Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

fiber glass/abs plastic filler

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
fiber glass/abs plastic filler

Hi,

I have my RS body kits for nearly 3 years, I might have installed the side skirt too tight that now there are 1/2 inch crack on the side.

Are here people with experience fixing ABS plastic cracks? Are there some kind of ABS plastic filler that I can use to fill and glue the crack up?

What is your suggestions?

thanks!
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

showrides.tk is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can't fix it let me know and i will try to get you something cheap. I feel bad for people who buy parts that break so i will work with you if you ever need anything. Hopefully you can just use some kind of filler but if not let me know. Sorry I couldn't really help you with your question.
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

showrides.tk is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can't fix it let me know and i will try to get you something cheap. I feel bad for people who buy parts that break so i will work with you if you ever need anything. Hopefully you can just use some kind of filler but if not let me know. Sorry I couldn't really help you with your question.
Old 04-17-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
use 40/40 plastic weld. that will fix it fast and it bonds to the plastic and actaully becomes part of the abs it is applied to. its like $30 for the kit. and it works great.
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
hi,

thanks you all,

about the filler, or the 40/40 plastic weld...what brand are they? how do we call them exactly when I go to Napa and ask for it?
Old 04-19-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
the stuff is 40/40 plastic weld, there are a bunch of diffrent companies that make it. i use dura weld. you can get it on the internet.