I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Door switch malfunctioning

Old 11-06-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dalinjs is an unknown quantity at this point
Door switch malfunctioning

Hello all!

I couldn't find an answer to my specific situation anywhere, though I apologize if this has already been asked and resolved.

Since a couple of days ago, the door ajar light on my 2007 Honda Civic has been very finicky. Even when my driver side door is shut, the light will illuminate. If I shut the door a little harder than usual, the light will go off, but as soon as I nudge the door with my knee or go over a bump, the light comes back on. When the door is shut and I pull on it harder, the light will go off again.

The weird thing is when I use my finger to depress the door switch, the light stays off with no issue, even when I move my finger around. Even when I barely push the switch, it will not falter.
Old 11-06-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Door switch malfunctioning

See if the door sticks out a little more than it should when closed.
Maybe the striker plate (loop) is in need of adjustment to pull the door inward a smidge.

See if there is a rubber or plastic pad missing where the plunger of the switch makes contact with the door (compare to the opposite door)

Search this Thread