Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Neuspeed Sway Bars are out NOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
artychris is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed Sway Bars are out NOW!!!

description: Part #

25mm Front bushing kit 15.20.25
19mm Rear bar 25.20.19.6

Front lower tie bar (aluminum) 45.20.68P
Upper Rear tie bar (black & polished) 80.20.77 <-- Black
Lower Rear tie bar (black & polished) 45.20.84 <-- Black

N2 Headers (ceramic) TBA

Hey All, my friend got the new Neuspeed 2001/2002 catalog. If you want to be the first with the sways, upper & lower tie bars e-mail Mark @ Tasukemoto@hotmail.com His prices are unbeatable.
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
I want a rear sway bar, tie bar and upper strut bar, wish the back was as tite up front as the front[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

Swifty is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm just curious here....are all of you just buying sway bars because you think it will help how your car handels...do you know why you need or don't need sway bars...do you feel your car oversteers?...or do you feel it understeers.....just adding swaybars is not really a good idea....understand a product before you buy it
Old 01-04-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
On the website it still says, "Currently in development". Are you sure they're out? Since I have an LX, does the rear kit come with everything I need to install it? I'm thinking that it might not, although it would be in Eibach's interest to put out a kit that had everything necessary to install it into a DX, HX, LX, and EX.

BTW, for everyone that's interested. The rear is upgraded from the stock 12mm to 19mm, so that should stiffen up the rear nicely. The front however doesn't make any sense. On www.hondaautomotiveparts.com it says, "SPRING, FR. STABILIZER (25.4MMX4.5)". That would mean that the Eibach kit is essentially the same diameter sway bar (maybe even a little less). How the hell do they expect to make a stiffer sway bar from a piece of metal that's less thick? Unless they used some other kind of material (with a higher stiffness coefficient) and they have less bends in their sway bar to stiffen it up?
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

Kion is an unknown quantity at this point
i would say his prices are very beatable.. first of all, and if you dont list prices at all then why bother even saying that? hehe

next, i dont see why you'd want to upgrade to a new front swaybar that's thicker than stock, since stiffening up the front that much will only increase understeer
Old 01-04-2002
DIY King

I thought that the sway bars in a car only affect how much the car leans to one side during cornering. I can't imagine how they affect understeer and oversteer. You're saying that if the front is stiffer than the back, then the car has a tendency to understeer, right? Then if you stiffen up the back more than the front, the car will have a tendency to oversteer. Correct? I don't see why.

Well... In any case, the front sway bar is a joke since they're practically the same as stock. Me and my LX will get the rear sway bar.
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

<< i would say his prices are very beatable.. first of all, and if you dont list prices at all then why bother even saying that? hehe >>

Kion, how can you honestly give an opinion without the facts? You can't. My friend lives at home, and he sells parts online. He has virtually no overhead costs other than paying for cable service for his computer.

<< next, i dont see why you'd want to upgrade to a new front swaybar that's thicker than stock, since stiffening up the front that much will only increase understeer >>

Ah, my bad... the factory comes with the 25mm bar. The part number is for the polyurethane bushing kit. It is NOT a bar, only a bushing kit.
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

I called up Neuspeed and the tech guy said the Rear Bar is 19mm because if it was any larger it'd be overkill for the street. I would personally swap out my stock 25mm front bar for an aftermarket 19mm bar if Neuspeed or somebody comes out with one. Then it'd be 19mm all around.
Old 01-04-2002
DIY King

<< Ah, my bad... the factory comes with the 25mm bar. The part number is for the polyurethane bushing kit. It is NOT a bar, only a bushing kit. >>

Wait, are you sure, if you take a look at their catalog it says, "Civic 2001-up polyurethane front sway bar bushing kit With 25mm bar". Check out http://www.neuspeed.com/pages/cat_pdf/1sprng.pdf and take a look for yourself. It's listed under: Neuspeed Sway Bars Acura Audi Honda
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

drbombay is an unknown quantity at this point
the price will tell you for sure if it's just a bushing kit or a bar too.
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

ModNewbieHELPME is an unknown quantity at this point
I ordered this from Tornactive...the complete kit front tie rear tie and sway...will be about a month before the tie and rear sway are out though.
i cant wait.
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

I have the printed catalog at my desk... I'll write down the exact words:

Civic 2001 - up polyurethane front sway bar bushing kit..... with 25mm bar.........15.20.25

I know it sounds misleading, so that's why I called Neuspeed at 805-388-7171. The guy who answered was Steve and he told me it was a bushing kit not a bar.
Old 01-04-2002
DIY King

Okay, k3wl. You called and asked. That works. I think I'll get the rear sway bar. Maybe the front polyurethane bushings too.
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
any one know how much will it cost? cause .. i have a strut bar..from neuspeed and want a sway bar..
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

You may want to hold onto your credit card Grey. I called Comptech USA (916) 933-1080 and talked to Dave. There are no immediate plans for 22mm rear sways/tie bar combo in the works for the 2k1, BUT, he told me that IF the RSX has a similar rear suspension, it would be released within 3 months!!! Fully adjustable sways at 22mm with the rear tie bar too... that's an awesome deal cuz you can adjust your level of oversteer or understeer.
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

<< Kion, how can you honestly give an opinion without the facts? You can't. My friend lives at home, and he sells parts online. He has virtually no overhead costs other than paying for cable service for his computer. >>

artychris, i wasn't referring to this particular product but his prices in general, how can you honestly dispute my statement without the slightest idea of what particular experience i'm talking about, or what parts i'm even referring to? You can't.

