Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Need your Wisdom

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PeArlHoNdA is an unknown quantity at this point
Need your Wisdom

Im looking to get the Black Widow 2 body kit for my 2001 civic and was wondering what the general word was on these body kits, also ill be doin extensive work on the exterior of the car within the next 2 months and "minor" engine tweaks and i was wondering what r some of the best products to get such as exhaust/intakes/headlights/spoilers etc etc. Money has very little option and my knowledge of cars is limited but since getting my civic im trying to learn the import scene and could use advice. I would be very thankful

PeArLhOnDa
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you a cop dude....?

I'm joking, I like to kid around. Man you asked a pretty broad question there...
you are going to get all kinds of responses on this one.

In my opinion.....I would never get a body kit, except for the OEM Kit...I think the kits out now look
kinda lame on our civics and sometimes they don't fit that great, and that sucks !!

Headlights = Clear the stock ones, they look nice. Or pay $300 for some Ions that really don't look that great.
Intake = Either a AEM or Injen, Preferably a Cold Air.
Exhaust = IMO, the best is the Greddy EVO or the DC TCS Exhaust.
Spoiler = There are tons to choose from, just find one you like....
Headers = Either the DC Sports Header or the HP Racing Header.

Did I miss anything ?
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Dunno what to tell you about the kit... I dunno anyone who has it in particular, but you can Private Message peeps if you find any that have it in their member's rides.

As for parts, I can just recommend the AEM CAI if you have a 5-speed Civic. So far, it's the only recommendable part out.
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

i dunno man, i love body kits but thats y was curious cause of certain kits not fitting our cars. I think u mentioned everything my friend that i was asking about, i just dont know much bout cars cept to drive them...so lame. Just wanted info from the wsier, want my car to be top notch....it doesnt need my ignorance to screw with it.

btw...Dad was a cop, im FAR from being a cop....but hope that helps ya lol

PeArLhOnDa
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have an auto, go with the Injen CAI.
Old 02-05-2002

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ImmortalEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Generally there is alot to think about w/ a body kit. Do you plan on lowering your car? What kind of look do you want. You want a complete kit or mix & match. Fiberglass or Urethane? A bunch of crap like that.

Anyway, its all in what look you are going for. I have heard good things about the real black widow kits, but I cant say much for the imitations. I would get a urethane body kit (fiberglass doesnt hold up as well when you bump a curb, etc, and is lighter) then determine how much drop you want, if any. IMO, having a kit & not lowering your car just adds to its ugly factor. Personally I like the Kaminari kit (minus the hood). it flows with the design of the car IMO. But there are alot of kits out there. Look in the parts section & browse around.

As far as the best products, that varies. Some will tell you that HP Headers are the **** & others will say DC is the best. But all in all, these are somewhat expensive because you are paying for a brand name either way. Talk to people, read as many posts as possible regarding what parts you are looking for. Reading what is posted here (mostly 7th gens) or other sites like this one (which probably do not have as many 7th gens) will let you know the scoop on the parts you are interested in. Of course the company that is selling them is going to tell you that their intake will give you 20 more hp. Which is BS. They dont tell you it was dyno'd in Antarctica w/ the hood off w/ fans w/ every other part they sell on the car as well. That is what DC Sports likes to do. Do your homework & research the parts you are interested in, then research the prices on the net compared to your local shops. Be smart cuz you are going to look like a complete idiot when someone asks you how much you bought your intake for & you tell them $400 because you didnt do your homework.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

oblivious9 is an unknown quantity at this point
The tsunami kit is tight!!!
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

oblivious9 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< The tsunami kit is tight!!! >>

link
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

Amphiprion is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM!!!!! (the front piece at least).
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

Yea i plan on lowering mine, especially since i hate the way the trunk is alittle jacked up than the front. I saw the Octane b-kits and they r tight cept i dont like all the grill showing in the front, but i did like the hood, the BW2 hood just makes a honda look damn mean IMO. I will chk out the Kaminari and tsunami kits and see whats up with them. Can u find them through this site or u guys have links to them? personally the biggest problem ive had is trying to find badass white rims.....ill find some but they will have another color added to them like gold or red around the center which totally clashes with my car.....so far that has been the most frustrating thing. I appreciate all the help thus far peeps.

PeArLhOnDa
Old 02-07-2002

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ImmortalEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out the parts section for other kits, try this link for the Kaminari Kit