17 tire, so I am thinking that will look really sweet.
I haven't had any trouble with the stock struts yet at all, and was told by my performance shop that they should last for quite some time....(thousands of miles) - plenty of time for me to save up and get some Koni's or Tokico's. I am about to bail and go to lunch, and I will get an exact measurement of the tire gap vs. the sidewall height and post it when I get back from lunch, in about an hour and let you know exactly what it is.....Talk to you then....but yes, you will love the Goldlines, the ride is really nice and the lowering is perfect - 1.5".
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

Hey
Thanks for the info, can't wait to see the pics of your car with the springs.
talk to you later
I think i am going to go with tokicos when they come it

thanks [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man, what's up...yeh I might go with the Tokico's myself, but I am torn between the Koni's and Tokico's.

But I measured my wheel well gap and it is exactly 1.5" in the front and in the back....I thought the front was a little lower, but they are identical, which is great because the front appears to be lower, so that rocks !!
My 205/50's are approx. 1.97" tall. Technically, you are supposed to have equal to or less the sidewall height in wheel well gap.
Meaning if the tire sidewall is 2" tall, the wheel well gap should be 2" or less. Keep that in mind, and your car will look nice as hell.
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

Hey
I think I am going to go with the 205/40/17's. Do you think that will look good with these springs, or will there be too much gap?
I appreciate the help
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]