I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

battery discharge problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roadkingbob is an unknown quantity at this point
battery discharge problem?

I have a 2012 Civic EX that I've done some collision repair on and replaced the blower motor, blower motor relay and the blower motor resistor and the car is ready to be driven finally, BUT I have had to charge the battery 3 times in the 2 months it took me to fix the car, so is there a known battery discharge problem with this car? I was web searching and came across a thread somewhere stating that in 2 different situations, a dealer had actually told the owners to run the car 30 minutes every 3 days at a minimum due to the 24/7 scanning the car does behind the scenes, does this sound true or is this a load of $hit?
The battery isn't that old either, but I am going to replace it regardless just for peace of mind. I'll check the voltage at 3000 rpm's with all accessories on to see if the alternator is working correctly. Any more tips you might have are greatly appreciated.
Old 12-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: battery discharge problem?

If the battery sat in a dead or weak state, that can dramatically shorten its life. If it was original, it probably needed replaced anyway

If a draw test shows less than 50 milliamps with the car off, key out, doors closed that's normal for the car.....that points to a bad battery.