Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

2012 i-MID issue/service bulletin 13-017 question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jtrothrock is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 i-MID issue/service bulletin 13-017 question

I have an issue with the i-MID display on my 2012 LX. I have read there is an update for all LX and HF models of that year that fixes the issue of the A/B trip odometer and mileage not being displayed. The problem I have been experiencing is that this information will not be displayed for the first 10-20 seconds after I crank the car then will eventually show up. The same goes for the mileage left in tank display. Additionally, the A/B trip odometer will flicker occasionally and now that I am at 15% oil life, the service reminder cycles on and off every 30 seconds or so, even if I hit the information button to shrink it. Obviously this last issue is quite annoying and I was wondering if the update will fix this or if this is something more major/different issue. I have attached a video showing what it is now doing. Please help. Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
civic.wmv (2.88 MB, 235 views)
Old 03-29-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2012 i-MID issue/service bulletin 13-017 question

Did you contact a local dealer and ask about it?
Old 03-29-2018
Registered!!

Yes, they said not sure it was due to the software as the displays did not stay off as typical with this service bulletin. I went thru the procedure and checked my software version and it is the old one. I was insistent on them just doing that much and seeing if it fixed it however they wanted to try and get me to pay for them to do expensive troubleshooting. I just wanted a second opinion on if this seems to be consistent with the symptoms of this service bulletin given both dealerships' insistence on extensive troubleshooting instead of just performing the update I asked about.
Old 03-29-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Do you have a copy of the service bulletin? I cant seem to find it.
Old 03-29-2018
Registered!!

Here you go.

Old 03-29-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If you walked in and asked for a wheel alignment, would they try to get some crap diagnostic fee beforehand? No.

How about you insist your dealer simply updates the software, with no extra diagnosis. The customer is always right, and all that.

Then tell them if it doesn't solve the issue you have, you'll return to have them check further for their checkout fee. But you want the update done first, and you'll gladly pay for that.

If they still don't want to take your money, you're free to check other dealers with the same approach. SOMEONE will want to take your money.

Make sure you know both the current and updated software versions so you can make sure it got updated before you leave their parking lot.
Old 03-29-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted a second opinion on if this seems to be consistent with the symptoms of this service bulletin
IMO it doesn't match exactly. I haven't really seen many in a state of failure though.

Many people get it to work with a battery disconnect, and it works right for a while again.
Old 02-21-2019
Registered!!

john caudell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
Did you contact a local dealer and ask about it?
What a great forum answer!

or

Why not order part number 07AAZ-TR0A300 from the dealer and follow the Service Bulletin 13-017 instead. It's a thumb drive with an update to address that specific issue. (Read the service bulletin before ordering to see if it applies just to be sure)
Or you could as suggested go to the dealer and pay for a diag and then they might do this, depending on the level of tech assigned to your car.
Old 02-21-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by john caudell
What a great forum answer!

or

Why not order part number 07AAZ-TR0A300 from the dealer and follow the Service Bulletin 13-017 instead. It's a thumb drive with an update to address that specific issue. (Read the service bulletin before ordering to see if it applies just to be sure)
Or you could as suggested go to the dealer and pay for a diag and then they might do this, depending on the level of tech assigned to your car.
I ended up talking the dealer into doing it. My VIN didn't come up as needing it but I annoyed them until they submitted and actually looked at the vehicle to verify the version. Once they saw the all knowing VIN guide was wrong they did the upgrade. It fixed the issue and no problems since. If I knew you could order rhe part I probably would have done it myself. Just to save rhe headache.