<< I thought that the sway bars in a car only affect how much the car leans to one side during cornering. I can't imagine how they affect understeer and oversteer. You're saying that if the front is stiffer than the back, then the car has a tendency to understeer, right? Then if you stiffen up the back more than the front, the car will have a tendency to oversteer. Correct? I don't see why.
>>

first off i think they meant to write "for" 25mm bar as opposed to "with" 25mm bar... well you already got it right there, it affects how much the car leans to one side during cornering, keeping the suspension parallel to the body affects its weight distribution in turns and handling dynamics as it enters corners, even though it enhances straight line traveling stability by a little bit... when you corner, you essentially want to rotate the car in the direction that you're going, stiffening up opposite ends of the chassis affects understeer and oversteer quite a bit. think of it first in terms of the traction at the end of the car being stiffened... in a corner, the traction gets reduced since as force pushes outwards on a car, the momentum is transferred from the inner wheel to the outer one, pushing the end outwards as well... the inner tires in a turn usually bear the majority of the force impact, so, knowing this, how do you get a car to rotate FASTER, by controlling body lean?

pretend your car is taking a sharp turn going right, to rotate faster you want the rear end to swing outwards more easily, losing traction, (and hence, why RWD is the most fun as well as the hardest to control, definitely the most beneficial in cornering since the rear end can be brought around quickly and then you can immediately power out of the exit)... so how do we get the rear end to swing outwards to the left? make it so that the right rear wheel is not taking the brunt of the force as we're coming around that right turn, we want the weight to be distributed between the back wheels so the rear end can take more of that momentum and rotate the car easily... so, stiffer rear end makes for faster rotation, inducing oversteer, the thicker your rear swaybar is, the faster you can rotate the car and the faster you can break the rear wheels loose in a corner... the downside is that rear swaybars that are too thick can make drastic handling changes that sometimes can be unpredictable on the street, a 30mm swaybar can make a car handle scary as hell when going around a 10mph turn, hehe

the opposite of course is true for the front end, imagine the car is taking a right turn again, the majority of the weight going to the inner wheels... except this time you dont want the front end to swing outwards, you want it to turn in more sharply, since quicker rotation is the goal.. again remember, stiffening either end results in less traction, if you make the front stiffer then both wheels will distribute the force of momentum more evenly, which will make for a slower rotation.... most likely, our factory front swaybar is hollow, and any replacements will most likely be solid with less bends.. one of the biggest advantages for stiffening the front end in this manner means much greater stability in a straight line, and in case you have problems with wheel hop this should probably help there too. but, this is why the kit is only swaybar bushings and not a thicker, stronger front swaybar, as this won't help a good handling objective and will make your car feel worse around corners, with more understeer.... making the front end too loose/flexy (or the swaybar too thin) and making the rear end too stiff (too thick) have similar effects, and vice versa, making the front end too stiff and making the rear end too loose/flexy

woo, damn, thats a whole lotta info, hehe, to sum it all up stiffening either end means more stability at a slight cost of ride comfort since the car will translate more undulations to driver input, making the rear end more solid means the car's end will swing around more quickly in turning (rotation) and induce oversteer, making the front end more solid means the car will tend to push outwards more quickly in a turn inducing understeer... dialing in understeer for a factory vehicle usually means a thick front swaybar to make a car's handling fairly predictable, which is also why most cars don't come with aggressive rear swaybars since they can make handling extremely twitchy, which can be seriously dangerous in an accident avoidance situation (jerking the wheel right might mean doing a 360 as opposed to swerving in the direction you wanna go)...

edit - one more thing i forgot to mention, an interesting autocross trick you might wanna remember... since most autox tracks have very few straights (and those that are usually tend to be quite short), you can reduce understeer quite a bit (and straight line stability as a result [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]) by DISCONNECTING your front swaybar entirely, you don't even have to take it off, but just by unbolting it from the chassis will make your front end so flexy and jello-y that you'll be able to have mucho front grip, helpful for all cars but especially for a FWD'er... again, this aint recommended for the street as it'll produce some very frightening handling characteristics at high speeds, but corners at most autox's are incredibly tight and the right driver in a tailhappy car could certainly benefit...

also, not that it matters to any of us, but for off-roading, since you usually want MORE flex to absorb height/terrain changes some people disconnect both the front AND rear swaybar, since turning speed isnt usually a consideration and you want to go over bumps and dips n want not
Old 01-04-2002
DIY King

Okay, now that made sense. Thanks Kion! I can imagine what sway bars do now.
Old 01-04-2002
Registered!!

hey no prob man, also, if you're extremely bored at work or somethin and have a good 20 minutes (like i was earlier today, damn i love work, hehe), i highly suggest checkin out this very informative swaybar/suspension discussion that the impreza crew are having right now:

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...hreadid=127650
Old 01-05-2002
Registered!!

drbombay is an unknown quantity at this point
just because it was mentioned and i've never seen one, anyone got a pic of an adjustable sway bar?
Old 01-05-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Those Comptech bars sound nice! Prolly cost a shiz load of $$ though.
Old 04-25-2002
Registered!!

3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I just ordered the 19mm RSX Type S sway-bar for my EX Coupe. Only cost me $78.37. YEEHAW! Oughtta be pretty nice with my Koni's/GC's/Neuspeed strut brace.

TJ
Old 04-26-2002
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
Kion that was a good info post, but you had the weight transfer wrong. In a right hand turn a majority of weight is on the left tires (outside) and not the inside tires as you stated. This is why autocrossers (front drivers) regularly dive into turns with the their inside rear tire locked and in the air. Peace