DC SPORTS STRUT TOWER LOOSE - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2002   #31  
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Those attaching rings are really thick. And there is no length adjustment? That's maybe the reason forr the higher cost. Other companies can use an adjustable bar with different ring mounts.
Bartkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002   #32  
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
Grey ... you da MAN !!! Thanks ! That's what mine looks like, maybe a little shorter. It's been bugging me since I installed it. I've worked around airplanes for over 14 years, and all the thread type fasteners I've seen should have at least 1 whole thread showing past the end of the nut. Now I'm not going to worry about it anymore.
BAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002   #33  
Premium Member

Should still probably check the torque since you have the wrench.
Old 02-07-2002   #34  
BAK
Registered!!

Thanks.. Bartkat. Hey, I'm getting the Prokit also, I'm just waiting for either the KYB or Tokico's to come out! The roads here in East Texas $uck, so I don't want to drop it too much. I think the prokit is about the perfect drop.
Old 02-08-2002   #35  
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about

<< And there is no length adjustment? >>

No, there is. There's this ball and joint socket that threads in and out and has a locking nut. That's what I was talking about earlier. I made it as long as possible and then pulled on it as hard as I could to get the bolt through. That got rid of the slack.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002   #36  
Premium Member

Thanks Grey. I coulnd't tell about the adjustment in the pics.

BAK. My springs should come next week. I may keep them in the box until the Kokico's come out too. On the other hand I may get excited and put them on anyway. The guy that works on my car is an old Goodyear buddy and he says he will put the springs on for $100. Does that sound about right? He's got a new shop of his own and has a great lift and alingnment machine. He's always done a good job o my cars lower half, even when he worked at the Goodyear store. LOL

Gotta have that handling and I also think the prokit drop is about right for a daily driver and traveling car.
Old 02-08-2002   #37  
BAK
Registered!!

Bartkat - Yeah .. I've been debating on just going ahead and installing the Prokit, then later do the shocks and chamber kits. I guess you've got to have an alignment after you install the springs ? Yeah $100 is pretty good for having someone else install them. Jotech in Dallas wants $350 for the springs installed. I can get the springs for $200, so it looks like they charge $150 for install.
Old 02-08-2002   #38  
Premium Member

I'm afraid we may be in for a long wait for any shocks and struts other than koni's. When Harvey did my Firebird struts and shocks he did both front and rear alignment and that car still tracks better than it ever did.

I figure with the improvements from the strut bars, that the springs should make the car handle really well. What with just about a 1" drop, the stock shocks should hold up for quite awhile.