I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

No Audio on Android SWM8802 Audio Head

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emaxxx4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: No Audio on Android SWM8802 Audio Head

Originally Posted by ezone
You NEED 8 wires (4 matched pairs for 4 speakers) run through the line converter. 8 wires in from the radio, 8 wires out to the stock amplifier.

You don't know what the RCA outputs are for on the back of the radio? Leave them disconnected.

I'm sorry, I mean to show that 8 wires are coming from the back of the android unit, but the description does say 4 pairs. I edited the illustration to reflect this.

I'm going to try something else. I think the ground wire for the amp may not be grounded and will test it tomorrow. When I hooked up a speaker directly to the + and - wires I got sound, so it has to be the amp.

Edit: The ground wire from the android head goes to a terminal block, which then goes to the harness. Can I run the black and white wire from the harness (amp ground) also to the chassis ground? The blue wire from the Android's harness (amp turn on) goes to the terminal black, and on the other side of the terminal block I have a blue wire going to the antenna, and a teal wire that goes to the harness (as there's no blue wire from the harness and YouTube videos indicate that this is for the amp turn on).

Here's a closeup of the back of the unit regarding RCA jacks. As you can see the yellow are for audio video, while the red and white are outputs which I believe are only for auxiliary. It's the upper main block on the right that has the speaker outputs. I tested this with a regular stereo speaker and get sound, bypassing the SLC-1. When I hook it back up I'll try it on the regular car speakers. I just need to know if I can put the 18 gauge black/grey wire for amp ground to the same terminal strip block as the ground for the unit and the Scosche harness.

Last edited by emaxxx4; 08-24-2018 at 10:39 PM. Reason: more details at the end
Old 08-25-2018
Registered!!

I figured it out!!! I looked up the Scosche HA13B harness and the wires are run incorrectly from the factory. I used a small wire to go from the male harness to the terminal strip for the amp power on and got sound. This was with the Scosch SLC-4 line output converter. I'm going to try it without and see if I get better results.
Old 08-25-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Progress!
Old 08-25-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Progress!
Yes! Thank you again. It took me re-reading google hits when I checked the reviews of the harness on Amazon.com. Every review was about how the wiring was off completely. The pins to the outside were big, bit in the harness it was tiny. I managed to dig through stuff and find thin gauge wire in a drawer and connect one end to the Honda male connector and the other to the terminal strip.

At first I was using the SLC-4 and got one channel, but luckily today my male ad female RCA ends arrived, the one that have posts on the other ends for male and female wires. I wired those up instead and played the built-in tones = SUCCESS! I also put in a USB drive with a song and it played clearly, even louder than it was from my phone, and that was at a low volume! So now i'm about to try and use a tap on the wire from the amp harness (the smaller one), and route it directly to the terminal strip for stronger connectivity.

I did a Wikipedia search and saw that the amp in my coupe is a 350-watt amp,whereas in the sedan its only 160 watts. I can also return the $21 amp bypass it and perhaps the SLC-4. Thanks again!

Thanks again!